Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Yes I am still sore a lot. And my incisions itch like hell

Lol I forgot about the itching - using neosporin cream to make sure it keeps the itching away so I don't scratch!

I have been flying through the process. I consulted with the surgeon on the 30th of March' date=' Support Group on the 2nd, insurance approval on April 13th, surgery scheduled on the 24th.

Struggling with what I need to buy for after surgery. I have the list posted on other forums, do any of you who have recently gone through have any suggestions?

I am excited about the future![/quote']

Isabel'sGma......I was the same way. My 1st appt was 3/19. I had a psych evaluation, a NUT visit, insurance approval and now surgery scheduled for the 24th also. I am trying to be so thorough and think of everything, but I think I'm over thinking it. As long as I have Protein, meds and Water I think I'm good. My doc says I didn't need to start my Vitamins until after my 1 week post-op appt so I don't have to worry about that. I'm so nervous! I went today to meet with the anestheseologist and pre-register and it really hit home that this was really happening. I think it all came together so quickly reality hadn't hit me until today.

Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! We can cheer one another on!

I was sleeved on the 18th. @ 830 in the am. was up walking the halls by 530 i so did not want the gas. I have a great recovery I am still not eating or drinking so much. I have a cup with Water in it that is 44 onces i have drank maybe 15 and i have had jell-o and little spagetti sause. I have to learn how to sip i have always used a straw. Good Luck everyone it is a journey that I am happy to be on cannot wait to see the final results. Only hard this is that today is my 10th anniversary and would love to have lobster.

Lobster is delicious on your 11th anniversary, too. :) Maybe even your 10 1/2 year anniversary!

Isabel'sGma......I was the same way. My 1st appt was 3/19. I had a psych evaluation, a NUT visit, insurance approval and now surgery scheduled for the 24th also. I am trying to be so thorough and think of everything, but I think I'm over thinking it. As long as I have Protein, meds and Water I think I'm good. My doc says I didn't need to start my Vitamins until after my 1 week post-op appt so I don't have to worry about that. I'm so nervous! I went today to meet with the anestheseologist and pre-register and it really hit home that this was really happening. I think it all came together so quickly reality hadn't hit me until today.

Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! We can cheer one another on!

I am so glad to find someone else here on the same day. I went through all of the posts and didn't see anyone else. I had all my pre-op today and also my Upper GI w/small bowel follow-thru. Ugg, barium is AWFUL! Monday I am having a PIC line placed and then off to surgery at 6:00 AM on Tuesday. I went to GNC for Isopure and was shocked to find several on clearance. I certainly couldn't have afforded $5 each. Got a few for $1.34 and a couple for $2.69.

My nutritionist isn't super familiar with VSG, so we are learning together. I am looking forward to having someone to cheer and support.

I am in Oregon, whereabouts are you?

I am so glad to find someone else here on the same day. I went through all of the posts and didn't see anyone else. I had all my pre-op today and also my Upper GI w/small bowel follow-thru. Ugg' date=' barium is AWFUL! Monday I am having a PIC line placed and then off to surgery at 6:00 AM on Tuesday. I went to GNC for Isopure and was shocked to find several on clearance. I certainly couldn't have afforded 5 each. Got a few for 1.34 and a couple for 2.69.

My nutritionist isn't super familiar with VSG, so we are learning together. I am looking forward to having someone to cheer and support.

I am in Oregon, whereabouts are you?[/quote']

I am in North Carolina! I am glad to find someone on here that is the same day as me too! My nutritionist is great! Thank the Lord because I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL I will absolutely be your cheerleader, if you'll be mine. I need all the help I can get. I'm not sure how supportive my husband is going to be when it's all said and done. His 1st comment when I told him I wanted to have it done was "Everybody I know that has had it done ended up in divorce." I told him I didn't know anyone that had happened to and obviously those individuals had other underlying issues. I have two boys 13 and 9 and they have always got my back but its nice to have someone to go through it with you. :)

Yes the barium is horrible....looks like they could make it taste a little better.

How does the Isopure taste??

You'll be done before me. My surgery was supposed to be at 9:30 but for whatever reason they have bumped me to 10:40. Please let me know how you're doing as soon as you can. I'm so anxious and nervous and excited all at the same time. I went in yesterday to pre-register and meet with the anestheseologist (?sp?). Everything has happened so quick it didn't really seem real until then!

Keep in touch! Keep me posted and I'll do the same! So very very nice to meet you! :)

LTarleton - Isopure is not very good. I struggled to get it down, I mixed it with flavored Vitamin Water anything and still did not sit well with me. I was only on liquids for two days so I was told to focus more on getting water in than protein... thankfully the pureed phase has been easy for me.

I was sleeved on the 18th. I came home yesterday, so I was only in the hospital for 2 days. Overall everything went smoothly. I am still struggling to get down all 64oz of Water with trying to get down my Protein. I am still in a bit of pain on my right side, which my surgeon said I would because its a deep stitch where they pulled my excess stomach out. I have not had any pain meds since yesterday so the pain is tolerable. I recently started having gas pains, anyone have any suggestions of how to cure these?

I was sleeved on the 18th. I came home yesterday' date=' so I was only in the hospital for 2 days. Overall everything went smoothly. I am still struggling to get down all 64oz of Water with trying to get down my Protein. I am still in a bit of pain on my right side, which my surgeon said I would because its a deep stitch where they pulled my excess stomach out. I have not had any pain meds since yesterday so the pain is tolerable. I recently started having gas pains, anyone have any suggestions of how to cure these?[/quote']

Walk, walk, walk. Can you take gas x strips to help?

