Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the last 4 days I have weighed in at the same amount. I am a little over 4 weeks out & I have hears of several people talk about a stall around this time. For those of you who have had stalls, how long did yours last? Also, very close to my visit from aunt Flo. Could that be a contributor?

of course TOM is a factor. I have been "stalled" for the past 2 weeks and I am only 4 weeks out. Things that make you go humm. It is EXTREMELY frustrating, to say the least, BUT I have read others posts and it is not an uncommon thing. When I talked to my mother this morning and told her that I haven't lost any weight in the past 2 weeks she voiced my own fear "wouldn't that be horrible to have gone through all this and not lose weight." Yeah, Mom, that would be horrible. BUT..... that AIN'T gonna happen to me and it AIN'T gonna happen to you !!! We will lose weight and that's not just wishful thinking. There are THOUSANDS of people on this site that are losing tons of weight and we're going to lose it too !

So there. I know I feel better. How about you ?

Lol, I regularly stall out for three weeks and then drop all my weight for the month right as my period comes around. If I worried about a stall all the time, I would never enjoy my sleeve. DO NOT worry about stalling right around 3 weeks after surgery, it is super common.

Yep, super common. It happens to most of us. Your body needs time to adjust. Relax, because you WILL lose the weight. I never worried about my stalls until just recently when I went through a 6 week period of only a pound or so lost. I'm at a normal BMI and I wondered if my body was just done. I still want to lose about 5-10 lbs. Then, this morning, low and behold, the scale started moving again. Let your body have the time it needs to readjust to your new weight and then you'll see the pounds come off. It's like stepping down stairs: plateau, step, plateau, step.

Thank you for posting this! I have been the same weight for the last week and I am 28 days out today. AND, I went and visited my Mom this week and she said the exact same thing to me about doing this all for 11 measely pounds!!!!!!!!!! My reply.. OH HELL NO! THERE IS NO WAY I AM STOPPING AT 11 MEASELY POUNDS!! :) We laughed!

We need to sit back, do what we are supposed to do, and let the sleeve do its part too! I have to keep telling myself that I didnt get fat overnight and it isnt going to come off overnight either! (it sounds good!) :)

Thanks again!

It's like stepping down stairs: plateau, step, plateau, step.

I really like this Sara! One step at a time, SLOWLY!! :) Thanks!

Yep, super common. It happens to most of us. Your body needs time to adjust. Relax, because you WILL lose the weight. I never worried about my stalls until just recently when I went through a 6 week period of only a pound or so lost. I'm at a normal BMI and I wondered if my body was just done. I still want to lose about 5-10 lbs. Then, this morning, low and behold, the scale started moving again. Let your body have the time it needs to readjust to your new weight and then you'll see the pounds come off. It's like stepping down stairs: plateau, step, plateau, step.

Sara, you are no nonsence! BTW, I really like your youtuve videos!!! Do another :-) Our experiences are very similar. I tend to process things much the same way you dol

Thank you for posting this! I have been the same weight for the last week and I am 28 days out today. AND, I went and visited my Mom this week and she said the exact same thing to me about doing this all for 11 measely pounds!!!!!!!!!! My reply.. OH HELL NO! THERE IS NO WAY I AM STOPPING AT 11 MEASELY POUNDS!! :) We laughed!

We need to sit back, do what we are supposed to do, and let the sleeve do its part too! I have to keep telling myself that I didnt get fat overnight and it isnt going to come off overnight either! (it sounds good!) :)

Thanks again!

TheSkinnyCow73! You are so right!!! BTW, congrats on your sleeve and progress! I can tell you are so going to rock this sleeve!!!

Wow, guys! Thanks so much for the support. I do feel better. Love the way y'all explained this. My husband said, "Don't worry about this stall. You have no choice but to lose weight!" He was right & so are y'all. Than.ls again for the encouragment. I'm so glad I have this forum to check in with.

Sara, you are no nonsence! BTW, I really like your youtuve videos!!! Do another :-) Our experiences are very similar. I tend to process things much the same way you dol

Thanks for the encouragement to post a new youtube video. It was the push I needed to finally do an update today. I've posted it! :)