Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT- I need your help Aussies!!

Hey guys, I am looking for some help. My sister lives in Bunbury, WA and her daughter is getting married next month. She will be coming to the states a few days before the wedding and is having a heck of a time finding an appropriate dress. She does not know where to shop and is having a difficult time finding larger sizes. She is looking for a size 24, dressy dress appropriate for the mother of the bride. Any help? She really needs ideas of where to shop for larger sizes. Wedding is in 4 weeks (crunch time) and really would like to buy something there rather than waiting until a few days before the wedding to start looking in the states.

Thanks

I'm not from WA so I dont know what's over there, but on a national level, I cant think of much that's harder than finding a formal dress in a large size. We have My Size and 1626 and Sara (which David Jones have started stocking and I noticed they had one or two nice dresses there) - you can buy Sara online through Eizibuy which is a NZ company. She'd need to do a google search and find it, I'd also just google plus size dresses or something similar and see what comes up because there's bugger all in the shops to be honest. You're only real hope would be a big department store like Myer and even that's chancy.

I managed to get a dress made just from a local tailor from a commercial pattern with a 3 week turnaround, that was pretty darn easy and would be my recommendation.

Otherwise, I'd honestly say it'd be easier to buy something once she's in the states, more choices, more sizes etc. Its very limited here.

Try Big City Chic, they have formal dresses and accessories, as well as fashion, work, casual etc. However - their styles might be a bit 'young' for mother of the bride. Their website (www.bigcitychic.com.au ) says there's a store at Whitfords, WA.

Thank you guys so much, this at least gives her a place to start... I knew I could count on my lapband sisters for help. I will let you know what she comes up with. Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches