Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Thursday 2/16 Did Not Go As Planned, Was In Icu For Three Days. Home Now.

Wow, that is incredible. Surely not what you had planned for! I'm so glad they took such good care of you and you are home and recovering now. Take it easy, rest and get some fluids in! This will only be but a memory very soon. We are all here for you and praying for a speedy recovery! Take care, Beth

Praying for you right now. I admire the way you chose to be optimistic. You will be sure to heal faster with that attitude.

God Bless you and keep us posted!

Glad ur home! Blessed you are always. God is good...I pray the rest of your recovery is smooth and your healing is fast.

Thanks for sharing

Glad to hear everything turned out ok. Glory to God because He is able.

Thank you all for your well wishes, prayers and support. I really appreciate it. I am happy to have had this surgery. And I will be extremely happy with the results that will come from it. It was very very hard to have put my life in danger, choosing to have surgery. But like with all things in life, there is much to be learned from it. Just this evening my husband and I were talking about the choice I made not to tell our family. They don't live near us, they won't see me for the next five months. And it will be fun to see them at that point. But if I had died last Thursday... I am excited that tomorrow is the beginning of Lent. I have a whole lot to reflect on. But it is all good. Surrounded by prayers and love, surrounded by Angels in heaven, the outcome was good and the journey will be very productive. I was looking for life changing... now I have a very large scar to remind me - it was life saving, in all ways.

(...happy to no longer be a diabetic) Let us march on and be glad for the courage and conviction to become who we were created to be. Thanks again.

Bless your heart. You went through a lot. It is very scary what happened to you. I just know you feel blessed to be alive and the only good that can come from it is you can be more grateful to be alive every day. God bless!

Everything is good and on track. I had my staples taken out on Friday. Healing well and losing well. Cleared to fly, which is good cause I'm flying to CO. for a few days in the morning. I am still on clear (somewhat clear) foods. I go to puree at the end of next week. Another then a larger then planned scar the beginning of the event is almost out of my mind. Other then the need sometime during Lent, I would like to take the time to sit down and reflect on what I learned from almost losing my life. The surgeon said it has never happened to her before. She also said that if I hadn't been stuck in recovery waiting for a room (for a long time) that it might have cost me my life. Once on the upper floors, they treat you more like someone in good health waiting to go home. Anyway, the story ended well and I am on the right path.

Went out to a resturant for my sons birthday last night. Called several restaurants to find out who had the best Soup of the day and found someone having Lentil Soup (not exactly clear) but I asked them if they could blend it. It was great, lots of Fiber and taste. Strangely enough, I felt like I was going to weigh more today, just because of fancy soup. ;0) Didn't gain an ounce, lost a few.

verysoon I am so elated your story had a happy ending...your strength and conviction is a Blessing...I am being sleeved in about 24 hours and I know this is the best decision I have ever made...the few people I have told in the last few days are against me having the surgery, but they do not live in this body of mine and they don't know the pain this extra weight is doing to my body and soul...you are truly an inspiration to me! God Bless you!...Melanie:)

Meljp: good luck with your surgery. It is a decision we do not come to lightly, so ignore the nay sayers. I have only told 3 friends (one of whom had a sleeve last March); my mum and siblings. The way I see it, this is a decision for me and no one else. I'll be looking out for your post-op posts. I'm right on your heels...March 1st!

Everything is good and on track. I had my staples taken out on Friday. Healing well and losing well. Cleared to fly, which is good cause I'm flying to CO. for a few days in the morning. I am still on clear (somewhat clear) foods. I go to puree at the end of next week. Another then a larger then planned scar the beginning of the event is almost out of my mind. Other then the need sometime during Lent, I would like to take the time to sit down and reflect on what I learned from almost losing my life. The surgeon said it has never happened to her before. She also said that if I hadn't been stuck in recovery waiting for a room (for a long time) that it might have cost me my life. Once on the upper floors, they treat you more like someone in good health waiting to go home. Anyway, the story ended well and I am on the right path.

Went out to a resturant for my sons birthday last night. Called several restaurants to find out who had the best Soup of the day and found someone having Lentil soup (not exactly clear) but I asked them if they could blend it. It was great, lots of Fiber and taste. Strangely enough, I felt like I was going to weigh more today, just because of fancy soup. ;0) Didn't gain an ounce, lost a few.

SO glad you're doing alright!!! Praise God!!