Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have To Brag About My Dr. Garcia

Well i was sleeved february 13th. Have lost 14 lbs since the 13th. Which is great. I have had a few questions since ive gotten home from mexico.

i email dr. Garcia. He responds with in the same hour usually. I couldn't be happier with his care.I doubt he needs any refferences but I feel like

its only right to share my hapiness with others. i have a 8month old, a 2 year old, and a 3year old and im only 2 weeks plus a day post op and i

feel good. I WANT TO THANK YOU DR. GARCIA AND WISH ALL OF YOU TO BE FELLOW SLEEVERS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Momofthree,

Congratulations of being sleeved! And welcome to The Loser's Bench. A 14 pounds weight loss already? That is fantastic You are doing great! We are all looking forward to hearing your progress reports, so please keep posting and let us all know how you are doing! It is so encouraging to hear from other sleevers about their progress! It helps to keep me faithful to my own program! So thanks again for posting and welcome, glad to have you on the Losing Side!

Kathy D (alias Helen the Cat)

I am supposed to have surgery with Dr. Garcia on May 14, 2012. I am quite excited and nervous at the same time. I am glad to hear good things about him. Please keep us posted on your progress. I am so happy for you and I wish you all the best.

How was your travel and stay? I am terrified to go across and into Mexico. My family keeps pulling up articles and such of the crime trying to scare me. I laugh it off but I am scared!!

You should pull up articles about the crime in your area or in the US as a whole. Of course, the news is going to feature all of the negative things, if all they put on the news was positive things, no one would watch. I just went to Tijuana last week and I saw no crime, it was beautiful there.

I am scared too but I am not going to let it stop me from making the best decision for myself. The unknown is always scary and the US has a lot of crime also. I have heard great stories from the people that have went to Mexico for the surgery and I am going to think positive and take my advice from people that have went there. My family is scared too but they have not been there so they really do not know what it is like. When is your surgery?

I haven't scheduled it yet because I have so much going on with my family. I was all set but on hold now. I feel confident about going to Mexico as well. I went to Dr. Zapata for my band and that was over five years ago. Haven't had a problem with it EVER. Just now poor restriction and belching past 6 months

Yay!!! Congrats!!!! I'm so glad you've had such a great experience with Dr. Garcia! I've heard a lot of good things about him! Those of us that have gone to Mexico really had great docs!!!!!

I am having mine with Dr. Garcia on May 14th. I cannot wait. I am so excited. This is the start of a new future for me. I heard one person say it is like having a restart button. Do not go by yourself though. Everyone needs support during something like this I think. I cannot believe how brave people are to have a serious surgery like this alone. I am not that gutsy but I have the upmost respect for those that do. Good luck with your surgery.

Yes he knows his stuff Im 8 days post op and I feel good to..... never was in any pain or discomfort. I emailed Dr. Garcia and he email me back quickly as well. He said before I left if you have any question dont hesitate to call or email. I will get back with you and that he does. He is a good Dr and deserves his props....... I glad you made this thread. My friend that came with me she was so impressed with the service that she says she is going to have it done as well... there were four people that had surgery on my date and we all were walking and having a good time like we hadnt had surgery it was unbelieveable for me because I was being a big baby .....woke up in recovery asking did I have the surgery....because I had no feelings of soreness pain anything had one instance of nausea and they fixed that quick....the nurses was happy to help you. always checking on ya... just all around good people. Rosie and Melisa came to the hotel to check on us even brought me a gift said I was a good patient some lotion from bath and bodyworks.....they were so sweet called checked on me and everything I could go on and on but I think my picture has been drawn.....Good luck on weight loss Ive lost 11.4 pounds

That is great andkel30!! I cannot wait to go and it makes me even more anxious when I hear things like that. Congrats on the great start on your weight loss! If you have any advice or tips it would be appreciated. Did you feel like going anywhere to sight see in Tijuana?

Yes he knows his stuff Im 8 days post op and I feel good to..... never was in any pain or discomfort. I emailed Dr. Garcia and he email me back quickly as well. He said before I left if you have any question dont hesitate to call or email. I will get back with you and that he does. He is a good Dr and deserves his props....... I glad you made this thread. My friend that came with me she was so impressed with the service that she says she is going to have it done as well... there were four people that had surgery on my date and we all were walking and having a good time like we hadnt had surgery it was unbelieveable for me because I was being a big baby .....woke up in recovery asking did I have the surgery....because I had no feelings of soreness pain anything had one instance of nausea and they fixed that quick....the nurses was happy to help you. always checking on ya... just all around good people. Rosie and Melisa came to the hotel to check on us even brought me a gift said I was a good patient some lotion from bath and bodyworks.....they were so sweet called checked on me and everything I could go on and on but I think my picture has been drawn.....Good luck on weight loss Ive lost 11.4 pounds

Hi everybody my sister and I had surgery the same day andkel30 had hers with Dr. Garcia 8 days ago. He is a great Dr. And he has the best nurses. The hospital is small but really CLEAN. Their wasnt much pain but did had some nausea. The Dr. called to check on us yesterday their just too GREAT. Melissa and Rosie took us a gift and to check on us at the hotel.

2bsmall.....we did go siteseeing I feltlike doing everything even when we left I went ti San Diego and walked and shopped all day...lily.....hey how are you and your sister glad to see you online tell them and you mom I said high... Im doing pretty good thou no issue but then you know that.....

That is good to hear. I feel so much better about the whole thing now. Thank you so much.

I was sleeved on Jan 30th with Dr. Garcia and to date I've lost 38 pounds. He is awesome. The worst thing to happen to me is gas and my first menstrual cycle since 2010 (had an endometrial ablation). Other than that I've been fine. His staff is amazing and he sent me an email to check on my progress. He is awesome.