Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

I reached my goal weight on September 24th, 47 weeks since pre-op. I've set myself a new goal, just for the fun of it, to get to around 160-162 pounds. No big deal, just want to see if I can do it.

Congratulations to everyone who has made their goal weight. I have a great sense of achievement now, although on the day I made goal I had a sense of anti-climax.

I have been banded since 3/2004. I started my journey at 241 lbs. and wanted to be 175 which i reached slowly but without stress, all I really wanted was to be a size14..........I have been at 167 for well over a year now and bought my first pair of size 10's last week. If I tried I know I could weigh much less but at 56 I am concerned with saggy skin and it is much more important than my size so I am very happy with myself. This is the most wonderful tool and the very best thing I have ever done for myself. Just remember it is a TOOL to weight loss and it takes awhile to figure out what to eat, what you can tolerate and what is a GOOD fill. I get on the scale every morning and if I am up a pound I watch for a couple of days and it goes away. I LOVE MY BAND !!

That's awesome...it is so encouraging to hear these success stories. I only got banded a little over a week ago. I am still eating Soup and liquids. I do get hungry...but fill up on very little, so it seems to be doing what it's suppose to! I have lost 15 pounds since Started the 10 day liquid diet. So far so good!

Jill

Ive reached my personal goal. I went from 345 to 205 a total of 140lbs. Im going to knock 5 more lbs off and call it a success!!!! I was banded in Nov. 05

I reached my goal on 10/15/08. I started at 242# and now weigh 134#. I lost 54# from 11/22/07 until time of surgery on 06/17/08. It's been a good ride. No complications. Basically followed each and every rule my surgeon requires and things fell into place and the weight loss happened. I went from wearing a 3X top and 18 or larger jeans. I am now in a medium top and size 6 jeans.

The best part of all of this is the way I feel physically. Plus, no more worries about my health when it comes to BP,etc. I am me again!!!!

I was banded on 7/16/08 and am currently 10 lbs away from my goal weight. I started the process at 294 lbs, my day of the surgery I was 274 and this morning I am 195 with a goal weight of 185. I might be able to get down to 175 but time will tell. Things have gone really well, and I stuck to the plan the doctor gave me and achieved the results.

Christmas week was the first time I really pushed my band and I wont do it again...It hurts!

Good luck to all the new banders and do yourself a favor and follow the rules....It really works

Steve

I've lost about 50 lbs and the fill nurse has said I am at or very close to the right weight. I went from a size 14 to a size 4 or almost a size 2 in pants and a size xl shirts to a size small shirts. I got the band for health reasons and they seem to be pretty well resolved although I'm still on medication for blood pressure and cholestrol. I'm thrilled with the results after 25 years of unsuccessful dieting!!!! I do sometimes still feel big ever though everyone tells me how tiny I am. Good luck to all of you starting your journey.

I posted on this subject a long time back and had lost 120 and wanted to lose about 35 more...I actually ended up losing an additional 60 more pounds..a total of 185 lost and maintaining there..never been so happy in my life.

:cheer2: I am at goal, and maintaining.

I lost from 297 lbs / 135 kg down to 134 lbs / 61 kg.

Congrats at reaching your goal. That is awsome. You mention getting your tube shortened. Why was that necessary. Just curious because I'm still having a lot of deferred pain in my left shoulder since banding 9-8-09

I am currently within 9 pounds from a healthy BMI. I was banded in March 2008 and lost most of my weight in the first 9 months. Since them i have been inching downward (with an occasional upward inch) but i'm getting there! Ultimately i'd like to be somewhere in the middle of the healthy BMI range (20-25 lbs to go).

I love that this band is adjustable. Sometimes just when i think that it's just "not working anymore" i go get a fill and it's a whole new ballgame!

How did you all decide upon your goal?

Was it something you chose, or something your doctor chose?

My surgeon suggested I would do well to lose 65-70 lbs. I chose to set my goal at 100. I'm almost there, but even after having lost 100, I will still weigh 179 and be about a size 12-14.

I never thought the 100 would really be obtainable, but now I'm wondering if I set the wrong goal.

I too am in love with the band. At age 50 there was no way I was going to lose almost 40 lbs. in 6 months and I know by now I would have gained. I still would like to lose 30 or so more but I'm not hanging on the numbers. I can fit into a size 14 easily now and that suits me just fine. My stomach is still a bit of a problem though my numbers have all improved and continue to improve. I love getting my blood checked now...always says improved@ I could ask for more!

PS: For anyone considering this proceedure ....the band ain't for wimps though and you must have to REALLY want it or you'll be in for a surprise. I get stuck, I vomit and sometimes experience pain but the health and mental advantages make it all worthwhile.