Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Musharooni...that is wonderful that you got to go to back to school night. I did that on Tuesday. My daughter is a Freshman this year. Yikes!!! That sure happened fast. I am just dropping in to check in and let you all know that I am doing well. I will be helping my mom in the garden tomorrow as well as volunteering at our avian vets office. She also does avian rescue so we go and clean cages, feed, Water and give some attention to the birds. I also have never check to see if I am in ketosis. I do know that my labs came back good except for my Iron saturation level and I also have a high copper level that my PCP is talking to Endocrinology about. I also have hair that is kinky in places (only certain strands, not my whole head) and that is also a sign of too much copper in your system. I hope to find out what is going on with that. I know Wilson's Disease is indicated by too much copper, but I don't have any of the other symptoms, so I really don't think it is that. Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a cause of high copper levels. Now this one I am concerned about as my father passed away from complications of RA. Once I know what is going on, I'll post and let you all know. I feel fine, so it is a real mystery. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Well it's been 4 mths since surgery and I feel great. Went from a size 18 to a 10 woohoo. This new me is great. My energy is way up. I'm very upbeat. I feel 20 years younger. I will never get tired of the compliments from friends and co workers. I have even helped a new friend to decide on this surgery for her self. I have dropped a total (drum roll) 63 lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yes I'm bragging. My husband actually called me skinny. This was the best thing that I have ever done besides my husband and having my child.

We are pulling for each other and as we each post information regarding our individual journey it helps to encourage everyone. There are days for me when my weight seems to want to sit and not move. During these days I regroup and review what I eaten or how I have not eaten enough. I find self inventory is best and to move at the pace, which is best for me. To date from 4/24/2012 God has blessed me to lose 50lbs and one friend remarked to me you are melting, which made me feel so happy to no longer be the largest female in my church family and being able to stand in the choir without me feet and legs hurting.

I say to God be the Glory for helping each us and allowing us a second chance to choose to become healthy. ladies and gentlemen we are blessed!

Good morning and congratulations to everyone! We are all winners! It does feel good to be called skinny. I use to be the biggest in my friends circle. So happy to share that I have gone from 24/26 to 16/18. One of my friends so me Friday night and asked me "where are you?" She said that I have gotten so small. Coming from that particular friend made me feel soooooooo good! I have 8 lbs to go to be in onederland. Great! So very happy to report that my blood pressure is finally considered normal. All my labs came back great. My Vitamin D count went from 7 to 24, not great but much better. Overall everything is really good. Yesterday marked 4 months since my surgery and I am down 50 lbs. Lots of stalling but not complaining. April sleevers rock!

Hi and good morning to you and thanks for your post and like you i have been blessed to lose 50 pounds, but I have gone from size 30/32 to 26/28 and Iam slowly on the way to 22/24. I recently tried on a pair of slacks that I had not worn since 2007, which were size 26 and to my surprise the slacks are beginning to be baggey. I am finding old clothes that were to small in the past that are now almost to big. My husband who so supportive presented me with somr mad money and politely said, " Here go and buy you some britches". He is quite down to earth and so proud of my weight loss to the point each time I ask him how do I look he now says you look pretty. In the past he would compliment me and and say you look nice, but I here pretty all of the time even when I don't ask how I look. He will say Baby you look pretty today. I thank God for this time in my life and for change in all our lives who have choosen to select to have the Vertical Sleeve!

Morning everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We finally go some rain!!! I am hoping we get more, but I was so glad to see rain of any kind this weekend. What a blessing. Another blessing is I have met my Sept. 1 goal early. I am 258 as of this morning. WooHoo!!! I love my sleeve! Here is to all of us having a wonderful week. :)

Today was a milestone for me; I stepped on our scale at work (which is calibrated every month) after lunch, and the number came up: 99.7kg. I stepped off and zeroed the scale twice to recheck.

I haven't been under 100kg in many, many years. This is a "big thing".

In other areas of my life....finally coming to (hopefully!) the end of our immigration journey to bring my Canadian husband down to the US so we can actually live together. The last time I saw him was when he came down to stay with me for my surgery in April. And this next week, I'm heading up to go with him to his immigration interview!! I'm looking forward to flying without a seatbelt extender...and maybe pleasantly surprising my dear hubby with the "improved" me :D

Hi all my VST April friends

My weight loss has been slowing wayyy down. I started off at 4 pounds per week and now I am averaging about 2.5. I am very happy with all that I have achieved. I have had a few stalls but 79 lbs in 4 months is great

Hi all my VST April friends

My weight loss has been slowing wayyy down. I started off at 4 pounds per week and now I am averaging about 2.5. I am very happy with all that I have achieved. I have had a few stalls but 79 lbs in 4 months is great

79# is great! Congrats!!!

I'm slowed down even more than you ...to about 1.6 per week now!

Sleeved 4/23 - Slow loss. Not much exercise. Good Protein and Fluid intake. Lost lots of inches. Feeling good. Need to get back to basics again and keep journal. Overall, very happy with sleeve and know I will eventually get to goal!! And very grateful for this forum as always!

I am stalling really bad. If I lose 2-3 lbs, I gain it right back. Overall I'm still very please with the sleeve. Still a little uncomfortable at cookouts when everyone is pigging out and I'm picking over my food. Of course you have that nosey aunt that calls you out, why are you not eating? Are you not hungry? Are you afraid you gonna get fat again? Wow!

I havent been on in a while... I had a great NSV yesterday!! Well, I went to the Gap to buy a new pair of jeans, and when I tried on the 16 thinking it would fit or be just slightly snug.. it was TOO big!! woooooooooo hooooooo! So I bought the size 14.. I couldn't believe it! And they look darn good on me too! <3

I only lost 1 lb in the last month, and I am OK with that. I haven't been getting my Proteins in and I found myself picking here and there. I have been going to the gym 2-3 times per week, but now look to increase that now that my little boy is back in school. I am going to join a local kickboxing gym to change things up a bit.

Feeling great... next goal is ONEDERland!

I´ve been stalled as well, but believe that is self induced. I am down from a 22-24 to a 16-18 so am happy about that!! We finally got our treadmill fixed so no more excuses there. I´ve been doing aerobics in the pool on the weekends but a terrible lazy ass during the week.

Now that summer is officially over maybe I´ll be more inclined to stay on track. I want to thank everybody here for your support!!!

15 weeks post-op and FINALLY I broke through my August stall and weighed in below 200. 199.7 this morning! That's 59.9 pounds gone!!

Love seeing everyone's continued success!

Hi April Sleevers!!

Checking in again. April 24 here :-)

I have now dropped 70 pounds, I'm sooo happy!

I have the last 17 pounds to go for my final goal weight of 145. This has been the best thing I ever did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using VST