Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Edamame: Have You Tried It?

I bought a bag of frozen edmame in the podt. I followed the directions to boil in slightly salty Water for 5 minutes. They are wonderful! I will be buying this regularly now. Anyone else? And what do you use them for other than snacking by themselves?

since i half japanese this was already a staple in my diet..but i recently found prepacked ones at safeway... the are microwavable... sounds odd, but perfect for on the go.. and they have a lot in these little packs.. made with sea salt.. they are soooooooo yummy.

I have only had them at restaurants. They sprinkle some kind of seasoned salt on top of the pods, so when you put it your mouth to retrieve the edamame you get the yummy salty flavor. Thanks for bringing it up, I will try them at home.

Just found this recipe. It sounds great.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-edamame/

Edited by longer-life

I buy them at costco. Pop them in the micro wave and mm mm GREAT!!!!

I had some just yesterday! I find that just boiling them in salted Water is good.

I recently came across a recipe that made edamame-based guacamole, I thought it was a neat idea - you keep the avocado taste and nice green color, but you get a bit of extra Protein and Fiber in the dip.

I recently came across a recipe that made edamame-based guacamole, I thought it was a neat idea - you keep the avocado taste and nice green color, but you get a bit of extra Protein and Fiber in the dip.

Oooh. Love the idea of an edamame guacamole!!! I make Soup out of edamame too... they're very versatile, but I like it with coconut milk and lime juice. Here's a link to my version:

food.html" rel="external nofollow">http://soup-a-woman....ouper-food.html

Oooh. Love the idea of an edamame guacamole!!! I make Soup out of edamame too... they're very versatile, but I like it with coconut milk and lime juice. Here's a link to my version:

food.html" rel="external nofollow">http://soup-a-woman....ouper-food.html

That looks good!

Edamame is one of my favorite Snacks and has been for years!!! It's a complete Protein packed with all the essential amino acids. Fresh edamame is the best but I will often buy the pre cooked bags in the frozen section at Trader Joe's and heat them up in the microwave. I then throw some sea salt on them...YUM!!!

[quote name=Lisa :)' timestamp='1329627717' post='271380] Edamame is one of my favorite Snacks and has been for years!!! It's a complete Protein packed with all the essential amino acids. Fresh edamame is the best but I will often buy the pre cooked bags in the frozen section at Trader Joe's and heat them up in the microwave. I then throw some sea salt on them...YUM!!!

TJs have them in the freezer section in the pod and out. Great snack. I like playing with my food, and these fill the bill!

Love love love edemame! I buy from costco, put in a zip loc baggie, leave the baggie open a little bit and micro for maybe 30 seconds? Soooo yummy and seasoned perfectly.

LOVE edamame! Just bought cruncha mame which is dried veggies- edamame, corn and green bell pepper sooo good tastes better than any chips ever! It's weird lol my mouth waters and yet my stomach never growls anymore....

I love them and eat sushi a lot. I usually always get full on edemame first though. lol