Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Days Post Op And Loosing Slowly Please Help

well im starting to physicaly feeling better lil by lil each day. but something weird has happend. day of surgery i weighed 304 three days

later on the same digital scale weighed 281 wow yippi. i was on nothing but gatorade. now a week post op ive been eating Soups and a

lil thin cream of wheat. and i now weigh 298. im so embarassed.have you gone thru this please be honest.

The same thing happened to me. About a week after surgery I was down from 269 to 253 and few days later I had my follow-up (about 10 days out) and was at 259 which the doctor was happy about. Over the next few weeks I had gotten close to surgey weight and I had my 1 month visit coming up. By the time the one month visit came around I was up about a pound. I was afraid that they were going to recommend that I get a fill but I didn't want one because I have good restriction and don't feel hunger from the plication. I did get some advice on how much Protein and carbs I should have daily and in the week and a half since that appointment I'm down about 6 or 7 pounds.

Give your body time to adjust. I'm not sure how nomal it is but it happens. Also I found that in that time that the weight weight went up and slowly game back down, I must have lost inches because my clothes became too big and others noticed the weight loss on me

So you've lost 5lbs in one week! That is great! Right after surgery, they are pumping you with liquids and your body is going through so much! It is not anything to be embarassed about! Stick with your plan and all will be fine! Good Luck! :-)

Thanks for sharing! I am 7 days po today and am at 5lbs too, which is all the crap leaving my body so far:-) I too feel like I'm doing something wrong or not good enough and yet I see I'm recovering still and my body is changing in many ways and maybe my measurements have changed (haven't checked) , so to relax, breath and take it one good strong, educated, disciplined day at a time!!!

Good luck on your journey...

You are doing great! Just sit back and relax and work that sleeve!! :)

I had 3 days of IV fluid/ pain meds and that had me UP 14lbs after surgery. I am JUST NOW getting back to my pre-op weight (213) a week and some days later! Talk about frustrating but it goes to show you that the body is confused and trying to figure things out after the trauma it received.

To be honest, I have skipped around with what I have been eating since about day 5 and I am still losing the inches. I can tell already in my clothes and the way they fit. Give it time.. we are all still pretty early in our journey and together we will make this work! :)

Good luck!

You're doing fine! Who knows how much fluids they pumped you full of in the hospital. Who knows how long it took your body to get rid of those fluids. And as far at the differences in the scale go- sometimes they're just dumb! We know this!! HaHa

well im starting to physicaly feeling better lil by lil each day. but something weird has happend. day of surgery i weighed 304 three days

later on the same digital scale weighed 281 wow yippi. i was on nothing but gatorade. now a week post op ive been eating Soups and a

lil thin cream of wheat. and i now weigh 298. im so embarassed.have you gone thru this please be honest.

I had my one week checkup today and I was told they did not expect me to have lost any more than a couple of pounds because your body is still getting over the trauma. Just be patient. Your new life is BE GINN ING....Must be patient.

Wow thank you for the support