Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Was Sleeved On 02/22/12.

The surgery itself was fast. I was in and out of surgery. I had the best recovery. I had relatively no pain till day 3. It takes at least one hour to eat my food. I have been having lots of gas. Feels weird... Anyone else having these symptoms?

I have been draining some in my large incision...Has anyone experienced this?

I am glad to hear you are sleeved! Welcome to the gang! When I first started out, it took me awhile to eat as well. The liquid diet was easiest but when I started encorportating real food, it took me a good while...like 45 mins to an hour. Just wanted to be safe I guess. The gas comes and goes, so no worries. You will discover some foods give you more than others...just take not of what bothers you most. As for the drainage, I never had to change any other bandage than my drain bandage...that I changed for at least a week post op. I wish you well and as they say here in Norway, god bedring (get well soon)

Rob

Hiya. I had my surgery on 26/02/12. It is taking me around 45 min to finish half cup of broth. Sometimes longer. I am adding yogurt to my food tomorrow will see how it goes.

Hi Rob. I have been to Norway 4 times already. Trondheim and Oslo. what a beautiful country. good luck with your weight loss.

Are you feeling hungry after the surgery. I am starving for food. My friend said it is stomach acid but medication is not helping and I am worried I will have the same during solid food stage.

Drainage is fine. Especially from the excision site. In a week from now you'll be good. Watch as you transition to more solid foods not to overdo it. You may get those dreaded "slimes". Not too bad but mostly annoying ealy warning system telling you to stop eating.

Neosporin is the best. Drainage is slowing. I am really pacing my eating. I am getting used to my new limitations fast. I am really starting to feel good.

Congrats!!!! I was sleeved on 2/17/12 and I didn't have drainage. I had five incisions with dermabond and they're healing fine. I do have pain from my largest incisions. I can't tell when I'm satisfied bc we are not supposed to be full but I can tell when I'm full and it's too late bc the food is painful in my ribcage! Ugh! I had gas pain for 1 or 2 days. Gas X thin strips and walking helps tremendously! Good luck to you!!!

Well I was informed that I had a seroma around my largest incision. Dr Umbach drained alot of the Fluid. It feels so much better. He told me to come back so he can verify that it's going down. He is truely the best. He also said he is releasing me to work out.

I was sleeved on the same day as you. I was in a lot of pain, so I've been taking my pain meds. I hear about how folks are off meds after three or four days. Not me. It felt like my ribs were bruised. Now that I'm two weeks out, I feel better. I've lost about 20 lbs since pre-op liquid diet. I feel smaller. After surgery, my stomach looked like I was six month pregnant due to all the gas, but now that is a small concern. I had drains for two days and they were taken out. My insisions are healing fine, although one is not as smooth as others. I can't eat much. I struggle to get Protein in. For a few days, I "cheated" and went to Jamba juice and had them make me Protein shakes. I've learned to make them myself now with frozen fruit from the store, juice, and unflavored Protein. I guess I shouldn't have the acidic juices, but they have really helped me to get the protein in.

So to answer your question (sorry so long....)

I have been wasting a lot of food because I can't finish them. I thrown away about 10 creamy Soups because I was only able to drink about 1/4 or less of them. I'm trying but with the drinking of Water and Protein drinks, its hard to get the creamy Soups down.

Have your taste buds changed?

Everything is grossly too sweet (even sugar free things) or nasty to me now.