Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lovin' Lavin In Louisiana - Patient's Of Dr. Tom Lavin, Unite!

I just got off the phone with Dr. Lavin and had a great feeling talking to him. I live in California, though. Do folks here think it's worth traveling to LA to do it or would I be better with someone local?

You should check Dr. Paul Cirangle in San Francisco. One of the best in the country with over 5000 surgeries. www.lapsf.com

Hi All-

I am in the pre-op gathering stage with Dr. Lavin. Have not actually met with him yet, but hope to soon. They recommended the sleeve for me and I am still mentally adjusting to the idea, thinking I would ask for lap band. Anyone who's had either of these, please share if you are happy with your choice. Looking for information and support. Thanks.

MizNola - I had the sleeve done two years ago. I love my sleeve!! I had 70 lbs. to lose, and the sleeve was the perfect tool for me to do it. I have kept it off for two years. Yes, it's permanent.. Yes, you can gain your weight back with either procedure. I followed Dr. Lavin's orders to a "T". It was the best thing I ever did for myself..!! The sleeve is a wonderful tool to help you lose weight. I realized that I didn't need to eat as much food as I was eating prior to the surgery. Also, I wasn't hungry. With either procedure you still have to watch what you eat. Some foods go down easily, and so you can eat more. You still have to use will power and good choices to maintain your weight. I can eat whatever I want but less of it. Just follow the doctor's orders and you will be successful. Good luck!

Thanks so much. I love your positivity and attitude. I'm excited for a change and hope I will feel as happy as you about the decision.

Dr. Lavin did my gastric sleeve surgery in May 2014. I'm 8 weeks postop and very pleased so far. I only met him once and he had a really good bedside manner. He is one of the top bariatric surgeons in Louisiana and is a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery. I felt 100% comfortable with him.

His staff is quick to respond to questions via phone and email. I don't usually have to wait too long in his office prior to an appointment. Their nutritionist is a WITCH. Couldn't stand her. She is a very rude and curt woman who complains that she has to repeat the same thing over and over all day.

Would I recommend him? So far, definitely.

Hello I had surgery with Dr Lavin about 5 years ago, I have about 39 lbs of regain yo lose, I have lost all my papers from surgery and would like to get a copy of like the pre op diet and the post op diet so I can try to lose this regain, thanks

brandifb i gotcha covered girl. here you go! :)

sleeve.pdf