Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe a little TMI (toot toot)

Ok so I got this band on the 25th of july, and my question is does the GAS EVER get better or go away??? If i am not farting I am burping. Its not painful but it just inconvient... just asking..... LOL

Honestly from my own personal experience and also from those at my monthly meetings, it stays w/ you. My farting unfortunately has increased dramatically since I was banded. This is pretty much true w/ any WLS you have, its just never mentioned. Though I dont know about you, but my burping got better w/in 5 wks. Hope this helps and you find relief soon.

Mine has not gone away yet. It is annoying. Especially when I am some where that I cant let it out. Then it hurts. I still get shoulder pain every day to. Dont get me wrong it is still worth it tough. Just a pain.

I find it was a lot less after I was completely healed... give it 6 weeks.

2 years out... still burping and tooting... it's a great way to find out who your real friends are...lol.

I find it was a lot less after I was completely healed... give it 6 weeks.

Im with Elizabeth..

Lots of burping, but very little problems from the other end, Thankfully.

I don't burp. Never did, really. However, farting never ends. Mostly, though, when I'm in bed and change position. I guess DH loves me. He never complains.:scared:

I too got the fart action happening. Have ever since my surgery. It has gotten much much better but still am a farter beyond belief. Lucky for me I work at home and my cats really dont say too much about it. I cant imagine if I would have to "go" to work how I would have gotten over that one.

Me too,

But I think it's soooo cooool. My husband was always just cutting rugs and I would grunt and grunt and moan. Buddy, now I can stay right there with him and he'll just look at me with this weird kind of amazement. Hey, we've been married 25 years, got to think of something fun. LOL

I'm with all of you. The worst is when I'm in the office and I cough or sneeze. How embarrasing. But it's constant. My husband just laughs at me. I also have burping but mostly just when I eat.

I've been wondering about this. Glad the thread was created! Thanks!

It's so embarrassing/silly to fart in stores, fart when other people are around - and try to conceal it, when I'm walking the dog <who never does> or any other time. I thought it was part of that over 40/50 fat, and flatulent thing. Or the refried Beans. Now I know it's another benefit of this whole thing. Why don't they tell you to expect it?

Unless the dr. is playing a trick on me and there is no band really there I can't relate to the gas thread at all. I was banded July 18th and have never had a bit of gas (from either end)....OK I must be the weird one here. I'm feeling left out.

Dody... you may "fit in" once you a good amount of restriction... we'll all be crossing our fingers that you get to join the farty butt club. :scared:

Dody... you may "fit in" once you a good amount of restriction... we'll all be crossing our fingers that you get to join the farty butt club. :scared:

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps once I get a fill I will be tooting up a storm. I'm so tired of feeling left out :)

It is pretty hard to act ladylike around my lovely boyfriend when i am making all kind of noises! If its not a burp or a toot, whilst i'm eating, my tummy and throat make weird gurgling sounds!!

So yeah.. i'm part of the farty butt club, as nightingale so delicately put it!

yay!