Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pause for Hugs

This thread started today. In fact, not too very long ago.

*waves Hallooo to Vegas and Wheetsin* :wave:

Happy Anniversary, Mr and Mrs Tommy O! :)

I hope you two get to do something very special together today.

I'm sitting at my desk in downtown Houston. (19th floor, but by a window.) I am nibbling on a broccoli/raisin salad and browsing this site waiting for customers to call in. I do not converse much on this sight, but sign in at least every hour while at work just to see what's a going on.

P'Nut, you right about this being a great place for friendship. I've never met any of you face-to-face, but I feel a bond and closeness to each of you because of our band. I want to know how you are doing, what you are feeling, trials you are having and victories you've accomplished. I guess it's the maternal instinct in me...... or maybe just down-right nosey-ness. It's a safe haven I can voice my concerns, share my disappointments and shout my NSV's. Thanks to all for being here. I love you all. Here's to everyone a very BIG HUG!

I am just sitting here drinking my big glass of ice tea. It is around 2pm. Usually I work nights but was off last night and tonight. However, had to go into work at 7am for a meeting. It is fineally not so hot and humid here as it has been of late. Actually able to enjoy my time off of work. Usually its raining or so hot you can't breath let alone function. Have been talkin to my wonderful Friend and support person Sue! Thanks Sue! You sure do make it much easier for me on those bad days! To the rest of you...enjoy your day and everyone stay safe! What a great thread this is for all.

What a great thread! I am sitting here in Medford, OR enjoying the 70 degree afternoon, our 100's are finally leaving! I am eating my lovely broth for lunch and feeling so much better today then I have about having my Band. I just love this board, so many WONDERFUL members and ALOT of information. I have learned so much and greatful to each and every person who has shared there journey.

Love this thread. Hello to all of you. It's 1pm here on the west coast and we're having our first cool and drizzly day in a long while. So cool in fact that I've got a big pot of pea Soup with a big ham bone in it simmering on the stove for supper later. Tuesday is my day off. I've taken my son to physio and I'm taking him along with me to bottle a batch of wine later. I usually do it with 2 other wine making buddies (we split the batches and costs) but we've had trouble with being able to get together at the same time. My sweetie has come home for lunch and is having a nap before returning to work.

When we get back from bottling, my boy and I will sit down and make our list for our summer camping. We're going to a lake near here next Fri and will be there the whole week until the following Sunday. I will be nipping back and forth every second day to work. The pros and cons of having my own business: it's very difficult for me to take a lot of time off but I do have the freedom to adjust my schedule to start late (to give me time to get back into town for a shower) and take the odd afternoon off. I'm telling everyone I'm working next Wed. but I'll actually be nipping over to the mainland for my first fill. Yahoo!

Afternoon ((((hugs!))))! Thanks for starting such a nice thread Susan!

I just got back from paying for my classes and buying my books. Yep, at 44 years old I'm finally going to college. I don't know if I should be happy or institutionalized! Since my husband and I have finally faced the fact that we're not going to be able to have kids, I decided that I better find something that I like to do with my time. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging around the house and doing this, that, and whatever, but I need to find a purpose - or at least a goal - to keep me active and outgoing in the world. I've spent so much time hiding from people (myself) that I feel like I've almost disappeared. Time to become visible again.

My husband and I are going to a little resort in the Texas Hill Country this weekend with my sister and her husband and their two kids. I'm looking forward to hanging out with them but . . . The Hill Country - in August!? What were we thinking? Oh well. It'll be hot but fun. Now all I have to do is get the house picked up so our house/pet sitter won't be apalled!

Thanks for the hug - chat again soon!

Kewl thread. I got home from work about 2 hrs ago and already did a 60 min workout and have had my shower. My hubby is making dinner (as per norm!) lol (ahhh, the advantages of having married a chef!).

Glad u are all having wonderful days. *SOB* I can't get on the site at work....I work for the Dep't of Defence and they have quite the firewalls on....so this site is one of MANY that are blocked. (prob because it is considered a chat site). So, I have to do without my "fixes" while at work.

