Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Did We Do Sleeve If We Must Keep Our Selves In Special Diet

doctor say donot eat choclate, chips, full cream milk,ice cream, juice with sugar....etc

so i have to keep my self from all of these foods away so why i have sleeve,

so when you eat them as a normal person naturally do.. U cant and wont go far with them,hence you will never gain weight as before.

How far are you with your sleeve?

Most of us had this surgery because we had issues controlling our impulses to overeat - whether the bad foods that you have listed above or just too much of any foods.

I have allowed myself some of these foods in moderation - luckily I don't want to eat too much of any sweets - too rich for my sleeve. chips tend to be too greasy for me, and I was never a milk drinker, so I definitely don't have the desire for whole, full-fat milk.

In the beginning, it's important to eat according to the surgeon's plan to avoid issues healing.

After that, it's smart to go on a slightly restricted diet until you learn to eat to your nutritional guidelines.

Once your capacity increases, it's up to you on what you eat and how you do it. Keep in mind that just like prior to surgery, overindulging in any of those foods will cause a stall or an outright weight gain.

I eat whatever I want, in moderation. I am not on a diet. I had the sleeve to control my portions and I refuse to live on Atkins forever.

That said, eating a "normal" diet will cause you to shed the weight more slowly. So don't go in eating whatever you want once you heal and get angry that you're only losing a pound or two a week (if that).

I started out immediately post op restricting my carbs very severely. After several months of slow loss, irritability, feeling denied and just plain old frustration, I opted to go a healthier route (for me) and to incorporate a more normal number of carbohydrates. My loss didn't slow noticeably, but then, I was a slower loser from day one and only averaged about six pounds off per month.

So, do what you want. Again - if you sit down and consume all the ice cream you can eat (and boy, it will be a lot more than the amount of chicken breast you can eat) do not be surprised if you don't lose weight. Part of having the surgery is to learn how to eat properly and yes, sticking to a mostly healthy diet is important. I'd say I follow the "rules" (Protein first, veggies, then a tiny bit of carbs) about 90% of the time. But I eat cake or Cookies or bread if it's what I really want, in moderation.

Good luck.

~Cheri

The sleeve is not only about losing weight, its about changing your bad eating habits, the habits that got you here in the first place.

The surgery solves only half of the problem. The other half lies with your attitude towards your new stomach and sticking to a healthy diet plan. Otherwise why do the surgery at all?

Good luck :)

im 5 weeks and 3 days pist sleeve

i restricted all carb

but im thinking why i go and did surgery habing danger of bleeding anasthesia cutting my stomach

and at the end i have to struggle my self for not eatong sugars

if eat sugar after sleeve i wont loose weight

so why i did it istill need keep my self on diet and exercise so why i dont make diet and exer without surgery?

and thanks for you all for supporting maybe im depressed now bcz the scale doesnt move

ihate all these fat i want to cut them out

some tumes i wish if icould use a knife and take them out

Your posts are really negative; have you considered talking to a counselor/therapist about your feelings? I find it concerning when you post about "hating yourself" and "cutting the fat out of you." I think you should talk to your surgeon's office right away and perhaps get a referral to a therapist.

I agree with Indymom. I would highly recommend you seek a therapist and soon. If you had a psych eval before your surgery, you might go back to that therapist. If not, I really think you are on a road to self sabotaging yourself. The last thing you need to do this early in the process is to be going back to habits that are only going to hurt your success and begin that cycle all over again.

As others have already said, this is ONLY a tool. It is up to us to use the tool and to learn to change our attitude towards eating. I like that my stomach no longer tolerates anything really sweet (I used to dream about that because sweets have always been my huge downfall), anything really greasy makes my stomach ill, etc. My hunger level is so much less, I get full so much quicker and so then I try to focus on eating the foods that will support me in reaching my final goal. It is my hope and I think everyone else here that we continue to manage the maintenance aspect by having learned how to eat differently and view food as a way to live, not living to eat.

