Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again?

If I could go back in time  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If I could go back in time

• I would get banded all over again, very happy with the results
    • I would get banded again but wish I had done more research
    • I would not get banded and/or wish I hadnt

I'm curious to know how those here feel about their lapband surgery and whether they have any regrets about it. Most likely those here are going to be more positive than not but here's a poll:

I did do it again and I would do it again in a heart beat.

I am 1 in thousands that had a leak in my band. Not sure why looks like it was an oops on my Dr.s part, but it happened. And if it happend again I would do it agian.

Again...as stated in a heartbeat. I went through about a yr. before being banded so got lots of time to research. It's been a wonderful decision up to this point. I've had absolutely no problems.

I am only 2 weeks post op and I would do it again in a snap.

For the first time in my life, I feel hope.

sometimes i think that i would do it again...other times i feel very disappointed. i am not gaining though, so i don't think it was a mistake. however, i had hope to lose a little more than 13 lbs since surgery day.((i lost 4 lbs preop))

YES! YES! YES! And more yes!! I love my band. I only wish I could have had it done years ago. So oh yea thats a big YES for me.

Absolutely the only thing I would change about doing it again, is that I would have done it years ago! It has been life saving, I have no doubt.

Kat

I got my band three years ago. It is a tricky little device,but I'm down 75 pounds and I'm thrilled. I would do it again despite the PBing, wondering if I need a fill or an unfill, etc. It's been worth everything I've invested in it for sure.

Nancy

I would do it again in a heartbeat - and I've even been advocating a few friends who have been discussing gastric bypass...telling them the benefits of getting the band instead. I can tell already that this will be life changing for me and I can't wait for it to REALLY get going!!

In a NY minute and sooner if I could. It was one of the best things I ever did for not only myself but my family. I now stand a much better chance of living longer than if I continue on the way I was.