Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought another new bike today

I took the Mtn bike back.....I find myself riding pavement more than anything and the Mtn bike is not very efficient for that.

This bike...absolutely ROCKS! I cannot believe the difference riding this vs. my Mtn bike....I can pick it up with one hand easily and hold it out at arms length. My mtn bike was a tank....I cannot wait to hit the road tomorrow night with it. I feel like a kid at X-Mas.

:heh:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/030.000.000/030.000.006.asp?model=11262

Nice bike. I now know what the difference between a mountain bike and a road/comfort bike. So glad I bought me a comfort bike for those paved trails, so much easier.

The OCR is a great frame.

It's the carbon Fiber version too. I dig it.

I see you are training towards Ironman competitions...that is my goal as well. I will start with smaller triathlons with the goal of competing in an Ironman in 2008.

Awesome stuff.

Cool bike. I have a TCR1 which I bought last year and totally love it. I would do one upgrade...add the Ultegra brakes if not already on there. I kept wondering why the bike wouldn't stop like my other. I learned it had really crappy brakes on a very expensive bike!!! I am going to ride now. Enjoy!

I have Ultegra levers but the pads themselves are generics. It seems to stop pretty good though.

I like the TCRs but I preferred the ride of the OCR...slightly tamer geometry but with all the goodies still.

I rode an aluminum frame OCR, an aluminum/carbon Felt and the all Carbon OCR C2 and the all Carbon was head and shoulders a better riding bike....at least for me.

The Felt is more of a racing bike set-up as is the TCR. I needed an XS frame and the TCR was available. I do love it. I did switch out to the Ultegra brakes. Not too expensive an upgrade. You will probably want to switch as your brakes wear down. Good luck!

Take it easy on that carbon bike for a little while. They are not really keen on people our size on them. Watch out for potholes, or put it on your trainer for a bit.

I have Ultegra levers but the pads themselves are generics. It seems to stop pretty good though.

I like the TCRs but I preferred the ride of the OCR...slightly tamer geometry but with all the goodies still.

I road an aluminum frame OCR, an aluminum/carbon Felt and the all Carbon OCR C2 and the all Carbon was head and shoulders a better riding bike....at least for me.

I agree. But Giant has no weight limit on the frame and lifetime warranty. I have been riding mine on the trainer because it's been so hot. But, for road riding, it doesn't have too much 'flex' in the frame and has been very good for me even at higher weights. I am training for an ironman as well!

I agree. But Giant has no weight limit on the frame and lifetime warranty. I have been riding mine on the trainer because it's been so hot. But, for road riding, it doesn't have too much 'flex' in the frame and has been very good for me even at higher weights. I am training for an ironman as well!

Not trying to hijack the thread, but whats your expected race? Im an avid adventure racer, from the past, and im married to a big time triathlete. Im going to all of her races and im totally hooked again. My first "race" is the disney 1/2 Marathon in January, and hoping to do up to Olympic tri's next year.

Me personally I am going to start with local Sprint distance Triathlons to learn the ropes. I have never done it, never been to one, and only have seen parts of them on TV....but I figure I can swim, I can ride, and someday I will run.

I haven't even attempted the running part yet...not til my weight gets to a more reasonable level.

I live in Sc and I am going to try doing one of the Carolina Upstate series next spring. I am hoping to be at goal, only 65-80 more lbs to go! I do love riding. I am not much of a swimmer but I will try. I am going to do a few centuries later this year and the Assault on Mt Mitchell(NC). I need to do this for me to prove to myself that I do not have to sit on the sidelines and watch. It's great your wife is into triathalons. I need to meet someone someday who just wants to be fit and active. I used to date someone who was totally competitive and that was not good. I was always put down because I wasn't fit enough. Let's start sharing training tips!

Hey PC I am in SC too. I live in North Augusta.

I noticed that most of the triathlon activity in the state is in upstate...greenville area.

I hope to be at or near goal by the end of February...goal being 200 ish.

My wife loves to ride the bike but I don't think she will be into a triathlon but she continues to surprise me though.

BPM,

I live in Columbia and it's true all the races seem to be in Greenville. Go to the Carolina Triathalon website. It's a bike and tri store committed to cycling and triathalons. I got some bike upgrades there and the people were really nice. I am going to try to do something to Celebrate my weightloss and I can't think of a better goal that completing a race.

I bought my bike in Columbia. Summit Cycles up on Two Notch....they were really nice and had the bike in stock that I wanted which is why I drove over there in the first place.

I'll check out that site you recommended. Thanks.