Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

I am scheduled April 18th! I am so nervous! Tomorrow is the big day! I am still not sure how to think about it I have so many emotions going through my mind, I'm not sure which ones to pick.

@brittcherry- pick the best emotion youve ever had and then multiply it by a billion- cause when you are 10 days out and you are back to feeling strong and healthy and in control and those pounds are coming off quick.... thats how its going to feel.... like you are on top of the world and you can do anything!!!

This surgery can be scary and a bit difficult, but I KNOW that if you have had the stregnth to make a change in your life and you chose this path.... than you can do anything!

Stregnth and courage to all those sleevers on the back half of April.... and dont forget....

SIP, SIP, SIP

WALK, WALK, WALK

Cheers,

Kat

SIP' date=' SIP, SIP

WALK, WALK, WALK

Cheers,

Kat[/quote']

LOL this is still my mantra 4 days out!

Calikat- Thanks for all the words of encouragement! I'm going to take your advice, I'm so excited for my new journey. My new healthy body and new image! I'm hours away and time is going so fast. I'm so scared and exited at the same time!

One week post op -- feel fantastic!!! Staples are gone--yea!!! Will be glad to start mushy food....tired of Soup and yogurt and shakes...Best wishes to everyone about to be sleeved.

Hello everyone, I arrived in West VA @midnight and after driving for eight hours, I was sleepy and very, very tired! I got nutrition and education classes at 10&11. I'm on a clear liquid diet today, and I take the citrate magnesium at 5. Well I'm less than 24 hours from joining the losers bench. My Pastor anointed me and prayed with me before traveling, and I had such a peaceful trip. And the best news is that my sister and my niece is driving here tonight. They will be with me for surgery. I was freaking out a little because I thought I had to do this alone. God is so awesome! Good luck to all that's being sleeved this week and to the ones that have already been sleeved. Hoping I will be a testimony for someone. Be blessed!

Well folks,

I did it. Surgery was the 16th and I am two days post-op. All went very well. Just had incision pain. No nausea, vomiting, cramping as of now. I'm using a 15 min timer my Doc gave to me to remind me to drink. I need to get 52oz in today and 64 tommorow. I am learning to love Jello again (hasn't been my favorite). I am also drinking Propel Fitness Water, diluted applejuice and white grape juice. I will be make some broth later. Had a bit of 'freak out' moment this morning. I panicked and thought 'what have I done!' It was a very disturbing moment. I am better now and hoping I don't have another one of those episodes.

Good luck to all the rest of April Sleevers.

Congrats cml! I'm 8 days and had a little freak out last night when I saw a commercial for enchilada doritos. What?!? I want an enchilada dorito! But then I weighed myself and remembered why I did this. :)

I think once you're a few more days out and losing weight, the freak outs might slow down!

What I can't figure out is why I am so embarrased about dong this. That is contributing to my anxiety. I feel like I want to keep it big secret because it shows how weak-willed I have been about losing weight and then gaining it right back. I had to resort to surgery. Maybe I am beating myself up too much. I will take your advice and sort out my feeling in a few days.

What I can't figure out is why I am so embarrased about dong this. That is contributing to my anxiety. I feel like I want to keep it big secret because it shows how weak-willed I have been about losing weight and then gaining it right back. I had to resort to surgery. Maybe I am beating myself up too much. I will take your advice and sort out my feeling in a few days.

I am keeping my surgery a secret, not because I am embarrassed but because I feel what motivated me to do it is very personal. Obviously, I have some problems with food that go beyond just not having willpower, so telling someone not close to me would feel like I was inviting them into my home while in my pajamas. Do what's right for you. Don't worry about anyone else's opinions or feelings. We all have our secrets. ;)

Hello everyone' date=' I arrived in West VA @midnight and after driving for eight hours, I was sleepy and very, very tired! I got nutrition and education classes at 10&11. I'm on a clear liquid diet today, and I take the citrate magnesium at 5. Well I'm less than 24 hours from joining the losers bench. My Pastor anointed me and prayed with me before traveling, and I had such a peaceful trip. And the best news is that my sister and my niece is driving here tonight. They will be with me for surgery. I was freaking out a little because I thought I had to do this alone. God is so awesome! Good luck to all that's being sleeved this week and to the ones that have already been sleeved. Hoping I will be a testimony for someone. Be blessed![/quote']

Good luck to you and God bless. Keep us posted!

It's completely okay to keep it to yourself and close people. That's what I did myself... :) not everybody needs to know everything! Oh and the freak out moments do happen the first so many days. I cried a lot, but feel so much better now. Good luck my fellow sleever!!! :)

I posted this somewhere else but think it might help you...

I thought as my fellow "April Sleever Buddies" and I are on the cusp of major changes, I would show you a documentary that was shown here in Scotland a couple of weeks ago that I found interesting and encouraging. It is about a surgeon who investigates what makes some people fat and she starts from her personal view that we should eat-less-and-move-more and by the end her views have changed about what makes some people overweight and how they can be helped. It deals with Gastric By-Pass but the principles hold true for us "Sleevers" too I think. Interesting, particularly the sections on hunger hormones and stress. I found it encouraging, I hope you do too... www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dzfgb (If you can't get this link it might be on Youtube. It's a called Horizon: The Truth about Fat)

I am keeping my surgery a secret, not because I am embarrassed but because I feel what motivated me to do it is very personal. Obviously, I have some problems with food that go beyond just not having willpower, so telling someone not close to me would feel like I was inviting them into my home while in my pajamas. Do what's right for you. Don't worry about anyone else's opinions or feelings. We all have our secrets. ;)

Thank you for the advice. I am mostly conflicted about discussing this with my elderly parents (85 & 88). They are both doing okay, all things considered, and I just didn't want to have them worrying about me. They know something is up because I am not at work. So far I've only told them I had a hiatal hernia repaire (the truth, but only half the story).

It's completely okay to keep it to yourself and close people. That's what I did myself... :) not everybody needs to know everything! Oh and the freak out moments do happen the first so many days. I cried a lot, but feel so much better now. Good luck my fellow sleever!!! :)

Thank you for the thoughtful response. It helps!