Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits, It's August!!!!

Well, I was on vacation for a week and ate literally everything I wanted. It was my birthday week too and I ate the icing off of about 6 cupcakes over the week (no cupcake itself as I don't like it and it's probably not band friendly). Anyway, I was ready to come home and face the scale and low and behold, everything I wanted still let me lose 5 lbs in the 10 days I was gone. WOOHOO! (No worries, I'm back on a good eating plan of Protein and veggies now....)

My other news is that I'm trying hard to move my gym time to the mornings. I've never been able to do that in the past, but I'm giving it my best for 6 weeks, then I'll see how I feel about it for the long term. If I wait to the evening, I just feel like I have no time for anything else. by the time I leave work (around 7 or 8) and get to the gym, it's well past 9 before I get home, so dinner, bath and bed is all I have time for. I'm trying to do it in the morning so that I can get home and have dinner by 8 then have a few hours before bed to do things I want to do. We'll see how it goes.

Eficka, you're a GODDESS. I'm still pissed that they won't fill you for a while (what in the heck is the point of a band with no fill!!) but I'm glad you're making it work for you.

Susan, I'm so sorry about your port flip. Had you noticed something was up before you went in for that fill, or was it a complete surprise to you?

LapBandit, a hearty congratulations on Twoterville!

Julie, you went on vacation and still managed to lose, that is awesome! I hope your new plan for the gym goes well. I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning to go to work, let alone work out. Fortunately for me though, I am home by 5:30 so have plenty of time to exercise, fix dinner, help kids with homework and hang out with the family.

I had no idea about my port. My first fill went great, he was able to get right in with no problems. On my second, nothing would happen and that is when we learned it had flipped. So, off to surgery tomorrow for a revision. I am anticipating everything will go well. And, he is going to give me a fill during the surgery too, which I am really looking forward to because I need one bad!

Hi Everyone,

I also have been having problems losing and getting enough restriction. My Doc thinks I'm filled up enough, but I knew I wasn't. On the other hand, I do have first bite syndrome really bad. I have to drink something warm before I eat anthing. Luckily today, the swallow showed that I do not have very much restriction so hopefully I can get another fill soon. I am still where I was right after surgery. DEPRESSING!!!!

Susan, I will be thinking about you. Let us know how everything comes out. Take care!

SUSAN: good luck tomorrow!!!!!!

Julie: Awesome about the loss on your holiday!!! Woot! Woot!

Hi everyone.

It's good to catch up with everyone and see that us April bandsters are doing well. I'm feeling great. Went for my third fill on August 8th and now I'm up to 7 cc's in a 10cc band. I asked the doctor for a small fill and he put in 1/2 cc. Well, the first day or two was great but by day three - wow major restriction. I couldn't eat anything without the flaming golf ball feeling. It only lasted about 10 minutes but it sure felt like hours and it sure wasn't a pleasant experience. I actually had my first and only PB on a Lean Cuisine meal of honey mustard chicken and green Beans. I probably ate half of it then the misery started. I had been sliming for days before it happened and I decided to call yesterday to schedule a small unfill but miraculously the swelling subsided and I can eat again in small amounts but no more golf balls - ouch! I think it was the ice cream I had Sunday night that helped to get rid of the swelling :biggrin1:. It's been a wonderful 24 hours. My sister finally decided to bypass her insurance (she is waiting to hear on her third appeal) and self-pay. She had her surgery on August 4th. I liked it better being on this side of the hospital bed. It does seem like it was soooo long ago that I was in the exact same position.

I lost a little over 5 pounds between my second and third fill which was 4 weeks time. I have been working so hard around the house taping, spackling, painting, moving furniture because I was having new floors laid in two bedrooms and the hallway, painting, painting and did I mention painting. I still have to finish the kitchen which is 3/4 done and the bathroom and then my room but I don't ever want to see another paint brush, roller or can of paint for a long, long time. I really thought I sweated off more than that, but I'll take the 5 pounds. I really need to start an exercise program, but I can't find the free time lately.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. By this time next year, watch out world for us April bandsters! Keep up the good work. Good luck Susan on your port revision. Heal well and fast. Amourette, I sure hope you are feeling better and Eficka - wow do you look fantastic!!!!!!!!!

sO HAPPY THAT THIS 66 YEAR YOUNG GRAMMY FOUND THIS BAND (SOMEONE DROPPED IT ON THE STREET) AND LO AND BEHOLD 37 LBS ARE GONE FOREVER! YIPPEE............i'M BELOW 200 LBS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS. CONTINUED GOOD LOSSES FOR US ALL..............AND HEALTHY YEARS TO COME.

