Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

Just became single ..im 12 days post op....i have been with the same guy for 5 years, thick and thin. Once i decided to have the sleeve he started to push me away....i dont get it but i know i have alot to do to fix me....so single is ok for now! Glad im not alone out here!!!

well its good to see that none of us are alone. newbie i am in your shoes as far as being alone at the begining. lets all truly keep in touch and help each other out how ever we can

I'm single. Sleeved three months now. I'm a single mom and I even did that by myself! =) Well, my OB helped...

I'd kind-of like to get out a little and socialize but I'm not Miss Social - I'm more the friend of Miss Social type. My closest single girlfriend is dealing with some of her own issues and doesn't want to go out so I sort-of feel stuck. Maybe that's good because I'm also one big walking hormone and might make a complete fool of myself falling all over some poor soul! That and the idea of someone actually being attracted to me is a little freaky. I remember my surgeon's PA telling me that I needed to get used to the idea of people being interested in me and I think I looked at her like she was speaking a foreign language. I don't mean to be down on myself but the thought of someone seeing me naked is just too horrifying for words.

Checking back in, I went out with my wingman on Friday night, he was helping me see what kinda guys are out there.

Had the best night, got hit on like 4 times in one night......not sure any were 100% serious, but more attention than I ever got pre-op.

Guess I am starting to get sexy...will embrace that :)

Sounds like u had a good time assu

Absolutely! Good for you.

Checking back in, I went out with my wingman on Friday night, he was helping me see what kinda guys are out there.

Had the best night, got hit on like 4 times in one night......not sure any were 100% serious, but more attention than I ever got pre-op.

Guess I am starting to get sexy...will embrace that :)

Hey everyone I'm single myself, looking forward to some attention once I'm surgery date is May 1st. I hope some men post here as well

Hey all the single ladies. I've been single most of my life, a boy or 3 here and there, even a few serious relationships, but never married. I haven't had low self esteem as an adult, but definitely in high school and college. I'm looking forward to more attention. The best part of being single on a diet is no temptation food and not having to cook something I can't eat for a family. What is the best part for you?

There really arent very many single male sleevers... I guess that means I get first pick? Just kidding.

It's great to see all the single sleevers out, I'm joining the ranks (been single for a few months, but was using the time to get myself on track) and glad to be here. I'm still on the 6 month diet/exercise regime and in month 2 I'm down 31 pounds. If my college schedule doesn't fit the surgery date, I'm just gonna do in Mexico. It's nice to have both options.

Anyways, bring it on singles - were the ones who keep the party going!

There really arent very many single male sleevers... I guess that means I get first pick? Just kidding.

It's great to see all the single sleevers out' date=' I'm joining the ranks (been single for a few months, but was using the time to get myself on track) and glad to be here. I'm still on the 6 month diet/exercise regime and in month 2 I'm down 31 pounds. If my college schedule doesn't fit the surgery date, I'm just gonna do in Mexico. It's nice to have both options.

Anyways, bring it on singles - were the ones who keep the party going![/quote']

So when are you schedule for surgery? What's your stats? Where are you from? Introduced yourself flirt ;-)

So when are you schedule for surgery? What's your stats? Where are you from? Introduced yourself flirt ;-)

My name is TJ, I'm from Maryland but born in Ohio. Smart enough to work for the Man, dumb enough to get back on a motorcycle after half a decade of no riding (one of my major reasons for losing weight - I miss my HD Dyna Glide :( ).

My nutritionist made the recommendation for August 16 which is about 3 weeks after my program ends. The surgeon will respond soon we hope. Personally, I hope they can push it up because class starts again at the end of August. So I might pick up the knowledge from the insurance and just pay out of pocket with Dr. Kelly.

Stats as requested (demanded?)

26 years old

5'10"

337 pounds prior to nutrition class

306 pounds as of this morning

Im like a life size Teddy Bear ;-)

Now I have to read the rest of the thread and figure out who else is in here and who they are hehe.

Well nice to meet you! Hope you dont have to wait long? And I hope to continue hearing about your process through out the group

Well nice to meet you! Hope you dont have to wait long? And I hope to continue hearing about your process through out the group

Definitely - might just do the Mexico option if I can't get the timing right. Honestly, I don't talk too much about the progress thing. It feels too much like bragging. But I love reading stories and offering encouragement.

Definitely - might just do the Mexico option if I can't get the timing right. Honestly' date=' I don't talk too much about the progress thing. It feels too much like bragging. But I love reading stories and offering encouragement.[/quote']

I don't feel it's bragging! You are giving a testimony of the surgery being a success and also sharing what you go through gives hopes to others.

My name is TJ, I'm from Maryland but born in Ohio. Smart enough to work for the Man, dumb enough to get back on a motorcycle after half a decade of no riding (one of my major reasons for losing weight - I miss my HD Dyna Glide :( ).

My nutritionist made the recommendation for August 16 which is about 3 weeks after my program ends. The surgeon will respond soon we hope. Personally, I hope they can push it up because class starts again at the end of August. So I might pick up the knowledge from the insurance and just pay out of pocket with Dr. Kelly.

Stats as requested (demanded?)

26 years old

5'10"

337 pounds prior to nutrition class

306 pounds as of this morning

Im like a life size Teddy Bear ;-)

Now I have to read the rest of the thread and figure out who else is in here and who they are hehe.

Welcome to the Single Sleevers forum.

Get ready for some more attention.

I still dont see it but I have been hanging out with my wingman lately and he says there are always guys checking me out...but hopefully I will realise when a good guy does come along...

Good luck with your surgery :)