Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 Months Post-Op - Frustrated

Do not get me wrong, the Sleeve was the best decision I have made in my life to get healthy, but who would have known under all that charm and wit, was a beautiful rose?! I started at 222 size 18/20 and am now at 129 size 4. I started a new job and never knew the possibilities outside of my knowledge now that I have the "exterior" looks to go along with it.

I have always had a lot of friends who wanted to be around me for my personality, but the type of attention I am getting now is very different and hard to digest. It is no wonder you read that such a high percentage of men and women who have surgery and are successful end up divorced. I know this probably sounds crazy, but I feel sometimes like I traded in one set of problems for another! Anyone else out there have these issues? I am considered the "hot" chic in the department and other women are starting to dress like me, etc. It is soooo strange! People who have not been through this just don't understand that when I look in the mirror I see the person I was for 39 years, not this new exterior.... so - FRUSTRATED!

I SO know how you feel! (I am NOT considered the "Hot" chick in our office!) but my looks have changed so significantly! It is so strange to me to look in the mirror and see someone different! And my hubbie and I are having a few problems since the surgery! (Although we are working hard to try and resolve these differences!) It's just SO strange! And it is something that I sometimes have problems adjusting to!

Thank you for being honest without judging me! My husband and I too are working very hard on the adjustment. I took a job with a woman as my boss to ease his mind, but it doesn't do much good. I really don't ask for it, I just have a personality that has ALWAYS attracted men to just being my friend and was always "one of the guys". Now it has a whole new twist and I can't come to terms with it.

I started telling them that the package is very pretty all wrapped up with a big beautiful bow, but once you open the box, you may not like what you get!

I too have always been just one of the guys. You have to be true and honorable to yourself. It can be an odd adjustment to the attention, but if its too much for you or it isn't the correct attention a man should be paying to a married woman, you need to speak up. Please don't disrespect your husband or yourself by keeping silent about it.

Yes went to PBR at theHouston Livestock and Rodeo and went to the bbq cook off...I got us into one private tent after another!

Hubby insists he didn't mind but he never left my side either! lol.

I definitely went through a period where I was extremely resentful of male attention after losing weight. I kept asking myself where they all were when I was 200+.

ETA: but hands down the weirdest experience to date for me was having an overweight coworker - who never knew me before my weight loss - make some comment about how people like me are "so lucky - you can eat whatever you want and you stay tiny"! I wanted to tell her she doesn't know HALF of it, but felt that there was really no need for her to know about my surgery.

Remember guys eyes are attached to there little head. You women know this. So you can go from just one of the guys, to being attractive to us very easy. Why do women spend so much time getting dressed up to go outside? How did Playboy get famous? The articles?

So when you change the package wrapping, the guys will notice.

Just stating a fact of life.