Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Fitness Activities Do You Do With Your Spouse?

Just curious what others have come up with as far as exercise with your spouse or partner? We need to find something to do together on date nights other than go out to eat. But, my husband isn't that into most exercise.

We have bikes, so we can go biking. We regularly (several times a week) walk a couple of miles around our neighborhood. I think we should go to one of the indoor ice rinks one of these days.

What are some other good date nights that involve moving about and not just eating?

Hubs and I gave up "date night" for "date morning" starting last July. We decided to set the goal to run a 1/2 Marathon and joined a running group that met every Saturday morning to help us prepare. I should note that we could barely go for a mile when we joined and some in our group choose to walk rather than run. It has been a truly life-changing experience for us.

If running/walking isn't your thing, you could go to the driving range and hit some golf balls, batting cages for batting practice, join a gym to lift weights or hit the bowling alley. If you live near Water kayaking or rowing is also an option. We also really like to go to the horse races on date night. Anything can do that takes the focus off of food. :)

FYI- We are not a super-fit couple. We are both tall but still have plenty of extra pounds. It is fun to get outside of the rut and do active things together.

Good luck to you!

Amanda

Posting details here would be inappropriate *winkwink*

Hubs and I gave up "date night" for "date morning" starting last July. We decided to set the goal to run a 1/2 Marathon and joined a running group that met every Saturday morning to help us prepare. I should note that we could barely go for a mile when we joined and some in our group choose to walk rather than run. It has been a truly life-changing experience for us.

If running/walking isn't your thing, you could go to the driving range and hit some golf balls, batting cages for batting practice, join a gym to lift weights or hit the bowling alley. If you live near Water kayaking or rowing is also an option. We also really like to go to the horse races on date night. Anything can do that takes the focus off of food. :)

FYI- We are not a super-fit couple. We are both tall but still have plenty of extra pounds. It is fun to get outside of the rut and do active things together.

Good luck to you!

Amanda

This is great, thank you! We actually have two gym memberships, but are terrible at going. One of the gyms has an indoor pool and we really need to go. That would be a good date night. We have been doing an annual 5k for the past three years in Bisbee AZ, but it is mostly up stairs, if you can imagine! Check out the link: Bisbee 1000.

Definitely the bowling alley - thanks for that idea, as we have a brand new one nearby!

lol- been there, doing that! *winkwink*

You could also go dancing.

World's worst dancer here, but we just got one of those dance games for our Xbox 360. Maybe I will try it, but I am so terrible!

my husband and i play the Wii a lot, we do all the crazy games we wouldve never done before my surgery, i was always too tired. We also go swimming at our gym and a lot lot more of the *winkwink*

My hubby goes to the wellness center and swims laps with me, we both enjoy it and gives us something to do other than sit in front of the tv. We enjoy relaxing in the therapy pool after swimming laps. It's so relaxing! We have also walked together.

:)

My wife and I just did a 5K today, she after being sleeved only a month ago. She walked most of it with my son (next on the sleeve list) and I ran it but we all had a great time and the sunshine did wonders for our disposition.

LOL, you beat me to it.

Couch surfing.....

During the summer we take bike rides through our local wilderness area, into town. Some great bike trails there...

Have you ever tried Geocaching? You can find geocaches just about anywhere, while hiking or while strolling about in a big city. Its a fun way to get active. www.geocaching.com

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Well, we WERE going to x-country ski today since we had a huge snowfall, but SOMEONE would rather sit on the couch and read comic books, so it'll be just me.