Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your goal weight based on?

I'm 5'7" and I'm aiming for 140. I don't know if I have a weird body or what, but to me, 140 is even a little bit chubby. Last time I was that size, I think I was around a size 12 and I distinctly remember having fat rolls. It seems like a lot of people my height are aiming for a higher goal weight than I am, which makes me wonder. I think some people may carry weight better than I do. Or maybe I have a small frame or something. I've noticed that quite a few of us have a goal weight that puts them at a BMI of 30+.

So I guess my question is not so much what your goal weight is, as how you decided what it would be?

Honestly, it was basically a guess. I haven't been anywhere near my goal in years, so I'm not sure that will be my final goal. I talked to the surgeon about it, and we thought this was reasonable and attainable.

I am shooting for 199. That is a realistic goal that will put me in onederland and at good size. I am 6'2 with a large fram and just don't think I want to get any lower than that. Now I may change my mind and shoot for the last 20 lbs to put me ideal weight. When I get there I will let you know!

I'm shooting realistically for 175. I know for a fact at that weight and at 5'9" I wear a perfect 12 at that size. I can't ask for anything more. I'm really thin at this point.....ways to go.

My original goal (and the number all my mini goals come off of [like halfway]) is 140. I decided on this because my sister was 140 at the time, and I thought she looked great (then she went and lost another 15 lbs O.O).

Since then I've kind of adjusted it to 140~160. I was 165 in Jr. high, and only a little over weight, and I'm a little taller now than then, and I have bigger breasts, so I think that getting to 165 again would be wonderful, and then maybe a little lower, just to not be at that number, you know? (I'm 5'6 by the way).

I also think that for many of us (not all) that the weight we might have been if we'd never been MO, is probably not the ideal weight for us now, if that makes any sense. What with extra skin, and the little pockets of fat you sometimes get that aren't going anywhere no matter what you do (short of surgery).

If anything, I recommend a goal that you think is maybe just a little high, and then you can always go PAST goal when you get there if you decide it's not enough :eek:

The last time I felt comfortable... human... was in a sz 20, and a 20 for me is about 230 - 245. I really liked my body when I was in a 16/18, which I figure will be about 180 - 190. 180 is my "dream" weight, but I'll be thrilled at anything under 200, hence the 199 posted below. Really if I never get below 210 I'll still be thrilled, but I'm not telling my band that!

I'm 5' 9" and according the the BMI, my "normal" weight range is 125 - 150. That's a pretty broad stretch and, honestly, what IS normal?

I wear a size 12 when I'm at 150 pounds and that's what I'm shooting for.

In all honesty I'd be happy to be 175 or so, while 135 - 140 is my ' wake-up-you're-dreaming' weight. LOL

I too am 5'9 and My Dr. set goal is 150.

I wore a size 9 @ 150 I'd like to be in a 10-12 160- 170 pounds

I have 29-39 pounds to go for my I'm good goal and 49 pounds til Dr goal :eek:

I would not want to weigh less than 140 though I know for a fact I'm too boney at that weight :)

Oh If only I could dream away these last 29- 49 pounds LOL

Nana~

This is an interesting question. At first, I was thinking 150 but lately everybody at work is saying I look good where I am at and not to lose anymore weight-- so I may settle around 165 if I feel like I look/feel good then. I am fairly tall so I carry my weight well. I am not perfectly content with my body now but I can definitely see my old thinner shape coming back and its very exciting....:eek: So, I guess I will just play it by ear. In a perfect world I will get to 150 but I think 155-165 may be more reasonable. I will be at a "normal" BMI at 159 and no longer overweight,so mabye I should shoot for that!

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/179/150ish

5'7''

Well as you can see from below, 150 was my original goal. Now that I am there I have adjusted it some. I don't know that I have an ideal number in my mind. I think I will know when I get there. I am 5'5 and am wearing a size 11 which you can't find in all jeans, but I have managed to in some. I am comfortable with my weight except for my belly fat. I want all the PS that my husband can buy me. Many people say I look too thin now and most just say I look great. I think because I dropped so much weight in my face there is such a noticeable difference there. My mom is coming in from Iraq on the 22nd and she hasn't seen me since Jan, so I am anxious to see what she has to say.

That was a hard questions to anwer for myself. I originally had 150 as my goal weight...I am 5'8" female. Now, I am 175 pounds. I am satisfied where I am at (size 12). My surgeon, which is Nana's surgeon also :eek: , said I looked great and could stop where I am at! He asked, "where do you want to be at?" I began to mention the weight charts and I was still "overweight" and he cut me off (gave me the time-out sign). "Shawn, what do YOU want to be at?" I said, "maybe another 10 pounds." He said, "GREAT!" Now, my new goal is 165. I am sort of winging it, at this point.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the sizes seem different now? I not talking about the size variations per manufactuer. 20 years ago, I wore a size 10-12 at 140 pounds. Maybe they are making them larger...

Shawn

I am with you, last time I was 150 I was a size 16! Still fat! However I am using the 150 as a starting point. People who carry large amounts of excess weight build denser bones and more muscle to support carrying the weight so what we look like at 150 after we lose could be very different than we looked when we were there originally. And I go tmy 150 from a height weight chart.

I've set my goal weight for between 190-200 (I'm 5'7"). I recently had my body composition measured (calipers, Water displacement, etc.) and it was calculated that I have about 160-165 lbs of lean body mass (stuff I don't want to/can't lose).

My goal is to be between 20-25% body fat, which would put me, after all the math, at b/w 190-200 lbs.

I remember feeling my best at 160, but that was back in high school. I'm not a teenager anymore, so I guess I shouldn't be expecting myself to return to the weight I was as a 17 year old in my adult life.