Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon Did You Get A Date?

Hello everyone! So I have met all of my pre-op obligation (lab work, EKG, echo, US, chest X-ray, upper GI, Esophageal manometry, 2 support group meeting all that good stuff) only thing I have left is I have 2 lbs left to meet the 10% requirement. I have an appt on 4/4 for weigh in and she said we then could discuss a date. So my question is how soon was you date? Did you start liquid then, or did you have some time? I know it all depends on scheduling, but does this mean I could have an April date? I am getting VERY EXCITED!

I guess like you said it depends on your surgeon's schedule,how busy he/she will be for the month. After I completed ll the requirements they called me in about a month later. Good luck!! :)

I was approved in December, and wanted to have my surgery in December before the end of the year for insurance reasons. The paperwork was submitted and two days later I was approved! I didn't even have two weeks before surgery since they were squeezing me in before the end of the year. I didn't have a liquid diet at all (surgeons are all different on these things) but I had to be very low fat and vegetarian. That dashed my birthday plans of all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse dinner, but it was so worth it!

I would say it just depends on your surgeon's schedule and your surgery coordinator. I imagine some are busier than others and your experience will depend on an opening.

I am sure my wait time would have been more if they weren't trying to accommodate my surgery before the end of the year.

It took about less than a week to get approved then my office scheduled me the next available slot which was 4/10/12! It really depends on your surgeons availability once you get approved. I hope you get approved soon and get a April date. Good luck :)

It depends on your insurance and your surgeon. Some surgeons tentatively schedule your surgery before approval from insurance and some wait until after your insurance approval. I completed my program on Feb 29 and am having surgery April 4. The surgery coordinator told me it's usually 4-6 weeks after your program. However, that's just my experience. Good luck!! Hang in there!

I first saw the doctor on 3/5 and surgery is scheduled for May 3rd still have to see a few doctors before the surgery but the date is set and I can hardly wait.

Ok so everything went well at my weigh in. The dietician said they will now submit it to Blue Cross. Once they get an approval they will call me to schedule!! She said probably the middle of May!

Well that was quick! Mass General called me the very next morning and scheduled me for May 16th Woo hoo!

Wow! That was fast. Congrats!!!!! :D

My date was about 5 weeks out. It would have been about 3 normally, but my insurance required my procedure be done at a place my surgeon only works out of once a month so I had to wait for the next opening. As you've since found out, BCBS tends to be pretty quick with their approvals. Definitely one of the fastest I've dealt with (professionally and as a customer).

Yeah it was really quick. Well we are still waiting on approval from the insurance but she didn't see how there would be any issues. All of my pre-op requirements are complete. I am just happy I have a date!

Yes they are really quick! I am a Medical biller and don't have any complaints about them :D

After informing my kaiser I hit the 2 lb goal weight my coordinator called and set the appointment to meet with my surgeon in 3 weeks. Met with him and he scheduled my date exactly one week later. So approx a month.