Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Damn Was I Really That Big?

ok so this is starting to get strange to me.. lol..

lately i have people comin up to me goin.. 'wow you lost a lot of weight...' and im thinkin ok.... i mean they tell me i look good, but im like im only down 46 lbs.. i know its a lot, but i guess i thought i always carried my weight pretty well cuz im very proportionate.. I mean i know i was a chunky girl, but damn WAS I REALLY THAT BIG????

Its just odd..I mean I was happy with my looks when i was chunky... and im happy with my looks now that im only slightly chunky..lol.. but still i guess i just never saw myself as being really big, but the fact that people make it seem like i was HUGE just kinda makes me feel uncomfortable..

I guess yea at 265lbs I was a big girl.. i guess its just odd now that i know how other people perceived me..

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes.. or am i just thinking about it too much?

this is me just a few days ago at my bands show...

426564_10150583549782749_648527748_9043123_160394077_n.jpg

this is me at my heaviest.....

15758_1063154356497_1755145574_118744_2687611_n.jpg

i mean ok yea im definitely fatter, but i guess i just didn't see that i lost soooo much weight that its that its OMG noticable..i guess..but whatever...don't get me wrong i feel terrific and im not complainin about the loss... i guess i just feel awkward when people come up to me sayin.. 'damn you lost HELLA wait' and they do with that much emphasis on HELLA!!!!

You have to admit,,you do look amazing,,even though you are a GORGEOUS girl before and after the weight loss.

Pre op i didn't see myself as really heavy at 223 lbs, after all I had just made the BMI cut off. But when my friend told me that my butt was like a shelf and I had a really big stomach, I had never seen myself that way. I was embarrassed. But when clarifying with my daughter, she told me my butt didn't look like a shelf. So I decided I'm not going to pay attention to others and just enjoy today and my new weight. ;)

I experienced the exact same feelings. I hate to say that it only gets worse. I really struggled when I put on my old "skinny" pants and they literally fell off. I struggled because I looked in the mirror and saw someone who still needed to lose weight... That made me pause and wonder about how big I must've been before without ever realizing it. It's an adjustment.

Like you, I was very proportionate but 316 lbs is still 316 lbs (in my case). Instead of focusing on what you may have looked like before, bask in the compliments and be thankful you made the changes necessary to be healthy. Congrats on some fantastic results! :)

Amanda

You look great..keep up the good work, as we all do!!

You looked good then but now look fantastic! It has been a year and a half since my sleeve and I am still shocked whenever I run across a picture of me at my fatest and at the time I had no idea how big I had gotten. My husband has said the same thing that he never saw it until he looked at before and afters. The other day I bought some sweatpants that were on sale they were only in sizes xl and up but I figured I'd buy a couple of xl to work out in so what if they were lose yeah right they won't stay up.

You look great before and after! Congrats on your weight loss!! :)

Blackanese25: You look smoking! I have always rocked my heavy weight, I am pear shaped and so I could always get away with cute tops and the usual denim or black pants (wide legs) to balance my hips out. But I bet 4 months from now my mouth would be on the floor when I do my before (258lbs) and after (??lbs) pics. I think we like to convince ourselves when we are at our heaviest that it's not so bad. Keep up the good work! I'm lookin forward to getting to where you are at!!

thank you everyone, I feel great and honestly i completely understand when you look at the before and after i look way bigger..lol.. And i get why people say wow you lost hella weight.. i just need to take it as a compliment and not damn you were seriously fat before..lolol..

what cracks me up sometimes is that everyone assumes that ive always been big and i really havent ive only been big for about 4 years... after my 3rd knee surgery i packed it on like sumo wrestler.... apparently thats what happens when you can't move and continue eating like you did in grade school...

hopefully my mind will catch up to my body, and just be happy about it. cuz i truely am a happier person since the surgery.. im more energetic and i feel all glowy inside!

It takes time for our brain to realize that we losing weight. Sometimes I still think that I do look the same as when I was 216 lbs.

I can see a HUGE difference in your pictures :) You look amazing girl,your thighs are way thinner ,your face,arms. Looking beautiful!

I'm only 50 down from my highest "recorded" weight. I dropped two pants sizes. I decided to give away all of my clothes because I have no intention to ever be that size again. My family is pretty good about passing old and new clothes around for the ladies to share. I say share because at one point or another, we'd all fluxuate in size. Anyway, I gave all my clothes to this one particular member because she gained alot of weight in a short period and was left with little to no clothes. As her mom was sorting the clothes to be hung, I was astounded to see how huge they were. Was I really that big? Why didn't anyone say anything? Why didn't anyone try to help me? Why was I the last to know?

I have always been well accepted. Wasn't teased in high school nor college, but I did understand that in dating, the top priority went to the smaller ladies.

You are beautiful!! I just showed hubs your photos because we are pretty close in stats. My starting weight was 256lbs. He said you look awesome! He plays in 2 bands that's why I showed him your photos... :) Just have one question for ya. How tall are you? Blessings~Melanie:)

Lookin good lady!

I only noticed how really huge I was when I see pictures. My dad commented that "It looks like you've shrunk by half!"

Eh, don't sweat the use ta' bees.