Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Find The Operation Stupid

Did you go to any classes before you had your surgery to be prepared and know what to do after your surgery. I just completed my three month program and am well informed with how it is going to be after my surgery. At 40 days, I will still be on soft foods. When you start your regular foods, you should introduce one at a time because of intolerances. You cannot tolerate certain foods any more. You probably started the regular foods to early...try going back to soft for a little while. Sorry that you feel the surgery is stupid, maybe you weren't ready for such a drastic change.

i am a medical student and dont need a doctor to tell me what to eat , but its my 40th day and i thought i can atleast swallow meat . I can eat crisps and Snacks easily . im loosing weight which makes me happy but i wish if i can eat normal.

i am a medical student and dont need a doctor to tell me what to eat , but its my 40th day and i thought i can atleast swallow meat . I can eat crisps and Snacks easily . im loosing weight which makes me happy but i wish if i can eat normal.

Yes you may be a medical student buy I'm a licensed marriage and family therapist and can tell you that you don't know what your talking about. As a medical student, you would have researched this surgery and learned more about how your stomach is not able to handle the foods your eating. Oh wait a minute, you are eating what we call sliders with no nutritional value actually.

Please call your surgeon's office and set up a consult with the doc about the importance of diet. It would be highly beneficial.

Is this for real? Or are you trying to see how many people you can get to respond?

Seriously!!???? Is the op for real?

Edited by katzinms

i couldnt swallow the burger can you please read carefully ?

ground red meat is particularly difficult to digest, including from the mouth - yes, that's where digestion starts, in the mouth. Maybe the reason you couldn't swallow it is because you shouldn't be.

yeah I smell a troll - 700ml of orange juice every day would cause mouth sores from the acid. Not to mention, that's about 350 calores, 75 carbs and only about 6 grams of Protein. Not a wise choice. Med student or not, no one is this ridiculous

I find it amazing that there are people out there with nothing better to do than try to sabotage people that are trying to better their health - people they DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Are we being played into yet another stupid game? It's the "lets get the forum riled up so my topic can become hot game". All of us who have success with this surgery know the real truth behind the surgery, we don't need to fall into this game to try to convince anyone. . . good luck to you so called "medical student". . . eat and drink all the sh. . . t you want !

Hamany, I'm a doctor and still took all of my surgeon's advice, and did all the research possible. You cannot use your being a medical student as an excuse for not taking care of your health.

You, of all people, should understand that orange juice does not give you a well balanced diet with Proteins, and will not sustain you. If you can drink liquids, focus on Protein drinks instead.

Crisps and crunchy Snacks are easy for all sleeve patients to eat, because they do not expand in the stomach and slide right through. The sleeve is a TOOL to help us make better food choices, not a quick fix to our obesity. We still have to maintain discipline and be careful with your nutrition.

All the best to you and continue to use this forum to educate yourself about your new sleeve.

Hamany, I'm a doctor and still took all of my surgeon's advice, and did all the research possible. You cannot use your being a medical student as an excuse for not taking care of your health.

You, of all people, should understand that orange juice does not give you a well balanced diet with Proteins, and will not sustain you. If you can drink liquids, focus on Protein Drinks instead.

Crisps and crunchy Snacks are easy for all sleeve patients to eat, because they do not expand in the stomach and slide right through. The sleeve is a TOOL to help us make better food choices, not a quick fix to our obesity. We still have to maintain discipline and be careful with your nutrition.

All the best to you and continue to use this forum to educate yourself about your new sleeve.

its not rocket science , google the food and the Vitamins and thats it.

Are we being played into yet another stupid game? It's the "lets get the forum riled up so my topic can become hot game". All of us who have success with this surgery know the real truth behind the surgery, we don't need to fall into this game to try to convince anyone. . . good luck to you so called "medical student". . . eat and drink all the sh. . . t you want !

I didnt ask for your opinion and i dont care if you dont believe a word i say

Hamany, tera ana mithlik imsawe el 3amaliya. Sarly al7een 3 months bs ghal6an takil cheeseburger min awalha. O mithlik ana a7ib el fast food bs 3a6ah wagt.

Stick to a healthy diet plan, give yourself at least a few months to lose the weight and then consider what you want to eat.

Deer balik la i9eer feeh leakage tera el imoor et9eer very complicated wenta eb ghina 3an hal shay.

Imwafag inshalah wetha tabe ayeshay dezly private message or email me.

Ana nizalt 32kg eb 3 months.

Hamany, tera ana mithlik imsawe el 3amaliya. Sarly al7een 3 months bs ghal6an takil cheeseburger min awalha. O mithlik ana a7ib el fast food bs 3a6ah wagt.

Stick to a healthy diet plan, give yourself at least a few months to lose the weight and then consider what you want to eat.

Deer balik la i9eer feeh leakage tera el imoor et9eer very complicated wenta eb ghina 3an hal shay.

Imwafag inshalah wetha tabe ayeshay dezly private message or email me.

Ana nizalt 32kg eb 3 months.

hala walla , ya5ok mo gadr abl3 shy , eli hni fahmen 3'ala6 ana mo gadr abl3 shy abi shy ynzl kla 5ayf o tlo3 chabdi , fa yatni el 7ara ini ashtry shy ana knt a7ba bs ma gdar abl3 shy mnha o kanat 93'eera 7ail happy meal burger mn burger king . shno emailk dzli eyah private law tgdar mashkoor.

Can the administrators delete this thread? Mel:)

Can the administrators delete this thread? Mel:)

why its a freedom of speech ?

Horrible thread, yet evidence that the sleeve is just a tool. Please be kind to each other. Remember it takes time to heal you did just have major surgery. Also remember you didn't get to be big all of a sudden it was years and years of bad habits that you should learn to change. Fake or not fake this person is simply asking for help and understanding from us all who have at some point gone through a similar stage. Remember there is a healthier way to eat, that I would highly recommend you check into, but only if that is your choice. I will promise to you this one thing if it is meat you crave you will be able to eat it. Just possibly not this close out of surgery. I don't want to rub it in your face, but I went on a lovely dinner date this past weekend and was able to have a great piece of steak. Yes, in a smaller portion than normal. You will be able to eat anything you want sooner or later right. Forcing it though will only keep your bad eating habits at hand and that could sabatoge your life style change later on. The weight loss will stop or come to a stop and sooner than you think. Try to take advantage of the fantastic choice you have made to have your surgery. It is one you won't regret if you make the most of it. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S.

If you want to do it your way and want meat try a different kind. Maybe a softer summer sausage, some pepperoni, maybe some turkey Snacks, or even cornbeef, tis the season of the irish, is a bit easier than ground beef. This stage is only temporary believe me or not you will find out yourself in time.

P.P.S

Remember everyone is entilted to their opinion and that is simply what it is. Your opinion. We are free to all share how we feel on here, but remember this is the place many of us come for support. The good and the bad can be shared, but let's remember to be kind in our responses to each other. We all want the same thing here respectively.