Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

I have reached my goal in as little as 8 months. June 2006- 250 lbs, Feb 2007 138 lbs. When I reached my goal in 2-07 I have 1/2 of cc removed from my band so that I would be able to maintain my weight. I love my band the only regret is why didn't I do it sooner.

i am gonna attempt to post and insert pics. i was 202 at the surgery day(sept 19,2006) today i am 130 with only 12 lbs left to lose.i have alot of skin to be removed which will be the most of the remaining weight i have left to shed. has anyone begun to reconstruct and if so, any suggestions or things to ask the dr when i go for my consult?:whoo:i was banded by dr rumbaut in monterrey mexico and had a wonderful life changing experience there. i highly recommend him. anyone else banded by rumbaut? are you going to the 1st annual get together with him in houston?

post-210961-13813135384214_thumb.jpg

Nails - You look fantastic!

I was banded Sep 05. I've gone from 255 down to 165. I'd like to get down to the 130's for my goal. I'm much further away to my goal than you but considering I started higher I believe a good chunk of the remaining weight is from the excess skin (as well as my F-cup chest). I've already scheduled PS for an extended Tummy Tuck & Lipo on October 9th. My hope is to lose around 15 pounds from the surgery. I had toyed with waiting until I lost another 15-20 pounds before I had the surgery but after consulting the PS he said it wasn't necessary. That I was close enough to goal that I could have the surgery now and still lose the rest of the weight afterwards without risk of looking like I needed another tummy tuck.

Either closer to surgery or just afterwards. I'm going to start a thread on it. I've already got the before photos from the PS office ready to upload.

thanks, and im sure as most, i feel so much better. i am very short, 4'11. so my 202 looked aweful. i found the one pic i took about 2 weeks after my surgery. i never took pics, i hated how i looked. now you cant keep out of the cameras view! im making up for lost time! ill try to post the before. do you kow how to minimize the pic i just posted? also how do you make the little scale everyone has? i could never figure out this forum thats why i dont drop by often. im not computer savvy.

post-210961-13813135386981_thumb.jpg

Nails,

This site took me a while to get use to as well. But it is one of the best if not the best "thread" based sites I've ever found for any topic. I love the smileys, signatures and the way you can "sucscribe" to different threads to get reminders when there have been updates. I've even been known to come to this site just so I could cut paste a smiley from here into a personal e-mail I was sending someone. And, I think I'm subscribed to nearly 10 different threads though I'm really only active in about 4-5 right now. A local Kansas City thread, a couple Plastic Surgery Threads, a thread for people banded in September, a thread talking about Relationship issues and even an off-topic Harry Potter Thread.

I'm not sure how to fix the picture sizes myself but for the "ticker" slash signature line. That's relatively easy. You can go to a webpage called tickerfactory.com. Pick out a ticker style you like put in your stats which can be a mini-goal or final-goal, it can show pounds lost or your exact weights. Some people have even started using the ticker to measure other things like exercise goals. Setting a number of hours or miles they want to reach in a month and tracking it on the ticker.

Once you create the ticker at Tickerfactory you open a seperate webpage window and go to LapBandTalk. At the top of the page there should be an option for "UserCP" click on that then on the left side of that screen there should be an option "Edit Signature". Once you select that you should see a window that looks a lot like the reply windows for a thread. In that window you can type what ever information you want to appear on every reply you post to Lapbandtalk.

Now here is where I might tell you something different than others might. On the Tickerfactory site at the end it gives you all these different wierd codes to use to get the image to work on different types of web pages. I don't mess with any of those. I just highlight the ticker I created on that page with my mouse, right click my mouse and hit copy. Then go to the edit signature window, right click and hit paste. It is much simpler. Once you have created the signature I recommend you hit the preview signature button just to check it first.

The ONLY thing I've found that I don't like about this site is that once you change your signature line it is changed for ALL the posts you have ever listed not just you future posts. So you can't go back to old posts from months or years ago and see what your ticker looked like back then. Small complaint I know.

I guess you could say I am close to MY goal weight!

My magical # for some reasone when I started was to weigh 135.

Im only 5 foot 3 or so and today I weighed in at 144 SOOOO YAY, I need to get my head back into it and stop the little sancking and what not!

(My Doc thinks I should get to 125 or even less, because of my "small" frame....I like my curves so we will just have to see about that :) )

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 12 lbs from my goal weight of 140 lbs. My top weight was 220 lbs. I love my lap band. The best thing I love is that I no longer have the every-morning-dread of my clothes being too tight to fit into. No more drastic yo-yoing weight loss/gain that has robbed me of so much of my life.

I made it past my goal weight. Throughout my YEARS of dieting I always wanted to shoot for around 175..my magic number..Last Sat I was giving some medication to my dog and forgot how much she weighed..so I grabbed her and got on the scale, then put her back down and got back on...i was at 172..i was so stunned I had to reweigh the dog + me bc I forgot that number! I cant believe that Ive lost over 90 lbs in less than a year..my doc says Im one of thier star clients..To everyone looking for motivation, just keep trying..Theres no point in having a goal if you dont think you can reach it!

The goal from the doctor was 175, but since it was so close to one hundred I decided that my personal goal would be 173. Currently, I am at 166. Somedays this feels great, but then I wonder how it would be just a bit lighter. I deffinately don't want to get down to low. The 160's keep me pretty satisfied so I would like to stay here. I never could have done this without the help of my lapband. I love it!

I am 11 lbs. away from my personal goal of losing 100 lbs. I had my surgery on August 23, 2006 and started out at 252 lbs, size 22/24. I now weigh 161 and am wearing a size 14 jean and medium size clothing. One of the side effects I didn't like was that my chests size went down 3 cups but oh well. My stomach is going away, almost flat now. I will need some surgery in the future but it really doesn't look at bad as I thought it would.

This thread isn't too active, but I wanted to post that I made my personal goal of 150 yesterday. I'm sure I was over 250 at points, but I remember when I started my pre-op diet, I was 245. I lost 8 pounds prior to surgery as I was 237 on surgery day. I am 5'6" and now a size 10. Best of luck to all of you approaching your goals.