Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oregon Sleevers?

Hi!!

I am in the Portland area!! Do you go to any local meetings? Like them?

Sannah ????

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi!!

I am in the Portland area!! Do you go to any local meetings? Like them?

Sannah dde04

Hi Sannah,

I live in Portland and am looking for a support group to join. Is there one you are attending?

I'm in Portland too. Maybe we start our own support group?

We could certainly do that! Are you post-op? I would be especially interested in meeting with folks in al stages of the process: pre-op, newly sleeved and veteran sleevers!

I am in McMinnville and we have a support group that meets the first Monday of every month. We will be meeting again on August 6th @ 6:30 in the surgeon's office. It is a mix of all types of surgery. Not a lot of attendees, would love to have some others join us.

it is facilitated by the Psych my surgeon works with. He is also a weight loss surgery patient from several years ago.

Hi Sannah' date='

I live in Portland and am looking for a support group to join. Is there one you are attending?[/quote']

Hey!!

I do not have a group to attend. I am pre op and I would love to meet a group to attend now and in the future. I would like to make these meetings part of my regular routine.

If I find a group I will surely share with you. :)

Sannah

I would like this!

:)

Sannah

Dr. Patterson is a rock star. Sleeved 7/25. So happy with her and the entire team and hospital experience. She became animated and more personable post-op. i think she is focused and some what detached pre-op. (I do not think this is a bad thing.) You're gonna do great!!!

(reposting as I mistakenly posted this in a different thread :-P )

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

Dr. Patterson is a rock star. Sleeved 7/25. So happy with her and the entire team and hospital experience. She became animated and more personable post-op. i think she is focused and some what detached pre-op. (I do not think this is a bad thing.) You're gonna do great!!!

(reposting as I mistakenly posted this in a different thread :-P )

life is a journey' date=' not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX[/quote']

Hello!!

Congrats in your sleeve!! How are you feeling? Any complications?

I am pre op. I am going to Legacy Good Sam- Weight Managment Institute Is the where you went and saw Emma Patterson? I looked online and it seems that maybe she works at multiple clinics.

I hope your feeling good. :)

Hello!!

Congrats in your sleeve!! How are you feeling? Any complications?

I am pre op. I am going to Legacy Good Sam- Weight Managment Institute Is the where you went and saw Emma Patterson? I looked online and it seems that maybe she works at multiple clinics.

I hope your feeling good. :)

No complications! I'm very happy with the short stay and long stay surgical teams at Good Sam.

I have issues with pain management. I get really loopy but narcotics don't do a lot for my pain. So they worked really hard to get me comfortable. Finally switched to anti inflammatory and that's when I popped up out of bed. No snarky nurses.

I think Dr Halpin is the lead doc at the weight institute. I'm not sure, though. I see Dr Patterson at her practice: Oregon Weightloss Surgery.

Good luck to you! Keep us updated :)

CBT:

Glad to hear you had no complications!! :) Bummer to hear about your pain level, that sounds like it could have been rather challenging!

Thursday I have my PT, NP, Psychological evaluation and Nutrtional appointments. I am three months into the six month medically supervised weight loss program, which is required through my insurance (Premera BCBS).

I looked at the Oregon Weight Loss Clinic as well.. Maybe I should go back and find out if Emma Patterson accepts my insurance. I have heard many great things about Emma. So did Emma come to Legacy to perform your procedure?

Wishing You Continued Wellness,

Sannah

CBT:

Glad to hear you had no complications!! :) Bummer to hear about your pain level' date=' that sounds like it could have been rather challenging!

Thursday I have my PT, NP, Psychological evaluation and Nutrtional appointments. I am three months into the six month medically supervised weight loss program, which is required through my insurance (Premera BCBS).

I looked at the Oregon Weight Loss Clinic as well.. Maybe I should go back and find out if Emma Patterson accepts my insurance. I have heard many great things about Emma. So did Emma come to Legacy to perform your procedure?

Wishing You Continued Wellness,

Sannah[/quote']

Hi Sannah.

She did. She walks the sky bridge from her practice straight into the long term surgical stay unit.

My anestegiologist for the sleeve is the department chair and he said they really have a great surgical team. They made some changes recently and he feels they are working well together to serve bariatric patients.

(He told me he's the department chair because I asked him about complication rates and if he stays in the room. He is a funny man. Told several jokes. Said he can't have a complication rate because he's the department chair. Yuk yuk.)

Idk anything about the legacy institue. Let me know what you decide!

Anybody in the Eugene area??

Hi,

I am not from Eugene, but welcome to the forum!! ;) I am from Portland. I think when I previously read back in the Oregon section I saw some people from Eugene. I hope you find them and connect!

Best,

Sannah