Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Weight Loss For Going On 3 Weeks.....wth!

I am pretty frustrated here :angry: . I have not lost any weight in going on 3 weeks :( , as a matter of fact I have gained1lb :o . This is some bull.... I know I keep hearing everyone say this will pass and and you will start losing again, uh hello when! I know that I do not get all the required Protein or liquids in and I do minimal exercise, but come on for real how long is this really going to go on. So this week I am going to push myself to get a lil more excerise and getting more protein in :wub: . I never thought it would be such a chore to eat, it just makes me not want too. :unsure: Help me pls!

Have you taken any measurements? This is a time where your body is catching up with the lbs loss. I have been loosing slowly since Xmas, but boy has my body gone done in inches. If you haven't taken any measurements before now, now would be a good time to take some for baseline. Then measure yourself later. ;)

I think it's a great idea to get more Protein in and to increase your exercise routine. That's being proactive and will get your further.

CONGRATS on your successes! Keep Rockin that Sleeve! ;)

This happens to me at least once a month. I hate it, but it reminds to stay on track and check my eating. Don't let it get to you. You will start dropping again. It is just the body's way of adjusting to the weight loss.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

That can be one of your major problems with not losing any weight. Your body thinks that you are starving to death and has shut itself down to save itself. I think that if you increase your Protein and get in your Water that you will see that scale start to move again. It happened to me and I was amazed that I could eat more food and start to lose weight again. It sounds just the opposite but it works. Never give up.

This happens to me at least once a month. I hate it, but it reminds to stay on track and check my eating. Don't let it get to you. You will start dropping again. It is just the body's way of adjusting to the weight loss.

http://www.dsfacts.c...or-plateau.html

Thank you!! This really helped me put it into perspective! :)

I completley agree! I am also 3 weeks out and I lost 9 pounds the first week, then 3 the past two weeks. Last week I gained 1.5lbs, and lost it, but do not count that loss of course. I think it was because of my period. Which came two weeks early too. i have heard that is an issue for a lot of people too.

I think 12lbs in 3 weeks sounds like a lot, and yes it is... however not when you consider I am following my dr's diet and exercise advice and others i see lose at least twice as much as this. I haven't lost since friday, and that is ok if it is just gonna be a few pounds a week, that is great in a year from now... but I get how you feel right now... just seems like we are doing something wrong, but i know I am not and just have to tell myself to have patience.

Afterall at 42, this weight came on after years and years of being unmotivated, lazy, and hungry-lol... so it will take time to lose it I know! However despite what my doctor says, I am still hungry,... it is not gas pain, it is hunger! so this is still as hard as it ever was to diet, as I am just hungry!

Oh well.... all in due time...

Good luck to you on your journey as well.

Yes, stalls so frustrating. I had my first 3 week stall beginning at week 5. Then I had one every month. I'd stall for weeks, then lose several pounds very quickly. Someone asked my surgeon at a support meeting about stalls and all he said was yes they are frustrating and it's not clear why they happen when we eat so little food early on, but they do. Just stick with it.

Ugh. I know how you all feel. I have been stalled for a month now, with a 3 lb gain in the middle of it. I am starting to get so frustrated. I had read and read on here about stalls, knew they would happen, and would feel bad for people who were stalled but wondered why they were upset when they had to know it was temporary. It's TOTALLY different when you're in the same boat....I have been EXTREMELY discouraged, to the point I am eating 'bad' and not coming here as often as I should. The biggest problem? I am NOT losing inches, either :( So I am really, really down. I logically know it's temporary, know I will lose weight again, but it's so hard emotionally. We have been so abused by diet failure after diet failure....our little fragile minds are all twisted up and we think we're done lsoing weight, when we know we aren't.

I just gotta say, I hate this. I really do. And I haven't reached out on here yet cause I know everyone will tell me it's temporary, and I need to exercise and drink my Water, and not eat carbs, or shock my body, or stand on my head and chant three times (just kidding! :wub: :wub: I so love everyone!!) but I know all that myself. I just need the scale to move again. I know it will....just so tired of waiting FOR A MONTH!!!! I think it was Lissa (?) who had a six week stall? That's the longest I've seen...I think I may break her records. I may have to go ask on the board what the longest stall was...without inches lost.

SoontoBminimommy: Just read your post and hear the frustration about stalling. I had a long stall and thought I would not be losing any more weight, I knew it was irrational but felt fear that I was done losing. You have read about the explanations and it doesn't take the sting away from it. I am looking at it differently now, I want my body to take a breather so that it can adjust and heal itself. I also am staying away from the scale LOL. Hang in here and do what you've been doing and enjoy today, you are Rockin that Sleeve and it will happen. ;)

Thank You, Dorrie.....and wonderful article, Wi3hes!

I am in the same boat I did loose 3 pds and am 169 finally but jumps 3 pds so frustrating was at the stall 3-4 weeks just upped Protein and worked it I am afraid to look tomorrow :9 you guys are fantastic minimommy your great !

I have been stalled at 201 for 2.5 weeks. I also was prepared through reading, but it still is affecting me. It is the frustration of the stall and being so close to Onederland and not getting there day after day. I know it will move, but the weight loss is happening waaaaay slower than I anticipated with a surgical intervention.

I guess I'm not giving encouraging advice, but just wanted to say that I understand.

It's soooo frustrating, isn't it! I am 6 weeks out & I lost really quickly the 1st 3 weeks, then.....nothing!! For 3 weeks!! I went to an appt with my surgeon on Monday & even he seemed disappointed! Well on Wednesday I weighed myself & in those 2 days I'd lost 4 lbs. I was sooo excited to see the scale finally move I would have done cartwheels if I could lol!!

It can be super discouraging & in the past I would have quit & given up...thank God o couldn't this time! Stay the course sweetie & it will move I promise!! ((Hugs))