Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

So' date=' yesterday we had "early dismissal" from work. We got to leave at 3 because it was the day before a holiday. I need to run a few errands, one of which was to the mall. Not ready to buy new clothes yet, I had to try something on just to see what size jeans I could get into. Well, I am HAPPY to report, I was able to put on a size 16 (regular department) pair of jeans. They were a little snug, but they zipped!! Feels good to know that my next new purchase of jeans will not be from the plus size department! YAY!

Glad to see everyone's success![/quote']

Congrats!

I am 10 weeks out - Surgery 4/24 and it has been a bumpy ride, but in the last week I have lost almost 15 pounds. I can eat anything that I want, except Protein Shakes. It seems that I have an easier time eating than a lot folks and I am not sure that is great.

I am so glad to be 54.8 pounds down from surgery and hopeful that my current downward trend does not reverse itself too soon.

I am working out 1 hour (minimum) 5-6 days a week. I mostly do a Walk Away the Pounds video called "5 Really Big Miles" and also the Biggest Loser Calorie Knockout. I love the and they really keep me moving. Good luck to all of us April sleevers. We are all doing well. No matter where you are at with your weight loss, you are better than you ever would have been without the sleeve and that weight will never come back.

Debbie

Oh also, I have gone from wearing a size 26/28 or 30/32 to wearing a solid 22 and in some things I can wear a 20.

I went to the "Avenue" day before yesterday checking out the swimsuit sale - for my daughter actually - and I browsed the store to see what else was on sale and I it was mind blowing...everything looked HUGE, I felt like Alice in Wonderland..all the tops looked tent size, the maxi dresses were extremely long - maybe you have to be 6 feet tall to wear them and I'm only 5 feet tall....I tried on one little shrug in an 18 and it was too big...weird I walked out of there and felt a little EMO....after all these years of the Avenue being a favorite store, I realized I will never shop there again. I am happy about it, don't get me wrong...but it was like saying goodbye to an old friend...

Last summer I was almost 280 pounds....now I'm headed for Onederland...this was the best decision I ever made for myself!!! Sleeved 4/6/12.

Yesterday was a great for me and I enjoyed being with my church family celebrating the 4th of July. I was so proud because my choice of foods was healthy and I was not tempted to eat the Desserts. I also noticed that I am able to bend down easier than before my surgery. Wow, I thank .God for this new opportunity. All the discomfort has been worth the effort. I only want to be healthy as in the words of my wonderful and supportive husband.

25053279.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Another hotter than heck day here in Missouri, but I have a lot to Celebrate. I have entered the 270's. I am so excited. I still can only eat very small amounts or I feel yucky. My free fluids have increased to a being able to get down a full 20 oz. bottle of low calorie Gatorade. Plain Water still does not sit very well in my sleeve. I used to LOVE Water, but now, not so much. Several times I have gone back to eating Soups and really soft foods. I can handle some new things that I could not before like I ate some really chopped up coleslaw salad. Man, did that taste good. I could not eat much, about 3 tablespoons in all and it took me a good 1/2 hour, but it was so nice to crunch into any type of salad. I was thrilled. As long as I stick to really well chewed, not dry foods, I seem to do ok. I have to admit though, I am a bit scared to advance my food much beyond what I know already works. I just don't want to feel sick.

Congrats to all of our losses. Keep cool everyone.

Another hotter than heck day here in Missouri, but I have a lot to Celebrate. I have entered the 270's. I am so excited. I still can only eat very small amounts or I feel yucky. My free fluids have increased to a being able to get down a full 20 oz. bottle of low calorie Gatorade. Plain Water still does not sit very well in my sleeve. I used to LOVE Water, but now, not so much. Several times I have gone back to eating Soups and really soft foods. I can handle some new things that I could not before like I ate some really chopped up coleslaw salad. Man, did that taste good. I could not eat much, about 3 tablespoons in all and it took me a good 1/2 hour, but it was so nice to crunch into any type of salad. I was thrilled. As long as I stick to really well chewed, not dry foods, I seem to do ok. I have to admit though, I am a bit scared to advance my food much beyond what I know already works. I just don't want to feel sick.

Congrats to all of our losses. Keep cool everyone.

I went on a Tomato binge...I put tomatoes in everything. Rolled up turkey slices, a little lettuce with tomatoes sliced in my food processor (which makes them real thin), something about the tomatoes really fill you up. I have heard other people talk about watermelon, and I haven't tried that yet, but I bet it is the same effect as tomatoes. I have had a couple of grapes. Those weren't too bad. Don't really like bananas with my sleeve. I always hated water, now I love water...especially if it is soured with some lemon...I think I am right at 40 pounds lost, and my three month mark is next Tuesday. My 3-month dr visit is on the 16th. I wanted to be at 50 by then, but I am not so sure I am going to make that...but, I am not disappointed in what I have lost. And this two-week stall could throw off ten pounds by then. Who knows? I just wanted to congratulate you on your 89 pound loss...and say thanks for the encouraging words.

