Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor Day Gift Exchange Thank You Thread

Hello All,

The shopping has begun!! I have already gotten some pm's saying their gifts are on the way! You people are right on top of things!!

Please post pictures of your gifts and Thank-You's here on this thread. I will have one of the moderators close the other thread.

Remember every one wants to be acknowledged so please don't forget to post a thank you. No one wants to feel left out. We LOVE pictures as well, so if it's possible, try to post a photo. If any one needs help resizing or attaching a photo let me know and I'll help.

Good luck and happpy Labor Day!

dum de dumm dummm......

Hmmmmmm, I'm goin' shoppin tomorrow night for my Workin' Stiff!!! Since I am mailing something to one of the Southern States (hint hint hint) from Canuck Land, I want to get it in the mail before mid August.

Now if I only knew what she (or he!!!) would like.....

....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I shopped/packed it up yesterday. Now I just have to get my bad self to the post office. Since I will be out of town Aug 31 until after Labor Day, I want to get my Sam's stuff on its way....don't want it to be late!

where's it goin' Carlene? Huh..Huh...??? Hmmm????? up north per chance???? LOL

I got mine all bought last night....soooo excited about the stuff I bought for my working stiff. I'll package it up this wknd to send next week!

ahahah yankee land.....do you know that the british call all americans yanks?? I was like what?! ...I ain't no damn yankee!! hehe...I'm going for an online gift so I don't have to pack and ship from here...now to find a nice inventive online gift!

My gift should be on it's way. I got a shipping confirmation this morning from the company I ordered it from! It's headed SE of here!

Mine also shipped out today. It says that it will arrive on the 18th. Mine is going past the mason dixie line as well....ya'll!

Oh my gosh. I got my package today and it took me so long to go thru it all. It started with the most awesome letter from my SWS. She put so much time and thought and care into that letter, I had to read it again and again. The gifts she sent were so special. It seems that we share a love for photography too! I'll list the gifts now and probably wont post pictures because of the type of gifts I got. Ok, here we go...

A canister of Crystal Light, pineapple Orange

A package of Lipton's Iced Tea to Go (measured for bottled Water, how cool!)

Two packages of little fudge Cookies, made with healthy stuff.

(I have to admit to letting my family scarf these. One bite of a cookie and I'd be toast. But they sure did enjoy them on my behalf!)

A canvas bag with a quilt pattern on the front and back, in colors that I adore! This bag will be with me on every photography outting! It's perfect for all my reference books and journals!

The Change-Your-Life Quote Book by Allen Klein (awesome quotes! can't put this down!) My favorite quote so far: The tragedy of man is what dies in himself while he still lives. And my second favorite: When skating on thin ice, you might as well tap dance! *laughs* Love that one!

Rising Venus, a book of poems by Kelly Cherry. I haven't had time to read a lot of this yet, but just flipping through the pages I have been touched by the depth of the authors words. I look forward to a quiet morning, a cup of coffee and this book.

A darling little book, hard bound, about 4 inches square, entitled What I Ate. It has pages for journaling what I ate, favorite restaurants, etc. There are pages with funny quotes, like, 'food is an important part of a balanced diet' *laughs* Great book!

And last, but certainly not least, four very lovely note cards with historical pictures of Savannah, Georgia on the front, complete with envelopes.. which will never be used because I'm not giving these up! I love them!

So yes, my Secret Working Stiff is in Georgia. She is a lovely woman with a talented and gifted spirit. She is a writer and also enjoys photography. She loves historical photography and supports local artists by hanging their work in her home. (Maybe I'll get her to hang one of mine someday.) She enjoys travelling and Broadway. She has really touched my heart with her gifts, but her letter to me showed me what a caring, thoughtful, and very interesting person she is. So, JoyceGA, I send you big hugs and thank yous. What a truly wonderful package. I only hope I can do as well for my SWS. Eeep.. I'd better get shopping! :Banane27:

So yes, my Secret Working Stiff is in Georgia. She is a lovely woman with a talented and gifted spirit. She is a writer and also enjoys photography. She loves historical photography and supports local artists by hanging their work in her home. (Maybe I'll get her to hang one of mine someday.) She enjoys travelling and Broadway. She has really touched my heart with her gifts, but her letter to me showed me what a caring, thoughtful, and very interesting person she is. So, JoyceGA, I send you big hugs and thank yous. What a truly wonderful package. I only hope I can do as well for my SWS. Eeep.. I'd better get shopping! :Banane27:

PhotoNut, I'm saving a wall for your photography.

I still can't believe that a package I mailed Thursday afternoon, arrived Saturday -- cross country!! I can't usually get a letter to Savannah that fast -- seems it has to go through Atlanta first.

This was so much fun to do. I can't wait for the next holiday!!!

BTW, I walked out of my clothes hauling the trash to the curb Thursday. My v-neck t-shirt keep falling off my shoulder, then my boobs popped out of my bra, and finally, my pants started falling down. It was an interesting dance to the curb at 7am. Thank God school doesn’t start till next week, or I would have given all the buses heading to the primary school quite an education.

I knew my pants were loose, and I needed to buy new ones. I just hadn’t measured myself to know what size to get. Seems I’ve dropped 3 sizes. Don’t applaud – I’m not a size 8. The fun part was digging through my bra drawer hunting for something for the girls. I went from a 54DD to a 48D. I’m the size I was when I turned 40. Of course, I still weighed less then, but I plan to revisit that number by December.

Hurry Christmas!! PhotoNut and I will be 50 and can wear red hats, dance in the streets and play kazoos. OK, I already do that.

Hurry Christmas!! PhotoNut and I will be 50 and can wear red hats, dance in the streets and play kazoos. OK, I already do that.

*gasps* You too??!! LOL!!

I want to thank Laura W from California for my Labor Day Gift Exchange Gift. Yes, she is really on the ball. She sent me a hand made scarf (very soft and fuzzy) and a pair of earrings. Thank you Laura.

post-206123-1381313390573_thumb.jpg