I was sleeved on the 18th. I came home yesterday' date=' so I was only in the hospital for 2 days. Overall everything went smoothly. I am still struggling to get down all 64oz of Water with trying to get down my Protein. I am still in a bit of pain on my right side, which my surgeon said I would because its a deep stitch where they pulled my excess stomach out. I have not had any pain meds since yesterday so the pain is tolerable. I recently started having gas pains, anyone have any suggestions of how to cure these?[/quote']

Walk walk walk. I know it is difficult but try ss best you can. Good luck!!!!

I was sleeved on the 18th. @ 830 in the am. was up walking the halls by 530 i so did not want the gas. I have a great recovery I am still not eating or drinking so much. I have a cup with Water in it that is 44 onces i have drank maybe 15 and i have had jell-o and little spagetti sause. I have to learn how to sip i have always used a straw. Good Luck everyone it is a journey that I am happy to be on cannot wait to see the final results. Only hard this is that today is my 10th anniversary and would love to have lobster.

Spagetti sauce? Wow, I would think that would be very irritating as it is acidic. I was told no Tomato products for a good 6 weeks. That suprised me that they gave that to you or did you try it at home? You must have a cast Iron stomach :) Wish I could say the same. I am still on water, Protein Drinks, popcicles and that is about all my tummy will tolerate. It is a real deal to get the Protein all in and I have yet to get more than 45 to 60 mg in one day.

I was sleeved on the 16th. I had pain Monday and Tuesday. It felt like I had done 1,000 crunches. I walked a lot in the hospital and it helped tremendously. I had bad reflux on Tuesday night and was afraid this would be a nightly occurance. Thankfully it has not been back. I walked 1.5 miles Wednesday and Thursday and 3 miles today. I feel great. My scale says I'm down 10 lbs. I'm so excited. Today was the first day of pureed foods so for Breakfast I had Muscle Milk Light with 2 tbsp of Peanut Butter, lunch was a small cottage cheese and refried Beans, I had another Muscle Milk Light in the afternoon and for dinner I had a half pureed Purdue Perfect Portion chicken breast and some pureed mashed potatoes and green beans. I got in my Water intake and my 80 grams of Protein today. I'm so thankful that I've had no complications.

Nice you are on pureed foods already. My docs have me on full liquids for the first two weeks, so I won't start them until week 3. We were both sleeved on the same day. You seem to be doing super. How wonderful. I think I must have more swelling, because not only are foods not on my eating plan yet, I can't even think about eating even pureed foods. I am still only getting a few sips of Protein Drink down at a time. I am currently working on 8 oz. of a chocolate protein drink that I added 3 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter protein too so that I could increase the amount of protein I was getting. I have been working on getting it down now for over an hour and am only 1/2 way there.

Can't wait until I get up to where you are at. Keep up the good work. You are doing amazing!

Nice you are on pureed foods already. My docs have me on full liquids for the first two weeks, so I won't start them until week 3. We were both sleeved on the same day. You seem to be doing super. How wonderful. I think I must have more swelling, because not only are foods not on my eating plan yet, I can't even think about eating even pureed foods. I am still only getting a few sips of Protein drink down at a time. I am currently working on 8 oz. of a chocolate protein drink that I added 3 tablespoons of powdered Peanut Butter protein too so that I could increase the amount of protein I was getting. I have been working on getting it down now for over an hour and am only 1/2 way there.

Can't wait until I get up to where you are at. Keep up the good work. You are doing amazing!

Thanks Willow. It is funny how every doctor is different. Someone in a previous post said something about their stomach removed from the right, my doc removed it on my left side.

I'm sorry you're struggling to get down the protein. Hopefully each day will show some improvement. Let's stay in touch to keep one another motivated!

Thanks! I actually went and got some gas x strips they seem to be working so far.

Thanks! I actually went and got some gas x strips they seem to be working so far.

GREAT!!

I am in North Carolina! I am glad to find someone on here that is the same day as me too! My nutritionist is great! Thank the Lord because I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL I will absolutely be your cheerleader' date=' if you'll be mine. I need all the help I can get. I'm not sure how supportive my husband is going to be when it's all said and done. His 1st comment when I told him I wanted to have it done was "Everybody I know that has had it done ended up in divorce." I told him I didn't know anyone that had happened to and obviously those individuals had other underlying issues. I have two boys 13 and 9 and they have always got my back but its nice to have someone to go through it with you. :)

Yes the barium is horrible....looks like they could make it taste a little better.

How does the Isopure taste??

You'll be done before me. My surgery was supposed to be at 9:30 but for whatever reason they have bumped me to 10:40. Please let me know how you're doing as soon as you can. I'm so anxious and nervous and excited all at the same time. I went in yesterday to pre-register and meet with the anestheseologist (?sp?). Everything has happened so quick it didn't really seem real until then!

Keep in touch! Keep me posted and I'll do the same! So very very nice to meet you! :)[/quote']

I am on the 24 th as well I in nj I have to be at the hospital 6 am surgery scheduled for 7:30 I am on day 14 of my pre op diet and have lost 17 lbs I am so happy I am near the end of that