Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oregon Sleevers?

I just scheduled my surgery for October 10th with Dr. Patterson! I am so excited!!! I am a surgical nurse so I see surgery all the time (although we don't do Bariatric surgery at my hospital) but this is my first time having surgery :) I am also super excited to have Dr. Patterson because everyone I talk to tells me what a talented surgeon she is :)

I just scheduled my surgery for October 10th with Dr. Patterson! I am so excited!!! I am a surgical nurse so I see surgery all the time (although we don't do Bariatric surgery at my hospital) but this is my first time having surgery :) I am also super excited to have Dr. Patterson because everyone I talk to tells me what a talented surgeon she is :)

I think you made a great choice! Congratulations!!!

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

Hey Chris RN - I'm from Portland but I know there are a couple of people here from Eugene. Hoping2bdkinny is from Eugene and I think there is another gal here from that area.

Hey Chris RN - I'm from Portland but I know there are a couple of people here from Eugene. Hoping2bdkinny is from Eugene and I think there is another gal here from that area.

Could you let them know? Maybe they could give me some pointers and advice. I'm feeling "out there by myself" lately.

Hi Chris! I'm also from Portland but i just wanted welcome you.

:)

Hello! I am new to the forum but have been lurking a while. I recently decided to move forward with VSG. I live in the Portland area and am self pay.

Are any of you Patterson patients self pay? If yes' date=' do you what your total costs were? what was the timeframe from 1st appt to surgery with Dr Patterson?

If I can't afford her I may travel to Mexico. Did any of you Oregonians cross the border?

Does anyone have a PDX area WLS friendly PCP you can recommend?

Thanks![/quote']

Yes- I traveled to MX for my surgery :-) and was a self pay.

Surgery was May 15, I've lost 102 lbs so be then.

Happy to answer any questions for you.

:-)

I'm traveling back there this coming May for plastics

I went to MX to dr Aceves and I highly recommend him. His surgery costs more than other surgeons in Mexico, but he's worth every penny. The hospital he works out of is top notch.

I'm still pretty new to the forum but I wanted to say "hi!". I'm a Portlander though technically I live up in the 'Couve. Scheduled for surgery at OHSU in January. Excited and scared...which I think us pretty typical.

I'm still pretty new to the forum but I wanted to say "hi!". I'm a Portlander though technically I live up in the 'Couve. Scheduled for surgery at OHSU in January. Excited and scared...which I think us pretty typical.

Hi Woobs! I live in No Po- we're neighbors!

Congrats and keep if II!

Thanks Frza. Have you had your surgery yet?

Hey Woobs,

Welcome!! :) Congrats!! Have you been to any of the support groups? I am having my sleeve this year, the date is not yet decided!

Best,

Sannah

Yes, I had surgery 8/31. Down 40 lbs now and feeling great!

Yes' date=' I had surgery 8/31. Down 40 lbs now and feeling great![/quote']

Congrats :-)