Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories Do You Eat Daily?

On an averge day about how many calories do you eat? I am almost 5 months post op. I eat between 1200-1600. At this level I lose about one pound a week. I know that is more than my nut. advised, she said 900, but I was hungry all the time. Also at around month 3 my hair started falling out big time so I raised my daily calorie limit to try and stop it from all coming out. My Hair loss has stopped, thank goodness. I wonder if I should lower my calories limit. I was curious how much other sleevers eat. Thanks!

Honestly I don't know anymore what amount I should be eating and I have no guidance on this! Nobody ever seems to talk about the drastic changes in how your body loses weight once you are no longer morbidly obese and are just chunky trying to get to goal. I am 40 lbs away from goal and take in around 1200 calories a day. I upped this from 800 cals a day. My energy is better, but I whether at 800 or 1200, I haven't lost weight since the new year. =(

I'm struggling to get 10 pounds of "Holiday" and "New Baby" weight off from the later part of last year...So we can't go on what I am doing now.

But, when I was still losing, I ate between 1200 and 1500 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week. It was more than the charts said I should be eating to lose that amount of weight based on my height, but it worked for me. I still don't know what I think about the "starvation mode" and too few calories, but for me, it seemed to take most days of being over 1200 calories to lose the weight.

I've been focused on those "new" 10 for a few months now. I tried not tracking and just eating Protein first & eat whatever in the amount of space I had left over. WRONG!!!! Good for my maintenance, but not for losing. For the past month, I've been tracking between 1200 and 2000 calories a day & seeing some loss. I am down to needing 4.7 more pounds to get to my "feel good weight". If I get there & feel that I want to lose more, I may go for the additional 3 pounds & get to my ultimate low from January 2011.

The only time I saw significant loss was when I kept to around 600 calories a day <30g's carbs in my first 6 months. Since then as my calories have gone up, so have my struggles to lose every frickin' ounce increased.

The only time I saw significant loss was when I kept to around 600 calories a day <30g's carbs in my first 6 months. Since then as my calories have gone up, so have my struggles to lose every frickin' ounce increased.

I am so sorry. :(

I am 7.5 months out and usually hitting between 900-1200 cals/day. I typically lose 2-3 lbs/week (it's slowed down in the past couple weeks because my exercising has been a little lax).

I am 15 weeks out and can barely get in over 800 calories a day. But I feel great and I am still losing. 18 pounds to my goal.

I'm getting close to 5 months as well and I take in around 1600 cals a day when I'm lifting heavily and slightly more complex carbs (before and after lifting). On days I just do cardio, I'm closer to 1200 cals a day with less carbs. I don't even lose a pound a week, probably averages to maybe 1/2 pound a week. But I'm also gaining back a lot of my muscle and just about back to my pre surgery strength. I am also having no problem getting in my Protein and probably get at least 80-90 grams a day and usually at least one Protein Shake a day.

I usually average around 800. Some days much less and some days a little more. My doctor advised 1000, with 60-80 grams Protein. However, that's sometimes hard to do. I know if I'm not getting enough Water, I sometimes get a "hungry" feeling. My doctor said dehydration can imitate feelings of hunger, and i should drink a minimum of 64 oz a day. Could it be you need more water? Just a thought.

I am 15 weeks out and had my follow-up today. I asked him how many calories max. I should have if I not to my goal yet. He said if you want to keep losing, don't go over 1,000 calories per day, but try to stay bewtween 800-900. It is hard for me to get in 800, so i guess I am on the right track!

I use MIO for flavoring for my Water. The strawberry watermelon is so good. Natural and no artifical sweetners. However, Walmart has their own Great Value brand for 2.79. Cost at least 3.79 most other places, but it allows me to drink ALL day it tastes so good. Since my surgery i cannot stand the taste of plain bottled water so i have to flavor it. try that if you feel you can't get enough water in, since it adds a little variety!

I am 3 months out, I do 800 calories a day, atleast 60 gram Protein, no more than 70 carbs. I'm losing 3-5 pounds a week. I do atleast 5 hours of cardio and strength training a week As well.

I am 3 months out, I do 800 calories a day, atleast 60 gram Protein, no more than 70 carbs. I'm losing 3-5 pounds a week. I do atleast 5 hours of cardio and strength training a week As well.

My surgery was 12/14 so you are close to me. I forgot how many grams of carbs my dietician told me to stay under if I am still trying to lose and she is on vacation. I am sticking to 800 a day until I reach my goal. Only 18 lbs. away! YAY!