Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time Of The Month During Your Surgery?

I woke up in the hospital next day with my period. And I have not had one in years! (have an IUD) :)

The thought of the whole catheter and having it at the same time kind of thing embarrasses me for whatever reason.

I'm like clockwork and mine was supposed to start the day after surgery. Well, my body decided not to have it, which made me happy. Unfortunately, now there is MORE pain, bloating, and cramps...but that only lasts a few days, and I wouldn't trade this surgery for anything! If you do start, honey don't even worry about it, I'm sure they've seen it all, and in the large scheme of things, that's nothing! Best of Luck!

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you asked that question . . . I was just thinking about that today. My surgery is scheduled for April 4 and of course, that's when it's my time of the month. Hopefully, my nerves will delay it or maybe even come early, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not liking the idea of having it, but what am I going to do. Good luck to you!!

Well my period always came like clock work due on the 12 th of feb and guess what it came on feb 22 and my surgery was was this week on feb 27 I am a heavy bleeder and last usually 5 to 6 days. So on what was to be my last of the days I had surgery embarrassment took over as I went in pre op room to prepare for surgery. My nurse Judy asked when my last menstrual was and I told I was currently on it. She gave me a pair of disposable panties much like the ones I had after having my boys and a pad. I wore it through surgery and woke up with them on so it didn't obstruct anything I guess. But I was placed on blood thinners which then prolonged me ending for 3 extra days. It was embarrassing at times for me since my husband had to wipe me but I got over that quickly its part of life and "through sickness and health" lol he made it through that horrific task of changing me.

When they wheeled me into the room right after the surgery the nurses said I just started. They said that the stress of the surgery could bring it on. I was like "Oh great." It's no big deal.

of course Tom visited my day of surgery. Yep they gave me the big old pads (YUCK) but the Morphine makes you forget all the cramps....don't stress not a big deal

Met my doctor's goal the other day!!! About 5 lbs from my personal goal now!!!

LOVE the sleeve!!!

Thanks for the replies if that does happen I don't think ill feel as embarrassed..oddly enough I was more concerned with that then the surgery itself

I woke up in the hospital next day with my period. And I have not had one in years! (have an IUD) :)

Did this affect your weight loss at all?

Mine started the day before surgery--same as the others, they gave me these mesh-like panties and a pad and it was all good. No worries, they've seen it all ;)

Same as some of the others, I started the day before. As embarrassing as it may seem or be, you'll be fine. I too received the mesh panties and pads. It was just awkward using the restroom with the IV, stand and pain, but doable.

Good luck!

Mine started a couple of days after surgery. It was annoying, but not terrible.

Anyone have their period during surgery? Im freaked out at the thought of it

I had surgery on 3/5 and to my surprise my period came early and ended a few days before surgery! Although the day after surgery I got a light period and it has been with me since! Not heavy or cramping just enough to annoy me and wish it would go back away ;)

So glad I found this post. I came on yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I've been neevous thinking they were going to tell me to come back when all was clear.