Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill too Tight?

:help: I had my second fill about 2 months ago. When I eat I get the slime in my mouth for about 15 min. It is very annoying it doesn't happen evey time but alot of the time. Is anyone else familiar with this. I'm trying to decide on an unfill or not my weight hasn't changed much since my fill. I read about this awhile ago but it didn't concern me at the time. Now I'm going through it and need some input

Thank You,

Becky:confused: :confused:

I don't have any experience with this (yet) but could you explain what you mean by slime in your mouth?

I went to the dentist yesterday and she said I salivated a lot more than the normal person (it's like a fountain in there!) and I wonder if this has something to do with the surgery...

I had the same problem after my second fill. I was OK for the first couple of weeks then slimming and then I got to the point that I could only get liquids down. I was too tight. Don't let it get to that point. On the other hand are you drinking something warm before your meal? Small bites? And Chewing about 30 times? If you are doing all of those things you could be too tight and I would try a bit of an unfill. Good luck.

Thanks for your input. Today I tried drinking a bit of Water after I ate, so far nothing today. Slime, seems to be your mouth produces lots of saliva in your mouth but it is slimey not just saliva:clap2:

I am having a similar problem. Yesterday I got sick twice after eating soft foods. My doctor said that it should get better, we'll see. I haven't had a slime problem unless something truly gets stuck, then it's a big issue. Good luck :eek:

you shouldnt be sliming on a daily basis. sometimes but not daily!

i would try the warm liquids to help 'lube' you. also the food you are eating may need to be 'dipped' in something saucey, also like the other poster said make sure you are chewing the HECK out of your food. whatever you are doing now add abouit 10- 15 more chews. if you are still sliming after all that then maybe ask for a .1 unfill.

you want to be able to eat comfortably at every meal. but you also want the portions to be under control!

Shelly thank you for your info, I'm going to try the warm liquid. I have been chewing pretty good. It is so funny how some does fine and other days not so good. I'm going on vacation next week and was trying to decide to get an unfill or not. I don't want to go to diner and have to hang out in the bathroom all night. Thank again, and good look to you

Becky :)

I recently had more fill put in under fluoroscopy (I'm at 1.5 cc's) and yesterday when I ate I'd feel the golf ball sensation going down, salivate like crazy, then vomit only my saliva/slim/whatever nastiness you wanna call it.

What am I doing wrong? What should I be eating right now? I need pointers.

I Too Feel That Way, I Had A Fill About A Month Ago And Everytime I Eat I Have To Spit Up! It Is So Annoying!! I Can Rarly Eat solid food And It's Weird Cause Some Days I Can Eat meats, Next Day I Can't! Am I Too Tight?? AND I GET HEADACHES WHEN I EAT, DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT I MEAN?