Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits, It's August!!!!

Hey Alison, I didn't realize it snowed in Africa! Does that happen very often or is it a really freaky thing like when we get snow here in Florida?

I understand what you mean about the family. I asked for their support too, but I didn't want to feel like I was having every bite monitored. Before I had my first fill and wasn't losing I told everyone that I appreciate their support, but it was a bit overwhelming and put too much pressure on me. I told them I need to do this my way, and basically, even though it may sound mean or selfish, what I really need from them is just the compliments, lol. I want them to tell me if they notice the weight loss. And, when I weigh myself on Sunday morning and have a loss and tell them, I want to hear a big "Woo Hoo" from them.

Well, everyone, I had my port revision yesterday. I was there at 11:30 and they got backed up in surgery and I didn't get in until late afternoon. I am feeling pretty good though, it wasn't too big a deal. But I did toss and turn a lot last night and not get much sleep. Plus, I am sore today, so I decided to take it easy, stay home from work and recover on the couch today with my laptop.

I think all of us April bandsters are doing great and it is wonderful that we are all continuing to support one another. I like exchanging recipies, although I think I will pass on anything that involves spinach, lol.

Susan, I'm so glad your port revision went smoothly and that you're not feeling too under the weather. Let us know how the recovery goes and we're all thinking about you.

For recipes, I do a lot of stirfry! Sugar snap peas, Water chestnuts and baby corn (the kind that is more like a pickle than corn) all chopped up and stir fried with Pam in the wok with soy sauce and ginger. YUM. You'd hardly know it's a vegetable, and less than 50 cals/cup to boot (and I rarely eat a cup).

For Protein, if I don't feel like really cooking (or adding tofu to my stirfry -- a girl can only eat so much tofu) I have found Mrs. Paul's "Healthy" fish sticks. 170 cals for SIX sticks and lots of Protein (lightly breaded but baked not fried). I usually just cook 4. So easy and not at all fishy.

Also, if anyone has an Applebee's, the Chili Lime Tilapia meal for 310 calories is a DREAM. It makes 2-3 meals for me and is super tasty. I had it when visiting a friend in Albany and it was like $8.99. I got back to Manhattan and it's $14.99 here for the same thing! Then again, it does make 3 meals....

Susan: soooo happy (& relieved) to find out that your port revision went well!!! Yayyyy!!!!

Hey Eva....u should consider changing your avatar to that beeeeeeeeeooooootiful pic you have of yourself!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hello Yoda,

in the avatvar its me as well and I guess it just says it all :-)) lol

I want to talk to the whole world:-)

Hi Girls......

I have been in a funk and not wanting to post anything lately. I FINALLY this morning saw 226!! I have been stuck around 230 for almost a month!! Hopefully I am on the downhill spiral. It sounds like you are all doing well and it's refreshing to read that we all share the same struggles with this band.

JulieNYC: loosing weight on a BIrthday vacation is AWESOME!! I to have to switch to a morning workout since I start back to work on Monday. (high school teacher and my summer is OVER :phanvan ) My goal is 5am, so I don't have to stay away from my kids any longer than I already am. We will see how long I last.

Susan: I am glad to hear that your surgery went well. Sometimes I wonder myself if my port might have slipped. My problem is I am pretty sure I need a fill!

I don't know if any of you are low on energy, but I found a AWESOME energy drink. It only has 8 calories, and it has NO sugar, NO carbs and you can get it with NO caffeine. It is called XS, I get it from a trainer at my gym. It does have carbonation, he told me to either drink it warm or open it and let it sit for an hour and then pour it over ice. It doesn't taste yucky and it works!! I do have new found energy with my weight loss, but I still find myself tired around 3pm! I have two little ones and sometimes they are hard to keep up with.

off the subject...........this may be a stupid question but how are you guys posting pictures? I swear I am computer illerate when it comes to photos. I do have a digital camera. All I have done with it so far is take pictures. I have not printed or ordered anything yet. I would love to get my avaitor changed and get some pics on the before and after site, but I am embarrased to say that I am clueless!! Please help!!