I hope you can find some help soon.

what i feel is a guilt of whom?

is the guilt of people

who looking to the fatty people espacially girls as they are strange creatures

i heard alot of bad words from people iknow and i didnt know

oooh fatty girl, how could you let your self reach this size, you are like abox

many things

at all my life i was eating the same food of my friends i do the same activity

they maintain skinny and igain 25p per months

why me? ilook for my hormons it is always normal

so why?

and i do surgery and pay alot of my mam money but still lost averry little weight, and now the scale stopped

you know men is hatting me the fatty girl

im dreaming a man who will carry me between his hands or in his back but really who will carry all this fat hahahah his back will broken

im dreaming to wear dress without thinking my fats appear or not

i want to ride a bike and go on atrip

i want to ride ahorse but whats the horse guilt ti carry me

people look to the fat person as a bad one so lets punish him they dont know that he is already punished from the life oh people he cant find clothes easily

im admiring why me

same of other people same activity same hormons so why me

You are obviously in a great deal of emotional pain right now. Several have suggested that you find a therapist and SOON. Are you willing to do this? I think you need to be reviewing what you are eating with a nutritionist or at the very least your surgeon, what your exercise routine looks like, etc. You are comparing yourself to other people, and that is not going to work. Everyone is different for a multitude of reasons including metabolism, level of activity, genetics, etc.

Please find help soon! This board is an excellent source of support, but I really think you need to reach out to someone who can work with you on a 1-1 level to find out what is really going on to get you back on track. Are you willing to do this?

what i feel is a guilt of whom?

is the guilt of people

who looking to the fatty people espacially girls as they are strange creatures

i heard alot of bad words from people iknow and i didnt know

oooh fatty girl, how could you let your self reach this size, you are like abox

many things

at all my life i was eating the same food of my friends i do the same activity

they maintain skinny and igain 25p per months

why me? ilook for my hormons it is always normal

so why?

and i do surgery and pay alot of my mam money but still lost averry little weight, and now the scale stopped

you know men is hatting me the fatty girl

im dreaming a man who will carry me between his hands or in his back but really who will carry all this fat hahahah his back will broken

im dreaming to wear dress without thinking my fats appear or not

i want to ride a bike and go on atrip

i want to ride ahorse but whats the horse guilt ti carry me

people look to the fat person as a bad one so lets punish him they dont know that he is already punished from the life oh people he cant find clothes easily

im admiring why me

same of other people same activity same hormons so why me

Hi, not trying to be rude, what type of talking is this, it is hard for me to detangle your words. Are you doing this from a phone, text talking?

Sally I have to agree with the other posters. I think you need more support than the members of this forum can provide. I also think you need to meet with someone face to face on a individual level. I would talk to my surgeon immediately and perhaps someone other than the person who provided your psych consult. As a health care professional I honestly do not think you were emotionally ready for this procedure and need some help as soon as posibble to prevent a further downward spiral.

I don't think she is from the U.S. and so English may not be her first language.

Hi, not trying to be rude, what type of talking is this, it is hard for me to detangle your words. Are you doing this from a phone, text talking?

One of the biggest reasons I LOVE this website is because I have learned so much from everyone on here! I will admit when I first started researching the sleeve, I pretty much settled on it because I thought to myself that I could get the sleeved, eventually eat what I want, and lose weight. However, from others on here I've learned that you still have to WORK at it! The importance of making the right choices when it comes to eating, and work out if I want results, and think that's one of the best things I've learned! How to eat! Fill my stomach with what's good for me!

I've also learned NOT to compare my loss with others loss! That everyone will lose differently, and at different paces. Just because someone on here lost 32 lbs in the first two months, doesn't mean I will. I will lose at my own pace, and in my own time. I also know that I'll go through stalls! Everyone seems to at some time!

doctor say donot eat choclate, chips, full cream milk,ice cream, juice with sugar....etc

so i have to keep my self from all of these foods away so why i have sleeve,