Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can't Believe Im This Damn Broke....

I am in a bind. My credit is shot. I have no more money. I need this weight loss surgery BAD! I have severe sleep apnea, high blood pressure and much more. Is there any organizations that help pay for this type of surgery? I know that there are loans available but the ones that I have seen require a lump sum deposit. Anyone know of any others? Anyone know of any places that do in house financing? I am a travel agent so I can do airfare but I dont have access to thousands of dollars right now and I NEED this surgery as soon as possible. To be honest, I dont think I will live much longer...

I am in the same boat. I had to cash out my 401K. I can't get a loan. I'm sorry I don't know of any organizations that can help. You can try clinical trials. Here's the website. http://clinicaltrials.gov/

I don't know if he still does it, but Dr Rodriquez in MX used to do in-house financing, but it was still a good chunk down first. I think like half down? You could check with them, but I don't have his contact info. There's other patients of his here you could ask, or you could try to google for his info.

I'm with Dr. Rodriguez and am financing. My credit is pretty crappy, I had a bankruptcy a few years ago and a high debt to income ratio. I got approved, with $2500 down and will pay for the remaining $6000 monthly for 2.5 years. I figure I'll get it paid off, and then do the same thing for plastics if I need to. I am uninsured, and am working a temp job. I went through beliteweight.com, and they approved me right away. I can't say if they will approve you or not, but it's worth a try, and their paperwork is VERY legit, they don;t charge a huge financing fee, and it's giving me an opportunity to get on with my life that I wouldn't have otherwise. Pair with that the facte that he is an amazing surgeon, working out of a first class hospital, and it's a no brainer! I wish you luck!

Does she know of a good company that does loans? Which doctor does she work with?

Belite Weight. Dr. Rod. They offer in house financing.< /p>

Oh ok thanks. I'm pretty set on dr Garcia. Thank you for the info!

What about glamour credi.com or medicalfinance.com? Anyone heard of these?

Medicalfinance.com and Care Credit both denied me. I also was denied for a personal loan from my bank and also from the credit union my mother works at.... so the in house financing from Belite was my only option, but it's actually turned into a good thing in my mind. Dr. Rod sounds awesome, maybe research him too, if one doc is offering financing, and the other isn't , and both are good surgeons, it's a no brainer right?

Are you going to Juarez or tj? Did they ask for the down payment before scheduling or when you arrive?

Best wishes to all of you.

I too changed my mind to dr Rodriguez. I'm so excited.

Are you going to Juarez or tj? Did they ask for the down payment before scheduling or when you arrive?

They were really cool about it. You pay $500 down to hold your appointment within 7 days of sceduling. So I called and scheduled, then I paid my $500 deposit to hold the date and bought my plane tickets. I'll pay the remaining deposit ($2000 in my case) in a cashiers check when I arrive for surgery. The rest will be paid in monthly automatic payments out of my checking account. It's been easier than I thought it should be. I'm headed to TJ in 21 days! I'll be sure to post about my experience when I get home. So far though, Belite has done very well, and I am impressed with their followthrough and overall friendliness and excitement for me.

That sounds great !! Im so excited for you! How long did it take you to get an answer back?