I haven't checked in awhile. I have been doing pretty good. My food choices have not been the greatest this week. I have been selling Fireworks as a fundraiser for our local track team for a week. I still did lose; just a lot slower than usual.

I am down 52.8 pounds since I started and 37.3 since surgery. I went into the Avenue store and bought a pair of size 22 jeans and now feel like I have to go back and buy a smaller size. I don't want to keep buying so I am thinking of keeping my "tent" looking outfits for a little bit longer

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Down 43 lbs.. yay! Feeling great. I recently took a picture of my son and I and cropped it next to the pic of me on the day of surgery.. and WOW what a difference. it really made me see the difference. I have a new bff, the elliptical. I try and get on it 3 times a week, and it gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. The first time I stepped on it I couldn't last 7 minutes.. and now I get on for 3 miles in 37 minutes... LOVE it!

I have gotten alot of clothes from my aunt who dropped some weight (no surg for her) so I have gone from wearing 22 and 24's to some 16's and comfy in 18's. I even broke down and bought new scrubs for work because my 2x scrubs were looking ridiculous on me. I got LG sized ones, and they are a *little* snug so i'm gonna wait another week or so and try em again. I'm gonna have to look a little silly in my 2x scrubs for a little while longer.

The Sleeve is still, next to becoming a mom & a wife, the best thing I ever did for myself.

Sleeved 4-24-12 down 75 pounds!

Everyone is doing so great which is wonderful!! I, on the other hand, am a little different. I have lost a total of 30 pounds since sleeve on 4/23. I was down more than that, but gained 3 pounds last week. I am mostly to blame as I have made poor food choices and am not exercising, but geez I am still eating so much less than before. I did join the local health club and will start going this coming week. I am hoping that is going to give me the kick in the butt that I need. I've got to get on the right track again. The sleeve is a tool not the miracle answer.

I'll be 3 months out on the 16th, and still having a really tough time with food. I can have the exact same food three different times, and get 3 different reactions. I still have painful, uncontrollable bright-yellow diarrhea at least once a day, which appears to have no solution. I'm really tired of vomiting, feeling generally ill, etc. I've lost 52lbs since surgery, but have plateaued for the last 10 days, which seems to be the norm with when my period shows up.

This week was frustrating - I saw someone I haven't seen in a while, and they said: "I thought I heard you had weight loss surgery, but I guess that was just a rumor, eh?" I changed the subject, but felt dejected the rest of the day. No one can see any loss yet - and I know it takes a while with us big gals for the loss to visually register, but damn! I already have saggy skin, I feel I look worse now than I did preop, my skin looks like wax melting in the sun.

*sigh*

I'm glad the rest of ya'll are doing so well. Keep up the good work!

How has everyone been? I kno you all missed my ass lol

Feel free to drop a line in my inbox. I'm always here to help with the journey. Your motivation is my motivation and Vis versa

I'll be 3 months out on the 16th' date=' and still having a really tough time with food. I can have the exact same food three different times, and get 3 different reactions. I still have painful, uncontrollable bright-yellow diarrhea at least once a day, which appears to have no solution. I'm really tired of vomiting, feeling generally ill, etc. I've lost 52lbs since surgery, but have plateaued for the last 10 days, which seems to be the norm with when my period shows up.

This week was frustrating - I saw someone I haven't seen in a while, and they said: "I thought I heard you had weight loss surgery, but I guess that was just a rumor, eh?" I changed the subject, but felt dejected the rest of the day. No one can see any loss yet - and I know it takes a while with us big gals for the loss to visually register, but damn! I already have saggy skin, I feel I look worse now than I did preop, my skin looks like wax melting in the sun.

*sigh*

I'm glad the rest of ya'll are doing so well. Keep up the good work![/quote']

52 pounds is great! I couldn't lose 52#s in 3 mos prior to surgery :). As for the diarrhea if you are drinking whey protien or whey isolate Protein you should try switching to a soy based shake and see if it makes a difference - I get the same reaction if I eat or drink anything with whey or milk Protein. It's horrible and I was running to the bathroom constantly at work, while shopping or hoping I could make the drive home without any accidents. Since doing the soy I have been fine only one episode and I think that was from trying something way too greasy and spicy for my sleeve to handle. We are about even on weight loss - I hit 3 mos Friday and am at about 50# right now too. Keep up the good work!