Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Constitutes Being A Slow Loser?

I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow and have lost a total of 11 lbs since surgery as of today. Does this make me a slow loser? I dont know if I should include the 14 lbs of IV Fluid that it took me 8 days to lose also once I got home? What consititutes being considered a "slow loser" and is there anything to kick it into a higher gear?

My husband keeps screaming (not really but he is stressing this) that I need to stay away from the scales this early and relax. I understand his point but really, isnt this what everyone wants to see and report? I am obsessed with the scales and it is driving me nuts! I am trying to weigh every 3-4 days and report on my ticker every 10 days.

I can already tell a difference in some of my clothes... I have been squeeeeeeezing into my work pants (16's) for months and months and now they fit nicely without cutting my circulation off. :)

Thanks y'all! :)

I'm with your hubby! Step away from the scale! It is already driving your crazy! You need to put the scale in a time out zone and leave it there. You are having unrealistic expectations in losing weight. You didn't gain it over night, and you won't lose it over night. We all have different speeds of losing weight and you will loose it! Trust me. Enjoy today and embrace the new life style changes you are bringing into your life. Watch how you are changing each day at a time.

Don't get sucked into that scale and the #'s. You are doing great and you have a very supportive hubby. Enjoy what you have today, not tomorrow. Take 1 day a time. ;)

I would not call anyone a slow looser - there are just too many variables to everyone's invividual needs and other factors.

Get in a little exercise everyday if possible. Don't focus on the scales - really truly that is not what this time if for if you really want to be successful in the long term.

Note and correct your bad habits - your triggers and blocks, etc. Just keep doing your best - the weight would come off with or without the scale...

Thank you Dorrie and Pookey! :)

It is crazy how I read and know i shouldnt be weighing myself and judging myself this early in the game but i am still doing it! I am going to put the scale in my husband's bathroom and let him have it!

I am walking the dogs mostly everyday and sometimes twice a day while I am off of work. I want to start going to the YMCA but havent gotten the courage to go there yet. I have to make sure before I start spending money that i am going to stick with it. (husband's words actually!)

Thanks again!!! Sometimes I just need that daily dose of kick in the butt from the people that know what I am going through! (But I wont tell my husband that and hurt his feelings!)

I too am 3 weeks po and have lost 10.5lbs! I feel like its nothing compared to those I know and those here I read about.

Sorta depresses me but I too have told myself to stay away from the scale.

I know I'm following my dr's food and exercise advice so eventually things will start moving for me, they have to!!!!;-)

Hang in there and lets hope we can move past this and into the next phase.

;-)