Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

I don't count carbs and try to eat Protein at every meal. Drs plan is eating 3x a day. 3 oz protein and 1 oz veggie or fruit. I can't eat that much yet so my day is usually:

Egg and ham (2 oz)

Soy shake

tuna salad (2 oz)

Soy shake

Fish filet (2 oz)

If I'm feeling nauseous I add in a few crackers with my tuna salad or cauliflower with my dinner. Some days I just can't stomach straight protein.

I count calories & Protein and strictly limit my carb intake. I feel like I eat A LOT--I don't mean large quantities, but many times per day. That's the only way I can get my protein in and hit or come close to my calorie requirement.

50 lbs GONE as of this morning! yay!

I had a rough couple of food days ... I didn't get enough Protein and I ate too many carbs. Will focus on getting in a shake and sticking to Proteins today. I am very happy with my weight loss thus far and look forward to continued losing!

I started this journey at a size 22/24 and yesterday I wore a 16 jeans! they were a little snug but I could breathe and they buttoned!

This week has been such a great week for me and I believe for all of us because we are all moving on in this new adventure. I am yet losing weight and after weighing yesterday I have lost another 3 pounds Wow! To everyone who encouraged me and offered pointers on how to increase my Protein intake I say Thank You All. drinking the Protein Shakes in between my meals really help me !

25053279.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Well, I am almost to my next goal of 269. This morning I was 273.5, so I am getting there. I go on August 2nd for my second post-op visit. I hope I can make my next goal by then. Sad part is, their scale always weights me more than my home scale and I have a really good home scale. When I use the one that we have at work (the old kind with the weights on it), I am within one pound of my home weight, but that dang huge digital scale my doc has can be more than 5 pounds difference :( Oh well. I am sticking with my home scale as this is what I have been using for the past 5 years and that is what I count as my highest weight, etc.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and were cooler than we are here in Missouri!

I am battling these last two pounds to get to ONEDERLAND.

So far I have been feeling good and do not regret my decision to have the surgery. Eating still presents some challenges, some things my sleeve cannot tolerate. I hate finding that out a few bites in...that it will not work out...and then having to feel uncomfortable until the offending item is digested. For awhile I was having a really hard time with solid Protein for dinners, had many evenings of vomiting. I switched to easy to digest/soft foods for evening and that helped. I have a nice solid protein at lunch and that works well. Fish is my #1 food right now, it always goes down easy and so I have been enjoying lots of ceviche and shrimp cockail, scallops, talapia, etc.

I go back and forth with carbs. I had company for two weeks, and the crackers and chips found their way back into my cupboards. I have cleaned them out and working to get back to my under 40 carbs per day. Hopefully that will kick in soon so I can get into the 100's.

I have stayed the same for about 3 weeks...hoping this stall breaks soon. I have gone astray as far as eating Protein, because it does fill you up too much...I am trying to get back to it. I ate turkey burger for lunch, plain, with about two bites of lettuce with a little ranch. I need to get back to my taco salads...:) They were good. The Protein Shakes had started making me sick to my stomach, and I have read other people have the same problem. They used to not bother me. So I have not been drinking those. I have drank skim milk for protein, and milk can be heavy. I am eating small amounts of salad...love, love, and just a piece or so of meat. I have tried Cereal for breakfast...it does not fill me up like protein does...which I welcome that every once in a while. Sometimes I feel I am eating too much, and then I start measuring again and realize it is only 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food...if it is protein, it is less...still loving my sleeve, but want to rock it a little harder so I can get to one-derland. I feel I could do it in a month if I really set my mind to it...:)

Congratulations to everybody on the weight loss. It looks like we are mostly losing the same...I haven't lost 50 yet, but I am close to it.

kiki - 3 week stall! Ugh!

I've been plugging right along. Every day the scale scoots down just a bit. From surgery (4/10) I'm down 52 pounds to 172. Finally I weigh less than my husband!! I can feel bones I have never felt before. On a funny note (boys, cover your eyes) when I lie on my back, my boobs have shrunk and tend to slide to the sides, but I now have my rib cage poking up, that looks like low boobs. Well, can't have everything, right?! :rolleyes: At least my ribs are my highest part when I'm on my back instead of a tummy mountain.

Shopping has been weird. I've nearly shrunk past all of the clothes I had that were too small. I've picked up a few things at Target but I'm not sure what size to buy. And the selection! Isn't it strange to be able to shop the whole department?! Before, it was "Well, this fits, I guess I'll take it." Now I can hardly decide what to buy because everything fits. Amazing.

With food, I'm still sticking to soft Protein. I've got years to eat chicken and all that. I want to eat easy food that I know will make me feel good. Good luck everyone - we're doing great!!

Happy Monday everyone! Happy to report I am only 6 pounds away from my half way mark. Weighed in this morning at 216.6. Can't believe I'm down 60 pounds since surgery! Getting closer and closer to onederland too, can't wait til the scale hits 199.

Well I went in for my 3 mos check up on Friday! I've started having major acid reflux and burning in my stomach so they had me do an xray and barium swallow and they think my sleeve is narrowing. So now I'm scheduled to have an EGD on the 10th. I'm supposed to start a new medicine too, but my prescription plan won't cover it so they are contacting the doctor to see if he has an alternate? Hoping come the 10th, the new medicine will have done the trick or if I have to do the EGD then I hope it comes back with everything A-Okay.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well! Looks like most of us are right in the 50+ pound range since surgery. Can't wait to see everyones progress as the weeks go on! Does anyone else have about 70-75 pounds to go at this point?

Learned tonight while playing coed softball, I might be 52.5 pounds lighter, but I can still block a base/home plate like no body's business. Guy tried to come home got the tag down and he slid into me and took me down with him and I never lost the ball! Although, falling on my tummy hurt a little more than usual because there is less padding to absorb the fall. 3 months out and loving life!

How is everyone doing with their weightloss journey?

April 24 here, 3 month Anniversary

Im now down 59 pounds. I look and feel great.

People comment every day how " skinny"

I am. Yes, just 3 months ago I was squeezing into size 16 jeans and wearing 1x shirts.

Today I can wear a size 7 jeans and a medium shirt, sometimes even a small!!

Now wearing size small scrubs!!

I can't wait to see how I will look in 3 more months at my goal weight!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

April 24 here' date=' 3 month Anniversary

I am. Yes, just 3 months ago I was squeezing into size 16 jeans and wearing 1x shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Wow... That so rocks.

April 24 here' date=' 3 month Anniversary

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Wow!!! You are doing great!