Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 28! The Big Day!

Hello, hello, hello!!

Ok so i havent been on this site for too long, however I have been a active reader.

This is my first offical post!

I wanted to share that I am having surgery, one week from today on Wed 3/28/12

I will be having surgery in the Domincan Republic with Dr. Luis Betances.

I live in New York, however I am self pay and decided to come to my home country where I can be babies and taken care of by my amazing parents.

So the day has finally come. I have not been on this surgery journey for too long.

I literally began researching and making decision in January.

My best friend is having her surgery, and she has been on this track for a few years.

I will admit-- i was against the surgery at first.

However, GOD had different plans for me than i had for myself--and He began opening doors that I was not even knocking!!

And here I am today- ready! I am soo ready!!

Hi there!! I'm also having surgery on March 28. My journey has also been short, having started my research in late Jan. I, too, never thought i would have wls, but yes, God had other plans for me as well!! :-D sounds like our stories have a lot in common! I'm in Maryland and will be having my surgery in Maryland. Will be thinking of you and praying for you on Wednesday as I go in for surgery myself!!!

Congrats on your decision and it will be so worth it at the end and you won't regret any minute. Best of luck to you :)

How exciting!!! Best of luck and know that you are in my prayers also!!

Thanks!! I am so excited I can't wait!

Thanks!!

Baby pink please let us know how you are feeling. I didn't know they had that surgery in DR. I am also Dominican and live in New York, would love to hear the process.

@D1NOnlysexylady

I am feeling great! No problems or pain at all! Thank God!!

And YES surgery in the motherland DR

I had surgery with Dr Luis Betances in Santo Domingo

I was operated in Cedimat

It was a great experience. His staff is so helpful and always available

I heard about him through my aunt, who had surgery in Nov.

It was a smooth transaction. For me the little inconvince, was that I am from Santiago which is a bit far from the Capital

But other then that! Smooth sailing, many times I couldn't believe how easy it was.

I arrived in DR on 3/11 and had surgery 3/28. I did all my pre testing and all that within the first few days arriving and having my consultation

I am probably going to stay for about 2 more weeks, until I'm on food and off liquids!

I have my 1 week check up on Tues 4/3!!

Wow that's great how much weight have you lost? How much was it in American money? How much did you weigh before surgery?

I weigh in on Tues, so I don't know how much or if I've lost yet. My stomach is a bit bloated still from surgery

I paid $11,000 for the surgery, including hopsital stay. I did all my pre testing here, because I don't have insurance in the states, and everything came to about $900. So I guess $12000 in total total--not including flight

Wow!!! That's pretty steep, but the important thing is your health?