Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Is Almost Over- How Is Everyone Doing?

I had my surgery 2/9. Have been doing pretty well, but have been trying to switch to the pureed food stage for the past two days. Not sure just how much to eat- have been just trying a few bites. So far, have had sweet potato with cheese, chicken noodle Soup all mashed up and a little bit of oatmeal. Also, started exercising just a little bit on a stair stepper. I have lost 16.6 lbs since surgery, and 27 since I started this whole journey.

So, what about you?

Surg was 2-6 down 20 total 12 since surg and feeling great! No problems! Now weigh 182 and I bought a sz 10 pants and petite M top to wear to a bridal shower today. They do have some stretch and maybe a tad tight but I do want to be able to wear it more than once! Lol I feel good!!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was Sleeved 2/13 two weeks tomorrow down 17lbs since surgery. So far so good no issues excited about starting soft foods tomorrow. Had my follow up Friday Dr says all is well. I'm bored with walking tho, it has never been my thing. Dr says week 3 I can start doing my aerobics n dancing again, so I'm looking forward to that.

Wishing everyone the best with their journey :)

I was sleeved on Feb 22nd. Only four days ago. I am in pain at times. I have to walk very slowly. The bumps on car rides hurt. I think I am drinking too much, as I feel bloated/over full all the time. I have lots of gas. Other than that, I'm in good spirits. Folks are grubbing pretty hard on plenty of good food around me. I keep telling myself that I will get to eat that soon.

I was sleeved on 2/10 I am doing great. Had a little bit of a problem today where I got sick and threw up. I am not sure what brought it on but I think we have had a flu bug going around our house. I am trying more mushy food but think I may go back to liquids again until I feel this bug is gone. I have been in bed the majority of today. :( I can't wait to get back to the gym and get walking.

I was Sleeved 2/13 two weeks tomorrow down 17lbs since surgery. So far so good no issues excited about starting soft foods tomorrow. Had my follow up Friday Dr says all is well. I'm bored with walking tho, it has never been my thing. Dr says week 3 I can start doing my aerobics n dancing again, so I'm looking forward to that.

Wishing everyone the best with their journey :)

I was sleeved on the 13th as well!!! I was released on the 15th, and when I got home, I weighed in...as of today (2weeks) I am down 30lbs Post Op, and 45lbs since I started my journey! It is such an exciting feeling!!! I am in Stage 3 of my diet right now, but I am having a hard time finding things I enjoy, and getting in my Protein. I am going to setup a schedule tomorrow to go by, and hopefully that will help me. I have no appetite at all, besides crazing Water, so it makes it hard for me to try to get foods down. All in all, I am very excited about this,and with each passing day, I smile brighter and brighter!!! My goal weight is to get back to my high school days of 150!

Hi! I'm new to the board, live in Sweden and was sleeved on 28/02. I am down 12 lbs in 12 days. I am on puree and really bored with it. Does anyone get hiccup like cramps after only a 1/4 cup of purees? It's painful and makes me weak and sweaty. I am going to contact my doc on monday about it but I've not heard of anyone having this problem.

HI, Kim- I can still only eat not much more than 1/4 cup of anything. If I eat more, I get a sharp pain in my stomach, and sometimes pretty nauseous. I am somewhere between puree and soft food after 4 1/2 weeks.

I am 1 month post op (as of tomrrow) and I can't eat more than a couple bites of anything....if I eat applesauce, yogurt, or Soups, it takes me a very long time. I have learned to not rush it, just snack around. If I get thirsty in between, I just rinse my mouth out. The one thing that annoys me the most, is I ALWAYS have cotton mouth, like I just can't get enough to drink. I am meeting my daily liquids requirement, but always very parched. I am sure once the time passes, we will be more adjusted to our new lives.

The one thing that I am so tickled over, but find so strange, is the change in my taste buds....things I used to love before, really repulse me now. Who knows, I may just like salad after all!!! LOL!!!

Ok phew! I am not abnormal afterall. I still get cravings and eat rather quickly ... I feel hunger. This bothers me since they told me I wouldn't likely have this issue anymore. Although today I'm not hungry at all but parched like 3lilrams. And now I crave Dr Pepper. :(

Oh Dr. Pepper!!!! SHEW....that was the love of my life pre op! I havent had even a sip in over a month, and I don't miss it at all. I crave Water. And when I want flavor, I just add a Hawaiian Punch packet, the no sugar added...they taste the same as the gallons you buy, but have only 5 calories. I can handle that!! I also LOVE the Great Value Dragon fruit flavor. You can get the Hawaiian Punch at Walmart for $1, and the GV for $1.74. I purchased about 6 boxes today, because my kids love these...so instead of them having empty calories, they are still getting their water, with flavor, and NO SUGAR!

Sadly, there are no WalMarts or Hawaiin Punch packets in Sweden. I guess I could check ebay for those.