Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia And Team Are Awesome!

I was sleeved last Thursday Feb 16 in Tijuana Mexico by Dr Fernando Garcia and his awesome team..There are not enough adjectives to describe my expirience Dr Garcia his assisstant Dr. Velazco and anethesiologist Dr. Cabrerra are the finest team of doctors I have ever been placed with. I was very reluctant on going to Mexico(as I have a quite extenstive medical history) and now I don't want to go to doctors here in the US. The nurses were very kind, compassionate and competent I never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for anything..They even give you an internist to follow you during your stay whom gives you a thouragh exam I cannot remember her name but she was very sweet. The hospital is so so clean the smell of pinesol was everywhere. Their equipment is older than here in the US but it all works and does the job needed... I cannot believe that I had NO pain my biggest issue was nausea which they aggressivly treated the first few hours post op are the worst and after I did not even feel as if I had surgery . I am posting because I want anyone who is having had a hard time deciding on Mexico or US . I would rather be there than here for any medical treatment..I cannot vouch for any doctors other than the one's involved in my care but Dr. Garcia and his entire team are a doctors that I would Highly recommend to anyone especially my family members..feel free to PM if any questions

I agree with you 100 percent. The entire staff of Dr Garcia was great and very professional. I also thought that the internist was fantastic. I had a question after I was released to the hotel and she called me right back and gave me a new medication. It was after dark and since I had no idea where to go the hotel staff went to the pharmacy for me and brought the meds to my room. I would go back for surgery there again in a heart beat. Oh and if anyone is planning on going to Dr Garcia and staying at Hotel Pueblo Amigo I have posted pictures of my room and the hotel on my pics.

Glad you had a great experience also and wish you all the best in your journey.

Andy I too needed medicine and the cooridinators cames to my hotel room at 10 at night and I did not have enough cash on me...Judy said dont worry about it we can work it out later...Dr Garcias patients are now going to The Marriott it is soooo nice there..As I said this was the best medical experience I have ever had (and I;ve had alot)..I too would go back in a heartbeat...as I said wish I could get all my medical care there..If I lived in California I certainly would..

Thank You Kelly..Glad to be on the losers bench..just wish I could figure out this ticker tape thingy and all that other neat stuff you wrote..

I am glad that you had such a wonderful experience. I am also glad that the Marriott is nice and that it was a pleasant experience for you. Wish you a speedy recovery and all the best.

I just got back home yesterday from my trip for surgery with Dr. Garcia. They are definitely top-notch. When I woke up the next day after surgery, I told them that it didn't feel like I'd had surgery at all, and the internist and Dr. Garcia both said that I didn't look like someone who had just had surgery. LOL. I was running up and down the hallway with my IV and visiting with other people in their rooms.

Very happy all went well and that you are home safe. How is your energy level?

I am glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience! 19 days until my surgery with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana and I can't wait to join the losers bench!

Everyone is getting me excited and ready for my surgery with dr Garcia. I was wondering do I need to take off my acrylic nails first? What about my wedding ring?

I'd leave my ring and nails at home.

Haha! That sounded funny. I think leaving ring at home is good idea. I'm gonna have try to get it off, and my nails too.

Congrats! Im approaching 6 months post op with Dr. Garcia and ive had no issues. Have a speedy recovery!

I just got back home yesterday from my trip for surgery with Dr. Garcia. They are definitely top-notch. When I woke up the next day after surgery' date=' I told them that it didn't feel like I'd had surgery at all, and the internist and Dr. Garcia both said that I didn't look like someone who had just had surgery. LOL. I was running up and down the hallway with my IV and visiting with other people in their rooms.[/quote']

Yes you was all up and down the hall so was I this has been the best surgery I ever had he and his crew are top notch caring and know their stuff

Hey BarbieB,

You wondered how to put the weight loss ticker and the other neat stuff on your posts? Lil MisDiva has a tutorial on it. The web address is:

www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/13516-ticker-tutorial-for-vst-lbt-with-pictures/

I am computer challenged, and I figured it out from Irene's (LilMissDiva's) tutorial. Hope this helps.

Kathy D (alias Helen the Cat)