Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today is my one year surgivesary, and I celebrated with Cookies, cakes, candies, pizza, garbage plates, chicken wings, and ice cream Sundays! LOL

Or maybe I celebrated with a 3 miles run, bought myself a new bicycle so I could do a sprint triathlon this spring, as well as re joining the CrossFit gym.

One year total loss of 151 lbs, most of it was lost in the first 6 months, its been slow since then. From 326 lbs on March 1, 2011 to 175lbs on March 1st, 2012.... Not bad if I say so myself. Who would have ever thought a last March that I would be in shape enough to be considering being able to do a half triathlon by the end of this summer?

All I can say DAMN I am proud of me! I could care less if the few people I told about the surgery discount all the hard work and gym hours I have put in because I had the surgery. Fact is, none of them are even close to in shape enough to think about running to the car in a parking lot, and I running three miles on whim.

I really shouldn't make comments like that, but I do occasionally get tired of hearing, "well of course you lost weight, you had surgery!" I have given up on explaining that it wasn't the surgery alone that made me lose 140 lbs in 6 or 7 months, and reminding these people that while they we sitting on the couch eating pizza, I was at the gym, running, lifting, biking, and going to crossfit. Wow how did I turn what was going to be such a positive post into a screw those people post, sorry bout that.

Anyway, long story short, I'm loving life right now, and looking forward to an awesome summer. I will say to anyone on the fence about getting the sleeve, JUST DO IT! The sleeve has changed my life, and I am forever grateful for it. My only regret was not doing it sooner, and I kinda regret telling the few people I did tell.

I would to thank all the people on this awesome forum that helped me out answering questions, and giving guidance as I needed it.

post-5401-13813658320337_thumb.jpg post-5401-1381365832104_thumb.jpg

WOW! What an amazing job you have done rockin' your sleeve. I only hope I am as focused as you have been. Congrats!

Yay for you!!!! I love reading stories like yours. It is a lot of hard work mentally and physically to get to where you are. I am only a few weeks out and feeling better than I have in years. I hope I am where you are in a year.. Great Job!!!

OMG, what a drastic difference! Awesome!

Fantastic results. What an inspiration for us all!

Talk about transformation! WOW! You've done an AWESOME job, warrior68! And yeah - screw those who do not see how much hard work has gone into this inspiring weight loss journey! :)

I have been so reluctant in hitting the gym coz I've never been good with exercising. Seeing your pics has inspired me! I guess any time I think of quitting exercise, I'll just have to look at your before-after pic!!

HOLY MOLY! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for you!!!! I love reading stories like yours. It is a lot of hard work mentally and physically to get to where you are. I am only a few weeks out and feeling better than I have in years. I hope I am where you are in a year.. Great Job!!!

I am only 5 days out...feeling ok, but need to get the move on and really would like to run a 5k in Disney by October! I have to have a goal to work towards, but feel with stories like this one i can! Merydia710: how are you doing? Where from? Mom of 1? Tell everyone? I, too, am a mom. I have a 3.5 and 5 yr old! Supportive husband, but still scared of what comes after the first couple weeks! I haven't told anyone but my husband and one sister. The judgement and opinions before surgery, were just not what I needed to keep my drive going and now, feel the same. People will judge and not give me credit for my hard work, just hard to keep the secret and when weight drops and people start noticing, what to say?

What awesome work! Congratulations on your success and what an inspiration for me to get to my workouts more frequently. :)

I totally agree -- your results aren't just due to the surgery. You have put forth the hard work, and your effort is clearly evident. :)

Congrats and Happy Sleevisversary! You look fabulous darlin'! And so what about the naysayers: they are out there. I don't let it worry me. I know what it takes to succeed and for me it has included being accountable for what I eat and drink and getting off my butt even though exercise is so not my favorite thing.

Enjoy your success - you earned it the hard way!

Lynda

Woot!! I even called my mom to the computer to show her your pictures! She is very impressed and so am I! You are thin AND fit!! That is the best. Thanks for motivating me. Congratulations!

Wow your change is amazing!!! Congrats!!! I bet you are feeling great!! Thank you so much for inspiration to keep going !! Outstanding job!

Looking great! Congratulations to you. You earned the celebration.