Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Kind Of Eggs You Eat

I have found that I can eat a egg over easy, but boiled and scrambled eggs make me vomit. I am over 5 months out. Does this go away or should I write them off. p.s. I miss deviled eggs

Lol I just ate a boiled egg. I'm so glad I can get my eggs. Yesterday I made a one egg omel with cheese in the middle. I only ate half, but it was good. Do you eat the yolk in the boiled egg? I don't, so maybe that's why I can handle it.

I can only tolerate the egg beaters. The real eggs make me vomit also.

I eat eggs prepared any way with no problem. Why can't you have deviled eggs?

Thanks for the replies. I don't know why I can have fried, but not scrambled or boiled. I think I will try the egg beaters. I can't have milk with lactose now either, but I can have cheese and yogurt. Strange sleeve!

I do fine with eggs any way I cook them, and could right from the solid stage. You can probably try again a little later. And your lactose intolerance may go away too, I have seen others that had this immediately post op but were fine later.

I have tried scrambled eggs, they sat in my stomach like rocks. The only other type of eggs I have tried are boiled and they are heavenly. Just one is all I can manage though.

Ooooo, I had blended egg salad today. It was gooooood. It never really occurred to me that I might not be able to stomach it! :o Glad I did. I hope you will eventually tolerate them!

I am 18 months out and honestly eggs are still a gamble.. The first few months out I couldn't handle more than a teaspoon of any kind of egg, ugh they made me want to hurl and filled me up like expanding concrete. Now I can handle scrambled eggs TOO well, almost a slider food, but over-easy or omlette can bring on the slimes. And sometimes a few small bites of egg, regardless of preparation, is more than I can handle and I'm off my feed for the rest of the day, and other times I can eat 3 jumbo eggs scrambled with cheese and ham without blinking. Go figure.

I've been very lucky, I've never thown up with the sleeve and I could eat any kind of eggs early out. But my favorite are eggfaces egg bites. I make them with all kinds of different ingredients and it's a good on the go Breakfast for several days.

I've not had any issues with eggs but noticed when doing my food tracking that the calories/fat grams were adding up quickly when I was having a regular egg every day. I now typically use the southwestern egg beaters and make a Breakfast scramble with mushroom, Tomato, and either canadian bacon or turkey sausage (and shredded 2% cheese). It's a really filling breakfast for fairly low calories/fat grams and great on the protein!

I've not had any issues with eggs but noticed when doing my food tracking that the calories/fat grams were adding up quickly when I was having a regular egg every day. I now typically use the southwestern egg beaters and make a breakfast scramble with mushroom, Tomato, and either canadian bacon or turkey sausage (and shredded 2% cheese). It's a really filling breakfast for fairly low calories/fat grams and great on the protein!

That sounds really yummy!

My nutritionist said that when you have a scrambled eggs something happens when whisking the eggs that makes most sleeve patients get sick... While I apologize I cant remember, she recommended sticking with eggbeaters/eggwhites