Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

Newly single' date=' newly sleeved, New me .. I am looking for other single sleevers out there to talk about single life, before during and after the sleeve. Maybe a place were us singles can come together and talk about whatever who knows maybe Someone can find love.. In a loveless world. So if you are single and out there lets hear from you.. :P[/quote']

Good idea

I am 6 months out and have lost close to 60 pounds, which I LOVE. What I don't love is the flab that is showing up all over the place. I am doing well with the "flags" under my arms, but the inner thighs are just gross. Any suggestions on how to tighten this up?

Detroit area July 23 single sleever here. Can't wait to finally get over with it. Getting attention has never been a problem for me. I want to be able to blend in better.

I am now 12 days post- op and feeling great. I have been single for the last 18 months. I lost my husband to Pancreatic Cancer.

I am now 12 days post- op and feeling great. I have been single for the last 18 months. I lost my husband to Pancreatic Cancer.

I happy your feeling good since your surgery & I'm sorry about the loss of your husband.

Hi everyone, I'm really glad that they have this app for sleevers to be each others support system. I was sleeved nov1st so almost 8 months out & My highest weight & surgery day was 328 & now I'm 220 so that's 108 down so far. Also I've attached my before picture & afters along the way to show.

post-51776-13813667023399_thumb.jpg

Me at prior surgery on left & the right photo is at a little over 3months post op.

post-51776-13813667024301_thumb.jpg

Me at prior surgery on left the right photo is at a little over 6 months post op.

post-51776-1381366702506_thumb.jpg

Me at 7 1/2 months post op.

Also having my 9month check up on July 9th mean while my 9 months isn't Till August 1st. At that time or the next day I will post newer pics.

I happy your feeling good since your surgery & I'm sorry about the loss of your husband.

Thank you! It's been tough but I know he wants be to move on.

single lady over here' date=' pound dropper, and getting lots of attention from men.. but i turn them down cus i dont know how to act lol... i like being single.. for now.. but we can talk... lol[/quote']

Lol clearly u are showing out

Alright my fellow Singletons...Ya know that thing we all dread? Just happened to me....about an hour ago...Now I have only talked to this guy for two weeks or so (so it's not like heavy emotions were involved) and he made the comment that this one girl wouldn't leave him alone and when I asked what was wrong with her, he said it was that she was too big. Like 280 pounds....I asked him "Would you totally freak out if I told you I used to be that big?" and he said "No, "used to be" is used to be." I should have known this was too good to be true. Today, he saw some pictures of me when I was at my heaviest and he FREAKED OUT! He even told me "I'm freaking out, you were really large." and I told him "If you can't handle it, I understand, but you had better let me know becuase there are plenty of people that can handle it." well...we went back and forth and I was (admittedly) a little on the defensive... he asked me "How big are you now?" and I told him I was 208 lbs (77 lbs down in 4 months *woot* *woot*) and what my goal weight was and all this stuff but I just felt like he was patronizing me at this point. It was humiliating, and I have to tell you, it made me HOPPIN' MAD! I could chew ten-penny nails right now. I told him I was done with the conversation and he said "I think someone is being a little oversensetive." and I told him "well, I told you before that I had issues with this type of thing, so how do you think I should act?" and the HE said "I don't know, maybe I should just quit talking to you because I don't want to keep hurting your feelings." A real peach isn't he? I told him "No, don't you use my feelings as a scapegoat. If you can't handle how big I was, then you tell me the truth!" (like seriously...grow some balls) well he didn't say anything and I said "nevermind...whatever makes you feel better", and that was the end of it.

Listen, I am a very emotional person and I am totally a cryer. But even though my feelings were hurt, the biggest thing I feel is anger! I went back to my Facebook and almost deleted every fat picture of me I could find...but then I stopped...there are memories in those pictures, and even though I was very large, I still love myself...I love myself NOW and I love myself THEN too! That large person is a part of what made me who I am. I know it sounds silly, but to someone that really cares, it won't matter all that much!

This is just my little testimonial...Y'all, if I can survive that, ANYONE can! So if anything like this ever happens to you, DO NOT LET SOMEONE MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF!!