(maybe that is a good thing otherwise I might not get much done!!).

hahaha

Donna: whatcha takin' at school?

Ahh.. well, the day's winding down. I got Dawg to the dentist this afternoon. He gets to go in on Friday and be put under so they can remove four wisdom teeth. This guy's got roots like an oak tree apparently, so its night night for him while they remove those puppies.

I enjoyed eating chicken and coleslaw while I leisurely read what everyone else was doing. It was great. Bottling your own wine, working in high rise buildings (yea, well anything over 3 stories is high rise in my book), going back to college, working out, planning vacations, celebrating anniversaries. *smiles* Life really is good, isn’t it? Thanks for sharing the day with me. It really felt nice to be just that much closer to ya. *hugs*

Well, I got here late so I don't know if anyone else will see this or not. I have had a hard start at school because the teacher that I usually work with is out because of surgery. That means I have to do my job as well as hers because the sub has never worked special ed and I had to do everything for a few days. That being said, I have had a wonderful day. I needed a hug today so I really appreciated the ones given here. I have been in a good mood all day and when I got to my second job, was complemented on my smile, and my voice ( I answer the phone at a car dealership). This one finance guy calls me "The Voice". "Oh good, she's here, THE VOICE." Those 2 things always make me feel good.

I am passing the "hugs" on to everyone else. Have a wonderful day or evening or life.

Enjoy the things that you have, don't dwell on what you don't have.

I see ya, Mystjin. Sounds like you have a busy life going on, and true to my image of you.. there you are, being a sweetheart and brightening other people's days. You rock.. even if I haven't heard 'that voice'. *grins*

I wound up on the couch taking a glorious 3 hour nap this evening. What better way to get through a hot August night. Ok, there are plenty of better ways but these meds I'm taking for hives knock me out after dinner.

So what's everyone doing tonight then? Anyone still up for a hello and a hug? I've got plenty of each!

I, too, am a little late to the dance! Can't talk on LBT at work, so I have to wait until I put my 9 year old to bed then I get my support fix!

I have to say you are all an inspiration, as I read your posts it strikes me that we're all so different but have so much in common!

Susan - big THANKS for bringing us all together today

Sally - I'll look for you on the cruise, I'm counting down the days!

Barbara - my condolences, you have the right idea - make EVERY minute count :angel:

Tommy O - congratulations! You're post had my eyes watering! I hope one of these days I can find someone who thinks the same of me!

Donna - what can I say? Courage you've got, inspiration you are indeed!

Carol - my son requires resource/special ed classes.. we parents would be lost without your help! Great smile & voice? How neat that you're noticed in this way, you must be radiant!

other Texas friends - big HOWDY to 'ya!

It's 11 PM Houston time, just sitting here contemplating where the summer went? Can't believe it's time for school to go back in session. Not just that, where did the Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr, etc GO? I'll be 35 in another week and a half, it's brought me to a lot of introspection.... Oh well, it's one more year a few more gray hairs!

All the best,

Karla

That was very nice and sweet pnut. I am leaving the hotel going to get my first fill so I do hope everything goes well. I'm a little nervous but not bad. I know I need this to bump things up. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Susan,

Just had to stop in to say - LOVE the new avatar!

What's everybody else up to this warm weekend? Just household chores here, lots of boring stuff.

HUGS to all,

Karla

Hey P'Nut and everyone else,

It's 11:25pm here in Greece and I was just having a final flick around before taking myself off to bed. It's still hot here and the air con is still on. Hubby is on the couch with his laptop and the TV has an H.G Wells thingy showing.

I've had a busy day cleaning after we came back from vacation and yet still found time to chat here with some LBT buddies.

I love this place because there is both the support and the friendship that I need to help me get through this...you guys are all terrific and I'm so happy I found LBT.

Have a great day whatever you are doing ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I agree Ali, this is a great site for support and friendship. This weekend I did a lot of walking ......in the mall. Saturday was an all day get it together for school shopping day. I hope I walked off as much weight as money I had to spend. he he he e