Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Good The Bad And The Ugly

I just came back for my doctor’s appointment, and as a few of you know I only weigh in with my doctor because I tend to either reward or neglect myself depend on if I am happy with what is on the scale. My goal has always been to focus on health and not just the amount of pounds lost (even though I am always happy to drop a lot of weight!) So here are my numbers so far.

12/1/11 287

1/3/12 260

2/10/12 249

2/24/12 246

Total loss since surgery 41 pounds

I am down 3 pounds at this weigh in and I have mixed feelings about this. I’m happy for the loss, but my first reaction is really only 3 pounds?!?!? I need another way to look at this situation so I am reaching out to my community.

Thanks!

There is NO only in weight loss. Every pound lost is another pound you don't have to face tomorrow. Go look at a pound of butter or a pound of fat from meat. You've removed one more of those from your body, and that's a wonderful thing!

Look for the NSVs. Are your clothes looser? Are you more energetic? If so, then you ARE making wonderful progress!

I've been feeling like this a lot lately! I've been at a stall for a while... I had surgery on 12/12... I have lost 35 pounds. I don't know how much is typical in the first two months, but I really wish this stall would go away for good!

Congrats on all your progress so far!

You all are doing great. Everyone is different & lose at a different pace. If you are at a stall, step up on the exercise a little bit. It doesn't take much to get it going again. Good luck! :)

and it looks from your post that this is 3 pounds in 2 weeks--which is sort of like 6 pounds in a month, right? Like others have said, take the word "only" out of your vocabulary. Sometimes you just won't lose as much as other times--check my stats in my signature for proof!

Just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing. If you are not tracking your intake, that might be a good idea, just so you know you're getting the right quantities of Water and Protein and you know how many calories you're taking in. You're doing okay, though!! No worries.

I've been feeling like this a lot lately! I've been at a stall for a while... I had surgery on 12/12... I have lost 35 pounds. I don't know how much is typical in the first two months, but I really wish this stall would go away for good!

Congrats on all your progress so far!

Hey I feel you on the stall, I had my sugery on 12/12 also and this whole month has been a stall basically. I've lost 36 pounds since sugery. I've only lost 5 pounds this month. Last month I lost 15, so it's been a very disappointing month. I know a loss is a loss but 5 pounds seems very low for being only 2 months out.

So after feeling bad about myself and not allowing myself to be happy for the 3 pound loss as I should. I took the weekend to meet with a trainer and have set up a new exercise plan that I will start tonight after work. I am starting to work on the elliptical and strength training, I will still be doing the swim aerobics twice a week and my do a yoga class now and again, but I am focusing on the elliptical for the month of March. Thanks for listing to me and my pity party I just need to really get a grip with this number issue. I refuse to feel badly for any amount of weight that I lose from now on! Thank you all for your support!