Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never ever thought I would have this concern for myself but I am getting a tiny bit concerned/curious. I am getting sleeved April 25 (yay!!!) and I am at the lower end of the bmi chart... Need to lose about 70-80lbs. My Dr told me i could possibly lose 100 lbs by 1 yr... Has anyone ever lost to much wt? i know that's crazy to think of haha. My Dr also said i could lose my curves... any thoughts??? thanks guys!!

Anything is possible, but the sleeve procedure is quite flexible in that regard - you can readily add calories when you want to, to the degree that some fail because of it. It is easy to drink calories since liquids don't offer much, if any, restriction and many foods are "sliders" - so called because they slide right on thru the sleeve with little restriction, while other foods, dense meats in particular, sit in the stomach for an extended time while the stomach works on breaking them down before allowing them to proceed to the intestines. So, by altering the composition of your diet, it is fairly easy to tailor the amount of calories that you consume.

I was also a relative lightweight, with 90-100lb to lose and was also concerned about a large overshoot on the loss front, which is why I went with the VSG over the DS - which offers better regain resistance, but can be harder to stop when you get to goal due to its malabsorptive component. It was fairly easy to start adding more calories as I approached my goal (particularly since that was right around the holidays!) I added back the morning snack that I dropped after the first month or two post-op, increased the fat content thru more avocado in my salads, lowfat rather than skim milk in the Protein loaded puddings that I make, more whole grain breads here and there, so that now I'm consuming 1800 calories or so per day rather than 1100 when I was losing.

Also, it's not unusual, or particularly undesireable, to overshoot the mark some as there is inevitably some bounce back after losing so rapidly - most natural systems will do that to some degree, unless they are very slow moving ("overdamped", in engineering vernacular - our bodies are often like a car with bad shocks, bouncing around some before settling at its' new level.)

I also started as a "lightweight" in regards to WLS. I had 80 lbs to lose and I've lost 75 so far. I still have my curves. In fact, they're more defined and feminine now than when I was 225 lbs. I have curvy hips and my boobs stayed the same size too. My smaller waist and strap size on my bra have actually made my boobs look bigger, in fact.

As for losing too much, I would worry about that when you get to goal. 145 lbs is my goal and I'm probably going to try to go a little lower because of the "bounce back" as RickM said. I'm very happy with my size, but the desire is there to go lower!

There's always the possibility of going overboard on the weight loss, of course. I'm only 7 months post-op so I'm by no means an expert on the matter.