Alright my fellow Singletons...Ya know that thing we all dread? Just happened to me....about an hour ago...Now I have only talked to this guy for two weeks or so (so it's not like heavy emotions were involved) and he made the comment that this one girl wouldn't leave him alone and when I asked what was wrong with her, he said it was that she was too big. Like 280 pounds....I asked him "Would you totally freak out if I told you I used to be that big?" and he said "No, "used to be" is used to be." I should have known this was too good to be true. Today, he saw some pictures of me when I was at my heaviest and he FREAKED OUT! He even told me "I'm freaking out, you were really large." and I told him "If you can't handle it, I understand, but you had better let me know becuase there are plenty of people that can handle it." well...we went back and forth and I was (admittedly) a little on the defensive... he asked me "How big are you now?" and I told him I was 208 lbs (77 lbs down in 4 months *woot* *woot*) and what my goal weight was and all this stuff but I just felt like he was patronizing me at this point. It was humiliating, and I have to tell you, it made me HOPPIN' MAD! I could chew ten-penny nails right now. I told him I was done with the conversation and he said "I think someone is being a little oversensetive." and I told him "well, I told you before that I had issues with this type of thing, so how do you think I should act?" and the HE said "I don't know, maybe I should just quit talking to you because I don't want to keep hurting your feelings." A real peach isn't he? I told him "No, don't you use my feelings as a scapegoat. If you can't handle how big I was, then you tell me the truth!" (like seriously...grow some balls) well he didn't say anything and I said "nevermind...whatever makes you feel better", and that was the end of it.

Listen, I am a very emotional person and I am totally a cryer. But even though my feelings were hurt, the biggest thing I feel is anger! I went back to my Facebook and almost deleted every fat picture of me I could find...but then I stopped...there are memories in those pictures, and even though I was very large, I still love myself...I love myself NOW and I love myself THEN too! That large person is a part of what made me who I am. I know it sounds silly, but to someone that really cares, it won't matter all that much!

This is just my little testimonial...Y'all, if I can survive that, ANYONE can! So if anything like this ever happens to you, DO NOT LET SOMEONE MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF!!

I am sorry you had to deal with the ass end of my gender. I've recently had to deal with an issue myself and it is quite difficult sometimes to understand why people do the things they do. My girl of 10 years left me last month for someone else. She told me I had changed to much. She told me I look and feel different and she wanted to move on. For the last 3 weeks I have felt so guilty for losing 110 pounds. I have felt so ashamed for changing myself because that's the reason she left me. Because I changed for the good. I do things now that I thought I never could. I wanted to grow old with her. I know it sounds corny but I didn't expect this from surgery. I knew some things would change but I never imagined it would be this. Even other people such as co-workers, family and even some friends treat me differently. Almost as if I was invisible before and now all of a sudden they want my company. It is heavy on my heart that people are this way. But you know what, I do me. I have learned that I need to focus on myself and I have done that. Despite the issues at hand I work 2 jobs, work out twice a day and just stay positive. Thank goodness for my dog Oreo :) Thanks for sharing your post. It's always easier to talk to someone about something when they have to deal with BS as well. Good day to you.

I'm single and worried also about a man seeing pics of me heavy and being turned off. I don't have have a man and have no idea on how to get one but I guess it could happen. Anyway I've been so focused on being a mom to m my son that I've spent the last 16 years just staying home and doing stuff with him. Well he is out and about now doing 16 year old boy stuff so that leaves me alone. I've never been lonely. I talked to other single moms that say they are lonely and can't believe that I just stayed home and didn't care about having a man in my life. Well now that my son is older I totally get what they mean about being lonely. Now that I'm thinner and have way more confidence I'm always wanting to go places the problem is is that I don't have anyone to go with. My girl friends are all married with kids. My single friends want to hang at bars and I don't. I have no idea how to find a man. So although I love my new body I for the first time ever am lonely.

I'm 29, newly single and newly sleeved in South Louisiana as of May 27th! My fiance' passed away last summer and I haven't dated anyone since. I'm down 26 pounds so far. I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm looking forward to the possibilities this journey presents. I guess the cliche' dinner dates will be quite different as I've already had to explain to a couple of colleagues over lunch the reason I couldn't finish my food. So far, everyone has been very positive and supportive (at least to my face LOL)!