Of course we are glad to have you here, my story is different from everyone elses, that is why I come in here to see if what my doc says is normal with the rest of you, as you probably heard I had to have a unfill, had a great dinner last nite with friends, but tonite can't seem to get my dinner down, a bit strange.

I leave New Zealand for an 8 day trip for work, all these new restrictions from the last week are a real pain for us that want to take our meals on board! I have had one fill, thought oh ok, can't eat a few things, thought I would get another bigger one, within a week I was in the surgeons asap, to deflate, I think we are all sensible people who can read the signs of what is good and what is bad!!!

I look at how much I have changed since April, when I would eat a bucket of Nachos with the works, no more!

I even went to the gym today, going to try and do 30 mins a day if nothing else, maybe later do weights.

Like I said before, you need to take notice of our experiences and then take them to your doctor, printed out and say, hey, lets try this................

Any new photos for us?

XX Amourette:clap2:

hey Amourette,I put some new pics on before and after thread:-)) its the last two pages of the thread:-)put your pics up as well:-))

Eficka is beautiful, reminds me so much of Nev Campbell.

Kristie, yes I can see a difference and I love the 2nd picture where it showcases your beautiful blue eyes and great smile.

I'm here all. April bandit, alive and well.

From my work trip, yes to many it won't sound like one, 2 nites Fiji Islands, 1 night Los Angeles, 36 hours Western Samoa, but I am glad to be home as it means being away from my family for 8 days........couldn't get on a computer this week, so glad to see our thread is going strong, although damn it is nearly another month gone by again!!!!!

For those who don't know me I am a flight attendant for my national airline, it has proved interesting having this op and the social barriers I have to face. Most of our hotels have buffets, or crew go out drinking and eating a lot. I find myself a lot tighter on flights, with an average flight day lasting 10 hours plus for me, it is only Soups and Protein Shakes on these days............I PB a lot on board, but I think this is part of the learning process. I am pleased with my progress, have dropped 2 dress sizes, people sometimes say something, but I was thinking after reading a few answers above, that people don't like to say things sometimes as weight is so personal.

well my week is going well...........oops not much exercise, but try tomorrow, hehehe I promise

Love Amourette!!!:D

Sheesh, it's almost September and I am not where I wanted to be in weight. Not bad for 4 months post op. As of today, I've lost 80lbs. Wooot!

Hi everybody, it is so good to see everyone is still hanging tuff and trying hard to work their band. I really can't say "why" I haven't been posting, some of the threads of others have turned me off, but I really should have kept up with you guys. Sorry. I had been doing real well losing 10#'s a month. Then came the dreaded plateau!!!! It lasted for a month and I was devastated especially after looking at the running totals for our April bandits. I know that realistically I can't expect to continue to lose 10#'s a month, but NO loss in a month stinks. Well... finally I dropped 5#'s this past week giving me a total weight loss of 40#'s since being banded on 4/24. I wish it could be more but I haven't been doing much in the way of exercise. Walking only occasionally 2x a week. I have a problem with my right knee which doesn't help, plus I've just gotten lazy!!! I'm debating joining Curves. Anyone out there have any experience with them?

Susan, glad your port revision went well. Congratulations to all you BIG losers. Awesome job!!! Eva, you are a jaw dropping beauty. Amourette, thanks for keeping us connected!! I think we should start some kind of challenge just for April bandits to spark up our weight loss; especially since some of us have turned into turtles or are dealing with plateaus.

Hugs to everyone!!

Roberta

I think we should start some kind of challenge just for April bandits to spark up our weight loss; especially since some of us have turned into turtles or are dealing with plateaus.

That's a great idea. Maybe a September challenge? Or a "by the holidays" challenge? I vote for a shorter challenge, like one month. I have a hard time staying on a super-challenge. Once I go off, I can't ever get back on....