Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Have you tried getting the lactaid pills to see if they help with the lactose issue? I know they can be chewed as my mom has to do so before any dairy products. I am not sure that it is the lactose though that is bothering all of us with these dairy products as lactose usually acts up in the intestines' date=' not the stomach.

Ummmm. Interesting. I feel your pain though. And egg salad just about killed me. I tried it myself two days ago. Sent me to bed and I had to take some Zofran I was so sick from it. On the other hand, the cream of chicken Soup is fine but potato, not so good on my tummy. Mashed potatoes on the other hand feel good on ky tum. So it is a bit odd how this is all working out.

Do you like rental soup? I love Progesso' s and plan to try that in my magic bullet today. Also, I am going to get some stoffers meatloaf in gravy and blend it as well to see how that goes as it is supper moist.

I'll pick up some lactaid pills today and see if it helps and let you all know.

I did get 60 grams of Protein down in shakes yesterday. Yippie. That was a first and tomorrow I will be starting week 3 post-op.[/quote']

Hey guys! I am 1 week out as of tomorrow. Since before my surgery I have had an issue with several Protein Shakes upsetting my stomach. I believe I have found out why....thanks to the Walmart Pharmacist. LOL. It has something to do with whey Proteins vs. Whey isolates. If the protein has more isolate it seems to be a little easier on your stomach. But I have found Gas X gas strips to work wonders for the belly ache because my favorite shake is Oh Yeah banana and creme and it bloats me and gases me up. I can hear it gurgling when I start drinking it......at least it's not making me run to the bathroom......just bloated feeling but it passes soon. Thank goodness!

Sorry If I haven't posted a msg right after surgery, but I just wanted to let very one know I'm doing well... Didn't have any electronics for a few days but I do now!!!

GO APRIL SLEEVERS WE DID IT, together!

Glad to hear it!

Congrats to all the April sleeves!! Let's keep each other updated on our progress as we continue our journey together!!!

April 10th and feeling good 3 weeks post op. How did everything go for you?

Yes!! We did it!! May only good things and fewer pounds be in our future.

I started puréed foods today. So excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Started my puréed diet today, too!!! Had some puréed eggplant Parmesan Soup today that was the bomb!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

I had a gastric sleeve done April 24' date=' 2012 at Cabrini Hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana. The day of surgery I went in at 283.5. Today, Sunday, April 29, 2012 I'm at an even 267 ! I think that's a little artificial because oven been on a strict clear liquid diet since last Sunday. My guess is it will keep dropping but slow down after I start in on the mush then solid food. The good news is that prior to the procedure I was taking on the order of 70-100 units of insulin, 20mg of glimiperide, and 2 50-1000 jamumets a day to keep my glucose below 200. This morning 155 and no insulin needed! That made the whole process worth it right there![/quote']

That's amazing!! I myself was on jamunet and am ecstatic to say I'm off my meds too!!! That's is well worth it!

Congrats Jimmy and all other April sleevers!! We did it - Yea! 8 days postop here and doing good - diarrhea today and feel full with nothing in there :blink:

6 days post op and doing so well, its scary!!

Sorry If I haven't posted a msg right after surgery' date=' but I just wanted to let very one know I'm doing well... Didn't have any electronics for a few days but I do now!!!

GO APRIL SLEEVERS WE DID IT, together![/quote']

Hey, I was wondering about you! Glad to hear you are out and ok. Keep in touch!

Hey 7 days post op and head hunger is killing me. Hoping it goes away once I am back at work to much time on my hands lol I am healing really well hardly anymore pain

So what's everyone eating I am totally confused what to be eating and how much I should be eating

I'm 13 days post op and still on clear and full liquids. So, it takes a full day to try to get down 60-80 grams Protein and 64oz water/beverage. I'm hoping when I call in to the dietitian on Thursday that she will advance me to puree foods.

Woohoo! Well done Us. As one of the later April sleevers (26th) I am so glad to be on the other side. Many many thanks to those who trail-blazed the way for us and give us latecomers lots of good advice and support. What happens to our band of merry April Sleeve Buddies now? Do we move to the the Post-Sleeve section under April 2012 or do we continue communicating here?

I'm off to have my ramekin of Weight Watchers (it's thinner than normal) Tomato Soup, eaten with a teaspoon, of course:) x