Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 Months Post Surgery (Sleeve) And Gaining Weight! Help! Am I Alone?

I am 13 months post surgery (sleeve) and gaining weight!! 20 lbs!! Help!! Am I alone?

Hm, that's a decent amount. How much did you weigh before and what/when was your lowest weight?

I was 310 when I got sleeved. I went down to 232. Now I am 250.

Did you ever get down to your goal weight? What are you eating? As in, every day, not just on "good" days? And even more importantly, what are you drinking? What's your exercise routine, if any?

I think u need to look at what u r eating........u may need to go back to all liquid Protein for about 3-4 days to jump start ur weight loss again.

If you're eating what u are supposed to be eating, I'm not sure how a person can actually gain weight.

I've seen some posts here where some ppl say, I'm eating anything i want, just in smaller portions now.....I'm not so sure that's gonna help them to lose weight, your body still needs 70-90 grams of Protein per day, and at least 80 ounces of Water. That's hard to do daily with the small amount of food our stomach's will hold, so I can't see how eating anything will help to lose weight. The more protein you consume, the more weight you will lose, so, don't waste your time eating foods that don't help you in your weight loss goal. Make wise choices........

If your snacking, stop! eat at only the times you were instructed to by your Dr.....

Get out your instructions you got from your Dr. on what you can and can't eat, go back to the basic's......it's not too late......never too late, just have to get back on track :)

good luck

Yes you can do this! Go back to basics. Avoid high carb, highly sugary foods. Try to eat plenty of Protein. Remember, it's a permanent lifestyle change. Even if you only walk 30 minutes a few days a week that will help. Don't lose hope.

Go back to basics - start on full liquids diet and exercise.

Good luck :)

Remember, your sleeve is just a tool to be used wisely, not a cure-all. If not, its benefits can be undone and a significant percentage of sleevers regain all or much of their weight. Get back to the basics and just do what you have already proven that you can do and I'm sure you will prevail. You know what to eat, you just strayed off the proper nutrition path briefly. 20# is not a catastrophe and it's great that you are getting concerned early on. You can and will succeed!

It is possible to gain weight if you are eating a lot of slider foods, or if you are eating high fat, high sugar foods, or if you are eating foods too frequently throughout your waking hours.

You need to record what you are eating in a day, and figure out how many calories, grams of Protein, carbs and fat you are eating. Go back to measuring and weighing your food for a few days.You know what you were eating (calories, Protein, carbs, etc) when you were losing weight - so reduce your input back to the point you were when you were losing.

Change up your exercise routine, or increase it.

Review your habits around eating. Are you mindlessly snacking? Emotionally eating? Drinking and eating at the same time?

It is easy as far out from surgery as you are to think " I can do anything I want and eat anything I want". Wrong idea! You still need to eat the same or fewer calories than you expend, or you will lose weight.

Good Luck. As you can see from my signature below - "The easy part is over, now the hard part begins".

Sharon

I wonder if you are keeping a food diary and what you are eating as far as Protein, carbs, fruits, veggies and fats. This could be some of your problem. Also how much are you eating and how many times a day? Also are you snacking and if so how much and what are you eating.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will start my liquid diet again and just go back to the basics. I have had so much going on as far as life changes. I started school again and going full time. My mom just passed away at the end of January and all these stressors have me strayed away from my original goal of loosing weight. It is just always good to know you are not alone sometimes.

Thank you all!! I will keep you all up to date.

Just wanted to say good luck and stay encouraged!