BETTY FROM LAKE OSWEGO, OR

4/7/06, DR. NEAL IN OLYMPIA, WA

234/197/134

Hi everyone, I am feeling so much better from the day before, I even went to the gym today..............took my 1 yr old buddy to the park and my niece even said my name over the phone. I am back and focused, having a healthy dinner tonite I was thinking about Alison B tonite, we haven't heard from her for ages, has anyone else heard anything?

Efficka, how are u today???

XX Love to you all:clap2:

April Bandits what is our goal for August /September maybe we need some more focus, I feel sad we don't share our recipes and diets as such, we are at differect stages of stabilising but I would like to learn more.

My diet consists of refriend Beans, salsa . sour cream and guacomole, not good, tonite is salmon and spinach leave, yeah it's sucks and not looking forward to it, but this is suppose to be good surely?

Julie-they say that the point is to have everything healed before first fill.But I dont think that I have to wait like 6 months from the op.Maybe they are waiting for my weight loss to stop and then I will get a fill.Have no idea.I went couple of times to the support group and not many of them have had a fill and if they had they only got one.And we all here have the 11cc bands!!they even asked for another fill but were turned down.I guess its just different here.

Amourette, Im great and I sent you PM:-)Hey I love salmon and spinach leaves its like my favourite meal!!Its delicious, what I do is I bake some chicken then cut it into pieces cook spinach leaves on a bit of olive oil add some garlic, soft cheese(if you put only a bit then use full fat one it gives the leaves great taste)wait till the cheese melts add the chicken and you have delicious dinner.

Lately Im on salads cause its quite hot here and I cant eat proper meals.But I make ice lettuce (dont know if the expression is the right one, but its crispy and not bitter) cut tomatoes on it and add chicken in mustard and mayo(its not dressing its just half tbs of mayo and another half tbs of mustard, just to give the chicken some taste)

I eat that salad almost everyday:-))

Im not losing much lately,I kinda dont have any motivation and Im being terrible with excercising.But its like 1-1,5kilos a month.Which is not that great but keep in mind I dont have any fill and Im hungry all the time:-)

My long term goal is to be 97kgs in middle October, cause we have high school reunion:-))

Hey Guys! All is well in sunny South Africa except it is SNOWING! First time in my life time...but nothing surprises me anymore..hehe.

I have not been posting or even reading post lately because i have felt such a failure. I kept seeing your guys weight just drop off - day after day - and i was being left behind. I could not relate to PB's, sliming, restriction because i did not have any of the above. I did not think i had a band...!

I saw my doc on Friday and said what's up Doc!! He filled me to 3.5cc and now i get it...! Eventually! What a relieve! Hopefully now i can work WITH the band and start loosing again. (I did not pick up any of the initial weight loss but was not losing.)

U guys are all doing so awesome! I am sooo chuffed for you. I was feeling very sorry for myself but am getting a life now - promise!!

Here's to a great month and lots of losses!!

Love

Alison

It snows in South Africa, what region are u again!!!

WE ARE SO PLEASED to hear from you as hadn't heard in ages and u are the sth Africa protocol. so how are you feeling, any probs you wanna share as most of us are having them, and trying to figure out what we want for this, PM, if you can't quite get where you are,, I think my surgeon is so sick of me, but hey, we pay a lot for it!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are still in out realms, any help you need, ho9w are you feeling about the whole thing, love to hear even if privately

Love Amourette (my days are up and down so now miracles here, but don't regret!)

amourette: glad u are feeling better!!!!

Alisonb: you silly gal!!!! glad you are back!!! don't compare yourself to ANYONE.....got it??? I have learned not to do that too! BTW, for the record, I'm still a PB virgin and hope to remain that way!!!!

You are one of our big main April Bandsters, don't forget a lot of us are relying to hear back from you as you are the first one up that way to do this, and ask our advice before you go to that doctor, I am glad you are back, tell us how it is going it is good to hear about it and put you right about what our docs here in US, NZ, and Australia are dong!!!!

so stay, and write more often!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have been feeling really quilty as my mom gave me the money for the op and there has been no results. I am still only down 16lbs as from 4 weeks after op. I did not have restriction so have been eating all wrong - i know...all my own doing!! I take full responsibility!! Now (last 5 days) i can feel the effect of the band for first time and i am really happy - also sad that i have wated so much time - if that makes sence at all!! haha - what a nutcase!!

I have all the support in the world from my family but resent them asking how it is going and have i lost any more weight and what am i eating and when am i going to exercise - is that not bizarre! I begged them to support me and now i just want everyone to shut up...I hate that i feel like this but there it is!

Thank you for thinking about me....you have no idea what that means to me at this stage, thank you....

Ali