Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

The number of pounds lost is definitely interesting to hear, but a total body percentage is probably more meaningful. I've only lost 22 pounds, but that's 10% of my body weight from surgery day. Whoo hooo!

ilikenu - I complained and moaned so much those first three post-op weeks. liquids? ! For three weeks?! But I want food!! Well, I've been allowed soft food for the past week and let me tell you, it's not all I thought it would be. I think I was imagining the feeling I used to get when I ate a huge meal and that feeling is gone, baby gone. It's nearly impossible to get the 80 grams of Protein a day that my Nut wants me to have, and I feel like eating is more of a chore. Those Protein Shakes you could just sip, sip all day. Now I have to remember to stop drinking, wait 30 minutes, find something smushy and spend the next 20 minutes eating an ounce of food, only to wait 45 minutes for another drink. I know things will get better, but it's definitely not as easy as I had hoped.

BUT - refer to that first paragraph! There is 10% less of me than there was four weeks ago!

I am exactly three weeks out, and tomorrow I start soft foods. I love the Protein Shakes and how easily I get in my Protein, so I'm worried that I will gain weight when I transition to food. I've just started getting a little bit hungry, but what will happen when I get real food tomorrow? I'm really worried :

You will probably start losing more weight...that's what happened to me. Once I started eating a little more, the weight started coming off.

Linkybo - Only 22 pounds? How great is that? Could you imagine losing 22 pounds in four weeks pre-sleeve? Anyway, I have a bad habit of saying "only" too...and then I have to remember, 20-anything in four weeks is truly awesome!!!!!

I think we are all on schedule for weight loss.

Oh, I said the ONLY word! 22 pounds is awesome, especially since I probably would have gained a few over the past month if I was eating like before.

It's just when people start saying "I lost 40 pounds the first month," 22 doesn't sound like much but it's all about how much you have to lose and where you are starting.

Since were all april sleevers heres my question.how many pounds did u loose 2 weeks post op? I would really like to see if their are big differences. I lost 15lbs.' date=' anyone else............[/quote']

2 weeks out I was down 20#s from surgery weight. 10 #s for week one and two each week. Week 3 I lost 5 bringing total to 25 waiting to see what my 1 month weigh in will be.

Sleeved the 24th, current weight as of yesterday is 287.6 (-30) since surgery (-41) since pre-op diet.

Re: Protein Shakes. I have been trying them and cannot stand them. I was sleeved the 24th and went for my 2 week appt yesterday. Dr put me in the hospital overnight because I was dehydrated. I assume that will mean a weight gain because now my wedding ring, which was loose, is a little tighter on me. Oh well, I feel so good today compared to the last 5 days.

Re: Protein shakes. I have been trying them and cannot stand them. I was sleeved the 24th and went for my 2 week appt yesterday. Dr put me in the hospital overnight because I was dehydrated. I assume that will mean a weight gain because now my wedding ring' date=' which was loose, is a little tighter on me. Oh well, I feel so good today compared to the last 5 days.[/quote']

Hey Isabel'sgma! We have talked before.....we were sleeved the same day. I'm so glad to hear you're doing ok. So was the dehydration what was making your heartrate fall?

I was sleeved 4/24 so it was 2 weeks today. I started at 273. Day of surgery 261. Today 246. So 27 lbs........yay me! I was starting to get a little disappointed because it seemed like it just wasn't moving but when you look at the whole picture it's pretty impressive!

Have anyone experienced a change in your breath? My sister told me that my breath has a strong metallic smell that was definitely not there before surgery. Very embarrassed to be walking around with stank breath! LOL

Have anyone experienced a change in your breath? My sister told me that my breath has a strong metallic smell that was definitely not there before surgery. Very embarrassed to be walking around with stank breath! LOL

Could it be some of your Vitamins? Maybe Iron or Calcium? I know the Calcium gives me an awful taste.

Hey Isabel'sgma! We have talked before.....we were sleeved the same day. I'm so glad to hear you're doing ok. So was the dehydration what was making your heartrate fall?

Yes, I remember talking to you before. We think that was the cause, I am to keep an eye on my BP and pulse and I go back to see him on Thursday. It is nice to see you are doing well also.

Out of curiosity, what are you eating? Dr gave me some vague ideas like moist meats, no fruits with seeds or skin and no veggies, but no real ideas of what to eat. I posted on the post-op page hoping for some ideas.

Yes' date=' I remember talking to you before. We think that was the cause, I am to keep an eye on my BP and pulse and I go back to see him on Thursday. It is nice to see you are doing well also.

Out of curiosity, what are you eating? Dr gave me some vague ideas like moist meats, no fruits with seeds or skin and no veggies, but no real ideas of what to eat. I posted on the post-op page hoping for some ideas.[/quote']

I am so glad they were able to pinpoint what was causing your problems! I was worried about you. I have been doing great. Its unbelievable actually. I never expected to feel this good.

I am still on liquids until tomorrow. I have an appointment with the nutritionist tomorrow. Yay! I can't wait to find out. From what I understand its a soft/mushy foods or anything you can smash with a fork. Like eggs, mashed potatoes, pudding, yogurt and yes moist meats I think is on there. Oh and cheese! Yummy I love cheese! I will update you after my appointment tomorrow.

Since were all april sleevers heres my question.how many pounds did u loose 2 weeks post op? I would really like to see if their are big differences. I lost 15lbs.' date=' anyone else............[/quote']

I lost 20 lbs and gained back 3 lol