Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Added Negative Findings Of The Operation Because

Its important for people thinking of making this operation which i honestly found so many negative things in , to know what it really feels and in the same time for me to get help from others who shared same experience . Its a shame to just cheat our self and say all the good things about the operation . Here you go administrator susan this is the reason for my threads .

This is a positive place for people to come & get support. This is not the first time you've been on here spreading bad vibes. For crying out loud, aren't you the person who wrote about trying to eat a cheeseburger? There are many realities of this surgery posted here. Heartburn, fatigue, stomach swelling, just to name a few, then

Tpeople come back on with a word of support. You seem to be doing the opposite. I am sure there is another forum for constant complainers, it's just not this one.

I hate to label people, but in reviewing full posts I have to agree with others that we have a harmony troll. Too bad.

Sent from my iPad using VST

It seems that this is a person that just doesn't want to listen to reason. They claim to be a medical student, but yet it seems they knew absolutely nothing about this surgery before committing to it.

I had complications dealing with surgery. I was in the hospital three times, including an ER visit, within the first two weeks post-op. So I know this surgery isn't a magical, stress-free solution. Heck, at 3.5 months out, I still have trouble following a suitable diet plan. I overeat sometimes, and usually that makes me sick. Slowly, I'm learning. I know I have food issues, and this is a great forum to come and deal with it, whether you want to vent, inquire, or just learn from other people.

Whining about the surgery because you refuse to follow the plan isn't going to solve anything. Is your surgeon frustrated with you? Or do you just act this way on the internet, and all sweet towards her and don't tell her all the problems you're having? I have a feeling karma is going to bite you in the butt once you become a doctor and you have patients who refuse to listen to you.

Should this forum be all unicorns and rainbows? No, not really. People need to see the ups and downs, the pros and cons, the good and the bad of this surgery. It's a lifelong commitment. This surgery may help you with the physical aspect, but it doesn't help the emotional or mental one. You didn't get fat overnight. You didn't develop food related issues (because, really, pretty much all overweight/obese people have them) overnight. So this surgery isn't going to fix it overnight.

I hope your journey goes better for you.

Agree with everyone. This operation is a weight loss tool, not magic. This is a website for support and to share our experiences. We also have to put effort and follow a new way of living which includes eating healthy.

I don't think the troll had vsg surgery. If he/she was really a medical student he/she wouldn't have time to be wasting it on here trying to upset us. I think he/she doesn't have a life and gets off on wasting our time and energy.

I know that before I had surgery I researched alllll of the good and bad. In addition, my surgeon was sure to explain to me of all the things that could go wrong. Although 'elective', this is MAJOR surgery, and definitley life changing.

I am sure most on here did the same as me. I have been reading your posts, and will take you for face value, and believe that you are just having a hard time with the after surgery life. We all are in one way or another. And I feel sorry for you. I am no professional, but I am a verrry positive person. I believe the energy I put out, is what comes back to me. I hope you understand that the participants of this forum are kind, and many ARE having a hard time, but keeping positive and keeping their eye on the goal of being healthy. It is simply mean to keep posting your negativity, without being constructive in some way...

I am only 3 weeks out, but if you need a friend to talk to, a support person, or someone to simply vent to, please message me, I would love to listen to your concerns, rather then seeing the negativity on here and getting everyone riled up...

Hugs, sabrina

I don't think the troll had vsg surgery. If he/she was really a medical student he/she wouldn't have time to be wasting it on here trying to upset us. I think he/she doesn't have a life and gets off on wasting our time and energy.

There is something called time management and it was a mistake to mention that im a medical students because too many of you couldnt have a decent job so tough luck jealous people.

I know that before I had surgery I researched alllll of the good and bad. In addition' date=' my surgeon was sure to explain to me of all the things that could go wrong. Although 'elective', this is MAJOR surgery, and definitley life changing.

I am sure most on here did the same as me. I have been reading your posts, and will take you for face value, and believe that you are just having a hard time with the after surgery life. We all are in one way or another. And I feel sorry for you. I am no professional, but I am a verrry positive person. I believe the energy I put out, is what comes back to me. I hope you understand that the participants of this forum are kind, and many ARE having a hard time, but keeping positive and keeping their eye on the goal of being healthy. It is simply mean to keep posting your negativity, without being constructive in some way...

I am only 3 weeks out, but if you need a friend to talk to, a support person, or someone to simply vent to, please message me, I would love to listen to your concerns, rather then seeing the negativity on here and getting everyone riled up...

Hugs, sabrina[/quote']

You should teach some girls here how to respect others because your words are so inspiring and it will be my pleasure to contact you.

It seems that this is a person that just doesn't want to listen to reason. They claim to be a medical student' date=' but yet it seems they knew absolutely nothing about this surgery before committing to it.

I had complications dealing with surgery. I was in the hospital three times, including an ER visit, within the first two weeks post-op. So I know this surgery isn't a magical, stress-free solution. Heck, at 3.5 months out, I still have trouble following a suitable diet plan. I overeat sometimes, and usually that makes me sick. Slowly, I'm learning. I know I have food issues, and this is a great forum to come and deal with it, whether you want to vent, inquire, or just learn from other people.

Whining about the surgery because you refuse to follow the plan isn't going to solve anything. Is your surgeon frustrated with you? Or do you just act this way on the internet, and all sweet towards her and don't tell her all the problems you're having? I have a feeling karma is going to bite you in the butt once you become a doctor and you have patients who refuse to listen to you.

Should this forum be all unicorns and rainbows? No, not really. People need to see the ups and downs, the pros and cons, the good and the bad of this surgery. It's a lifelong commitment. This surgery may help you with the physical aspect, but it doesn't help the emotional or mental one. You didn't get fat overnight. You didn't develop food related issues (because, really, pretty much all overweight/obese people have them) overnight. So this surgery isn't going to fix it overnight.

I hope your journey goes better for you.[/quote']

I wont bother reading because i found the first paragraph pathetic like you.

Wow. Comments and people like this make me not want to visit this site. Don't we have moderators?

Well I have seen quite a few of your posts now and it seems you are having a really hard time. I will also take you for what you say you are, who am I to judge right. Anyway, I have said this before to you but maybe you didn't read it. The thing is you already had the surgery so I really think you should try and make the best of it. It isn't easy as you know and it's a long hard process. You are not doing yourself any favors by eating the wrongs things and ultimately ending up in pain.

Why don't you try going back to liquids and starting over? You could also let us know about your weight loss, how much have you lost? When was your surgery? Where was your surgery?

Are you attending any support groupd where you live, you might find that those help you quite a bit, and may help you turn your outlook around. Good Luck.

I am waiting to have my surgery and this site really helps me understand what post-oppers and newbies are going through. I have already adjusted my diet to just under 1200 cals a day just to lose the 15lbs before surgery(11 off in 9 days). I practice chewing till mush,no liquids, 30 minutes to eat.Put my utensils down after each bite Ect. Everything I can to get me ready for post op. Taking my Vitamins. I also journal every meal,How I felt Ect. These things where asked of me by the program at Kaiser. I should be ready to hit the ground running. Well maybe not running but ready to do what is necessary to make this work. I do not know if all surgery centers are as proffesional or get there patients ready for life after surgery as Kaiser? The only thing that should change for me is the amounts of food and the 400 calories that I will be consuming after surgery. As of now I am doing everything that my program has to get me ready for my new way of eating after surgery. I WILL follow the plan EXACTLEY as asked of me. Why go through all the Mental and Physical pain to struggle or fail? We /you all need to take this seriously and always remember WHY we chose to do this. Especially when you feel down or struggle. Always REMEMBER the END GAME. How AWSOME we are going to look for the first time in Many Years for Me. Good luck to ALL!

There is something called time management and it was a mistake to mention that im a medical students because too many of you couldnt have a decent job so tough luck jealous people.

Maybe I am jealous,,I don't know. I am disabled so I can no longer work..that is tough luck. You say very hurtful things,,why? I mean,,what is your point in being here? Do you want help or do you already have all the answers to your own questions?

I wont bother reading because i found the first paragraph pathetic like you.

Good to know your time management and people skills are being put to the test. If you didn't want to "bother" reading, why bother replying? I hope you aren't this caustic when you finish "medical school" and become a doctor. I feel sorry for your future patients.